Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #16
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
first, is got less power then the CGT... ok only slightly neglagably less power, but still less power.
602hp is the same as 604bhp. They have equal power. The Zonda however has considerably more torque, and is considerably lighter than the CGT.

And it's still slower

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:54 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay
first, is got less power then the CGT... ok only slightly neglagably less power, but still less power.
602hp is the same as 604bhp. They have equal power. The Zonda however has considerably more torque, and is considerably lighter than the CGT.

And it's still slower
the 7.3-liter, AMG-sourced V-12 makes 650 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque--without the use of forced induction. Even more remarkable, weight is kept down to 2706 pounds
vs.
3042 lb.
5.7-liter displacement
605 hp @ 8,000 rpm
435 lb-ft torque @ 5,750 rpm
Old 09-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #18
Evil-ution
Regular User

the Zonda may have less power then the CGT, but never forget that the Zonda is a torquey car! and btw.. the Zonda F can smoke the CGT any time any where from 0-60, quartermile and top speed!! and lets all not forget that Pagani is a company that came out of no where while Porsche is a much much much older company that used to make beetles with 24 hp and now they started to make cars based on the beetle!!

i think the Zonda F will be faster then the CGT, and i really want to know whats the time of the Enzo on that track.. oh and btw Koenigsegg were able to record a 7:39 mintues with there Koenigsegg CCR using racing settings..

lets just all hope best luck for every car..

The 4G63 Al-Mighty Engine, Best Japanese Engine Ever Built
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^^
im glad i dont get my information from you, and take it as fact...

the Zonda F has 45 more BHP than the CGT, has 125 more lb.-ft. of torque then the CGT, has a larger displacement engine (for all the fan boys complaining about hp/liter of cars like the Z06) and has a carbon fiber monicoque chassis like the CGT, and the Zonda is over 300 lbs lighter... and should have the advantage

... however, its Porsche's experience that allows them to build a superior track car which is also used on the road quite compfortably.

the CCR's suspension is adjustable from the factory, however thier 800 hp car could only manage a 7:39; where they claimed they can set the production car record... but we have yet to see this. dont get me wrong, 7:39 is amazing, but Porsche is in a league of thier own at the NS.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #20
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay

And it's still slower
the 7.3-liter, AMG-sourced V-12 makes 650 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque--without the use of forced induction. Even more remarkable, weight is kept down to 2706 pounds
vs.
3042 lb.
5.7-liter displacement
605 hp @ 8,000 rpm
435 lb-ft torque @ 5,750 rpm
Forget that i cocked up the Zonda F's hp figure. I'm confused. You originally said it had less power than the CGT?!

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:06 AM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Forget that i cocked up the Zonda F's hp figure. I'm confused. You originally said it had less power than the CGT?!
unfortunately, i did say that... since i hadnt done the research to find the figures myself, i just trusted Just_me 's interpolation in the first post/thread topic.

since you likely had the same info i had; you said the same thing i originally did

and when you posted, i realized how goofy it sounded...so i looked them both up.

no offence really
Old 09-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #22
Evil-ution
Regular User

^^^^^^
im glad i dont get my information from you, and take it as fact...

the Zonda F has 45 more BHP than the CGT, has 125 more lb.-ft. of torque then the CGT, has a larger displacement engine (for all the fan boys complaining about hp/liter of cars like the Z06) and has a carbon fiber monicoque chassis like the CGT, and the Zonda is over 300 lbs lighter... and should have the advantage

... however, its Porsche's experience that allows them to build a superior track car which is also used on the road quite compfortably.

the CCR's suspension is adjustable from the factory, however thier 800 hp car could only manage a 7:39; where they claimed they can set the production car record... but we have yet to see this. dont get me wrong, 7:39 is amazing, but Porsche is in a league of thier own at the NS.
thank god i don't take my information from u!! the Zonda is 45 bhp more then the CGT?? so the CGT is only 557 bhp?? ha? the CGT has officaly 605 bhp which means its 3 bhp more then the Zonda F ( the zonda f has 602 bhp and 650 for the club edition )

please.. don't talk about porsche as they are god of cars, ferdenand porsche first made the beetle then wanted to make a sport car out of it how brilliant!!

notice one thing.. the Hp\liter of the Zonda is 82.4 while the CGTs hp\liter is 106 which means the CGTs engine is much more compressed then the Zonda and if the Zonda's 7.3 engine was compressed like the CGTs engine it will reach 773 bhp.. and yes the Zonda is lighter its very light Pagani done a great job, a company that came out of no where no expereience first car to build and on top of that they done somthing very proper.. its even a mile better then the Murcielago while Lambo spent years and years making those famous bulls..
Old 09-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #23
Just_me
Regular User

EVO drove CGT vs Zonda F and they prefered the CGT.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:56 AM   #24
HoboPie
Regular User

Is Pagani actually distinguishing between the Zonda F and the F Clubsport? I had heard it was simply an options package. If so is it possible this is a Clubsport?
Old 09-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #25
Evil-ution
Regular User

the club sport edition has few changed things on the normal edition, like it has a full Titanium exhaust and some other simple stuff, which makes the car 650 bhp..

Evo magazine drove both cars, they did prefer the CGT but they couldn't deni that the Zonda is one hell of a car, they said who ever sees the cars parked he just looks at the porsche, then keeps staring at the Zonda.. the thing is Porsche isn't just a company that makes fast cars.. its much more then that so you can't just rubbish there car " and its totaly not rubbish " many ppl prefer the CGT on the Zonda F and i do know why.. but what am saying is, wait for more few years and lets see where do Pagani reach.. and how will they compete with other supercars..

lets not forget that the Zonda has the best sound between all supercars.. if not best then 2nd couse the SLR has a one hell of a sound too..

The 4G63 Al-Mighty Engine, Best Japanese Engine Ever Built
Old 09-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #26
crayzayjay
Regular User

I happen to think the CGT is the best sounding of the lot...

Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 AM   #27
Sr Mauro
Regular User

Pagani´s numbers are impressive. Zonda´s chassis and arquitecture is at least 4 or 5 years older than CGT, that´s a lot in supercars (look at F1)

What does torque got to do in a racetrack?

Give Pagani the 1/4 of Porsche´s budget for developing a supercar and you´ll have to give those germans a set of diapers...
Sr Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:36 PM   #28
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evil-ution
thank god i don't take my information from u!! the Zonda is 45 bhp more then the CGT?? so the CGT is only 557 bhp?? ha? the CGT has officaly 605 bhp which means its 3 bhp more then the Zonda F ( the zonda f has 602 bhp and 650 for the club edition )

please.. don't talk about porsche as they are god of cars, ferdenand porsche first made the beetle then wanted to make a sport car out of it how brilliant!!

notice one thing.. the Hp\liter of the Zonda is 82.4 while the CGTs hp\liter is 106 which means the CGTs engine is much more compressed then the Zonda and if the Zonda's 7.3 engine was compressed like the CGTs engine it will reach 773 bhp.. and yes the Zonda is lighter its very light Pagani done a great job, a company that came out of no where no expereience first car to build and on top of that they done somthing very proper.. its even a mile better then the Murcielago while Lambo spent years and years making those famous bulls..
hp/liter is about as gay as a volvo designed by women :roll:

the real question in my mind is was the Zonda F, or the Zonda F Clubsport that was timed on the Nordschlife??

and styling is a moot point as it comes to personal preferance. also... is it that impressive engine wise since its built/tuned by AMG??? even Koenigsegg has costom fabrication for thier ford racing sourced engine.

like styling, sound is a moot point, but i will give it to you that it does sound good in F-tune, whereas before, i didnt like the sound of the v12...
Old 09-29-2005, 12:34 PM   #29
Evil-ution
Regular User

hp/liter is about as gay as a volvo designed by women :roll:

the real question in my mind is was the Zonda F, or the Zonda F Clubsport that was timed on the Nordschlife??

and styling is a moot point as it comes to personal preferance. also... is it that impressive engine wise since its built/tuned by AMG??? even Koenigsegg has costom fabrication for thier ford racing sourced engine.

like styling, sound is a moot point, but i will give it to you that it does sound good in F-tune, whereas before, i didnt like the sound of the v12...
Hmm so ur not accepting the fact of Hp\liter.. the fact that the CGTs engine is much more compressed then the Zonda ha? its a strong point that u can't deni..

ok pagani "as i said before!!" isn't as big as prosche or ferrari, and building an engine from 0 is somthing not easy (though pagani had some profesional engineers from Lambo).. and who said they don't have there own stuff? the exhaust isn't a Merc exhaust, not even the ECU, nor the air intake or the wiring!!

u didn't like the sound of the V12? all paganis have V12 engine none come with a an inline 4 cylinder enigne.. beside the F sounds good couse the company whom made the exhaust "MHG" is a company that makes F1 exhaust systems..
Old 09-29-2005, 01:06 PM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

Hmm so ur not accepting the fact of Hp\liter.. the fact that the CGTs engine is much more compressed then the Zonda ha? its a strong point that u can't deni..
as i said; HP/Liter is a gay indicator of engine potential; if one wants to compare engines of similar power... it should be comparing weight, dimensions, rotational mass, durability/reliability, consumption/efficiancy.

eventually, i would hope that people stop with the whole hp/liter argument as it doesnt actually mean anything... its the engine as a whole that produces power... not just a section of it. its the other indicators that are important for design purposes... less angular momentum, less drivetrain loss, more reliability, better comfort in the cabin... better handling, more accelleration/stopping.

ok pagani "as i said before!!" isn't as big as prosche or ferrari, and building an engine from 0 is somthing not easy (though pagani had some profesional engineers from Lambo).. and who said they don't have there own stuff? the exhaust isn't a Merc exhaust, not even the ECU, nor the air intake or the wiring!!
the engine is built by AMG, which means several things, including its going to be reliable... and its going to be German (not that its a bad thing )

u didn't like the sound of the V12? all paganis have V12 engine none come with a an inline 4 cylinder enigne.. beside the F sounds good couse the company whom made the exhaust "MHG" is a company that makes F1 exhaust systems..
i said i like the Zonda F's exahust sound... but not as much as the CGT it imitates, and the Enzo's mad scream. any exhaust can be specifically tuned as its just a measure of pipe lenght/width. simple sound physics. i dont think i mentioned anything about a 4 cylinder engine?

i have tremendous respect for Pagani... and i would be lying if i said i wouldnt be excited to see it in person. its very fast; and there are no doubts about that. but... its not as good of a car compared with the porsche, but it is good.