Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 06-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #16
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Nice car, looks really good - good colour choice too
Do you have any interior shots?
Sure thing. I'll do a few when the sun is good.

gis: I don't think I would want to do that... it would almost be like a comedy video. You could imagine something going on "oomph"-mode when you drop the clutch, then slowing down as you press on. It'll almost be like taking the mickey.

brembo: I really disagree with the broken bed bit. It's much better looking than that.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #17
gis
Regular User

lol well just pass me the video,id personally like to see it and come on,its faster than my fiesta ZS,lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #18
Sir_GT
Regular User

^^^ I'll do one for you when I get the chance then.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #19
T-Bird
Regular User

It's an ok looking car but you really need to go back to the dealer and get larger wheels they look like fucking mini truck wheels on the car. I personally would have got a 2 door but I guess you need it for a family car. I have to say that is one of the better colors for it. You need a Turbo Diesel in there though I guess the americans got that right before the Europeans huh?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:27 AM   #20
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
It's an ok looking car but you really need to go back to the dealer and get larger wheels they look like fucking mini truck wheels on the car. I personally would have got a 2 door but I guess you need it for a family car. I have to say that is one of the better colors for it. You need a Turbo Diesel in there though I guess the americans got that right before the Europeans huh?
Believe me, if there actually was a two-door version, that would've been the one I would've chose. Alas, that's not the case.

I agree about the wheels though. Annoyingly enough, there wasn't a ready option to upgrade to 18's, just 17's, which isn't much of a difference at all.

Also, unless Hartge supply a turbocharger upgrade, I doubt if I'll fit one in. Hartge's modifications don't void the BMW warranty, which is excellent, and which is why I'm going to them when I finally get the ECU and exhaust done.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #21
Sir_GT
Regular User

I've actually made a list of mods to the car...

18" rims
Hartge ECU upgrade
Hartge exhaust upgrade
Kermit doll
Old 06-08-2005, 05:34 AM   #22
gis
Regular User

i can imagine its gonna fly with an ECU upgrade.the one my friend encountered.he thinks it had some mods to it.it was unreal how quick it just left him,lol

when do you plan to get these mods?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #23
TransAm
Regular User

Kermit doll?

Muppet!

j/k

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 PM   #24
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
i can imagine its gonna fly with an ECU upgrade.the one my friend encountered.he thinks it had some mods to it.it was unreal how quick it just left him,lol

when do you plan to get these mods?
A while still. Probably after I turn 25 (a few months from now), so that my insurance premium drops.

If your friend encountered a 120d, then he shouldn't be surprised. I'm not being biased because I've got one... the little fucker really does go like the clappers. The gearing is so low and the torque band so weird that almost all the power is there in first and second. Third is just an extra push, and 4th, 5th, and 6th are just for motorways.

Also, I can now confirm that the weird whistling "forced induction"-type noise I heard on the first day actually is from the 120d. It's strangely addicting to hear as well... sounds just like a turbocharger about to dump air, except this one never does, and just builds up into a high-pitched roar.

Brilliant.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #25
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
The high pitch we have also with the clio, but after passing 4k rpm. It's not that loud, but loud enough to know when to shift :p

A diesels powerband is between 2000 & 4000 rpm, sometimes a little lower or higher. Depends from car to car.

I encounter the exact same problem under acceleration, until 60km/h it's fast but then it all slows down a bit.
What kind of diesel engine does the Clio have? I'm just curious, because I heard another diesel bimmer (X5) blasting past me today, and I heard that sound again. As with you, it disappears when the revs top over, but it still is an interesting sound to hear over and over.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #26
bmwmpower
Regular User

nice car, but why u dont buy 320 D ? is much better car that 1 series, IMO,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #27
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmwmpower
nice car, but why u dont buy 320 D ? is much better car that 1 series, IMO,
Several reasons:

a) The new 3-series is too big for the wife (she's petite, and only likes small cars)
b) The spec is less than what we would get in the 120D
c) If we did get the same spec, it would be beyond our original budget
d) Same engine as with the 120D, which means the 120D is quicker, and more economical
e) and of course... I will get a new model 3... but I'm looking at the 2007 M3, so the wife will keep the 120D to herself.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:19 AM   #28
bmwmpower
Regular User

well, im talking about that, i had experience with 1 series maybe 10 months ago,
in one day i drove E46 all models, and 1 series 120 D, and mine opinion is E46 looks better, is better to drive and more practical,new E90 is even better,
still think 1 series is good car, but not that good like E46
Old 06-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #29
Sir_GT
Regular User

Well, as great as the E46 was, I still wouldn't want to invest all that money into an outgoing model. Simply because I would lose considerably on the depreciation, especially since there are (literally and officially) more E46 3-series cars on the road in the UK than there are Ford Mondeo's.

I agree that the E90 is a great choice, but I did have my reasons for not yet getting one.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:02 PM   #30
bmwmpower
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Well, as great as the E46 was, I still wouldn't want to invest all that money into an outgoing model. Simply because I would lose considerably on the depreciation, especially since there are (literally and officially) more E46 3-series cars on the road in the UK than there are Ford Mondeo's.

I agree that the E90 is a great choice, but I did have my reasons for not yet getting one.
yes, i know that outgoing model is bad investment, but i was telling u mine opinion, well i agree with u