Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: How long should the videos be kept up for?
half a day 0 0%
1 day 7 25.00%
one day and a half 6 21.43%
2 days 8 28.57%
3 days 5 17.86%
4 days 1 3.57%
a week 0 0%
forever 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2003, 05:24 PM   #16
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
LOL, some of us could have votes also for "just a couple of hours, I have no social life"
LOL, I didn't show that option, because it would include me, if only I didn't have a freakin' download limit
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:30 PM   #17
draak666
Regular User

A social life, Jabba, is where you drive your Lamborghini to the store, where there's a lot of people, to buy pizza. When you get out of the store you chase away the crowd that gathered 'round your car. That's when you decide you've had enough social life for one day and head back home.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:30 PM   #18
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Whats a social life ??
Not sure, but I already read about it on other forums... the discussion was usually held betwee members with 0 to 10 posts... strange...
Old 08-07-2003, 05:44 PM   #19
cho_888
Regular User

2 days, just in case you are out of town of somthing
cho_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 05:50 PM   #20
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888
2 days, just in case you are out of town of somthing
Like I will this weekend. I voted for 1 day but maybe two would be better. Not that it matters really, it's Jabba's choice. He pays for the bandwidth!
Like I said before, if I miss a video I really want, I'm sure someone here would be nice enough to send it to me.

Screw social lives, I get enough of it at work. I won't count my friends as a social life, they are pretty much me with different names.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #21
Anile8er
Regular User

i say 2 days just incase one day i have shit todo or i forget to come here(ha forget to come here, every hour on the hour )
********* w00t!*********

what what WHAT!! no no no FUCK U!!!!!

p.s. Whysukit when u can fuck it?
Anile8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #22
mendocino
Regular User

I think one day is fine, I sure if somebody miss some video, the whole community will sent without any problems. at least it will ensure new video every day, that's really a good thing.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #23
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
A social life, Jabba, is where you drive your Lamborghini to the store, where there's a lot of people, to buy pizza. When you get out of the store you chase away the crowd that gathered 'round your car. That's when you decide you've had enough social life for one day and head back home.
LAUGHING MY GOD DAMN ASS OFF.....You honestly wouldnt believe how much truth there is in that....I have had a girl jump in my 348 once while I was at the ATM before (not the pizza place yet) ...(I think she was stoned though)...friends and social lives can be very very complicated and extremely expensive if not handled correctly...as I have found out very much the hard way before...
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #24
Johns
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
LAUGHING MY GOD DAMN ASS OFF.....You honestly wouldnt believe how much truth there is in that....I have had a girl jump in my 348 once while I was at the ATM before (not the pizza place yet) ...(I think she was stoned though)...friends and social lives can be very very complicated and extremely expensive if not handled correctly...as I have found out very much the hard way before...
so did this girl hop on the cock after she jumped in the whip
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 06:11 PM   #25
Jabba
Regular User

as usual...I had to be somewhere else...so I dropped her off at a pretty shitty nightclub...and she seemed pretty chuffed to be ariving in quite a nice car at the time...then I carried on to where I had to take the money to....thinking to myself I had missed out on a great opportnity for a quick shag.... of course what I should have done was told her I would pick her up later...then get changed after I had finished my business then go back to get her...of course you think of all this after...as always... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 08-07-2003, 09:04 PM   #26
robruf
Regular User

I think that one day is plenty, as that is 24 hours. So if someone works 8 hours a day, and has a 2 hour commute to and from work, there is still plenty of time to download before and /or after work, by the way, one can leave their computer on all day long, if you have a new computer with energy saver plus, where it basically shuts down after you have not touched it for about 10 minutes or so (that is what mine is set at).
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 09:49 PM   #27
novass
Regular User

i picked a day and a half, but its up to Jabba really. its not a problem if i miss a vid, which i have missed the past couple. but i can usually manage to check in once or twice a day to dl them. i dont know much about this bandwidth stuff so i really dont know how all this works. either way im happy, so i leave the choice up to Jabba

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 04:13 AM   #28
Jabba
Regular User

It looks like its between 1-2 days...which is what I always try to aim for...I think a happy medium could be to leave the standard stuff up for 1 day...and the specials up for perhaps 2 days....
Old 08-08-2003, 05:32 AM   #29
sportVeloce
Regular User

I think that 1 day is good.

Jabba >> I hope the chick didnt literally jump into the 348... that paint and interior could be mighty costly with a chip/scratch/rip...

And as for social life -> I thought thats what Jabbas World was?? :roll:

Owning a Lancia is like being in love with a beautiful woman, who doesn’t care if you live or die
Old 08-08-2003, 05:43 AM   #30
1zippo1
Regular User

It looks like its between 1-2 days...which is what I always try to aim for...I think a happy medium could be to leave the standard stuff up for 1 day...and the specials up for perhaps 2 days....
I think this is the best solution. Leave the best stuff up for 2 days and the other shows 1 day. The best stuff as in the Clarckson video's, Top Gear & Fifth Gear. I think most will agree with me on my selection
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote