Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #346
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ the ref saw it on the video replay in the stadium.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:46 PM   #347
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well when Figo head butted whoever that was, because the reff didnt see it, he never got a card not did he get suspended.

Here however the reff didnt see it initialy and sent him off. Plus that fact that it was done so damn late is just odd. Cards should be taken right away, not 3 minutes after the foul commited.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:40 AM   #348
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ zidane just wanted to go out with a bang.
and everyone in the world will remember the 2006 world cup as 'the time when zidane lost the cup for france cause some italian called him a terrorist'
not for italy's 4th title and euro leading effort...
Old 07-10-2006, 03:17 AM   #349
Blip
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
^^^ zidane just wanted to go out with a bang.
and everyone in the world will remember the 2006 world cup as 'the time when zidane lost the cup for france cause some italian called him a terrorist'
not for italy's 4th title and euro leading effort...
so what exactly could the Italian player have to said to warrant such an insane reaction from Zidane ? Any news reports on this, interviews ?

He was always known to be a sensible, highly repected player. Very strange that was. I still can't believe he headbutted the guy in the chest, in a word cup final ! :roll:

Drive it like you stole it !
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:10 AM   #350
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
haha what a little pussy/

I love how he flicks his legs up when he's falling.....

fucking pussy
Nice to see you around Superman

But smartass, do you think you can stand up if you get a hit like that in the chest ??? :roll:

Don`t answer the question, I know you will make a dumb reply
Old 07-10-2006, 05:34 AM   #351
RAMMIUS
Regular User

^^^I hardly doubt ,
the length of the game showed that the teams were mighty close :bah: although spectacle was absent

Too bad for Zidane to end it like that and it`s not the first time he does it

http://www.eurosport.com/football/wo...to923248.shtml

an experienced player like him should let it go, but nobody could judge him for that.

The pressure, the stake all took their tribute
Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 AM   #352
cooperluke
Regular User

Congratulations for Italy!!!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:19 AM   #353
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Congratulations Italy

Grazie ragazzi. L'Italia, oggi come non mai, č UNA!

ITALY - 2006 World Cup Champion
leblanc2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #354
numerouno
Regular User

Italy had the best package: skill, motivation, hard work,.....and .... a little bit of luck (yes no denying that it's needed to win a big tournament when the teams are so close, but when you consider that they struck the ball three times against the post in the semi and the final, you can see that the best that could be said about their luck is that it was not Italy's strong element!), so they deservedely won the world cup!!!

FORZA ITALIA !

And now to all the moaning anti-Italian pussies: you can go fuck yourselves!!! :fuck: :fuck: :fuck:
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #355
Everlasting
Regular User

now that i'm nursing a hangover after celebrating all night i'll be reflecting my thought on the final!

well Marco Materazzi (the Nesta stand-in) was the man of the match, taking part in every major event in the match: conceding a questionable penalty, scoring a goal and of curse the incident with Zizou and also being one of the 5 penalty takers!

no one remembers the disqualified goal Luca Toni headed - looking at the replay it seems to have been legit
the french held the ball most of the game but Italy had the better chances

Italy are worthy of the cup they have beaten the germans which wore the best team in this tournament - they played an extra time period with the both germans and the french while france cruised over Portugal in their semi final game explaining why some of the italian were looking a bit tired but in the end but they kept their cool scoring all the 5 penalties!

Forza Azzurri
Forza Italia!!!!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #356
bmagni
Regular User

FORZA ITALIA !!

Italy totally deserved it, the penalty was a bad call and the second goal was a tough one, still they won.
I feel bad for Trezeguet, hes a really good player and plays at Juve so I like him, but well, its like when Baggio missed in 94...

Zidane losing his head was bad, I still can't understand it. But we all make mistakes, too bad he did it in the worst moment...

Originally Posted by Everlasting
no one remembers the disqualified goal Luca Toni headed - looking at the replay it seems to have been legit
the french held the ball most of the game but Italy had the better chances
yeah, the reason they cancelled it was because the guy before him, Grosso if I'm not wrong, tried to head the ball an was in offside, so he did participate.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #357
yg60m
Regular User

Italy totally deserved it, the penalty was a bad call
Italy - Australia anyone ?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM   #358
Fleischmann
Regular User

Well done Italy!! The teams that made it to the finals honestly surprised me, both France and Italy didn't look like possible candidates for the title during the group stages. The final was a very entertaining game though, it's a shame about what happened though, such brutal actions should never take place in football. I'm curious what exactly the italian player said to Zidane, the french midfielder isn't one that easily looses his temper. A dissapointing way to finish a admireable career

Congrats Italy
Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #359
TopGearNL
Regular User

Very dissapointed in Zidane, but the final word isn't spoken about this action!!

However Im not complaining, I had Italy as world champion all along in my toto from the office. Won some money too
Old 07-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #360
Stikz
Regular User

The first penalty was a little iffy, but Malouda was taken down by Zambrotta that should have been a penalty so it all evened out.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote