Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 06-07-2005, 12:56 PM   #361
vakpemil
Regular User

Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 AM   #362
stmoritzer
Regular User

4 pages of pics and comments in the "Paris Sighting" section since I left for vacation...

Simply amazing sights and well captured FuegoTurbo!
I envy you for the rare sights

Many pics saved

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:37 PM   #363
artypossum
Regular User

Fuego, I have always admired your posts, good qork man. I am going to Paris later this month; can you suggest some places to go car hunting?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #364
dodo
Regular User

good point artypossum!

i'm in paris in august. could you (FuegoTurbo ) make a detailed hotspot-plan for us...

exoticsonroad.com
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #365
TT
Regular User

Guys, it is easy. Just take the cityplan and find out where the Opera is. From the Place de l'Opera (easily reachable by metro) you go down Rue de la Paix toward Place Vendôme. You can find already something interesting between the Opera and Vendôme. up the big Place Vendôme there are good chances to find something, with the Ritz Hotel and so on. Once you are done, you keep going the direction you were following, you will soon reach a T junction. (an hotel before reaching it, on your right) You turn right, this is called Rue de Rivoli(actually to the left there should be another Hotel). Anyway, you turn right and walk untill the next square. this is the big Place de la concorde, hotel again, and lot of traffic -> many cars you are now at the beginning of the Chmaps Elysées, but the first part is a bit quiet and you will be tired already so you can take the metro toward the Arc du triomphe and get out at Franklon Roosevelt. You come back to the light and when facing the arc du triomphe (still far away), on your left you find Avenue Montaigne, full of boutiques, restaurants and hotels. walk down this road, this is mandatory. You walk untill you reach a pretty big junction and here you turn a tight right to enter Avenue George V, again mandatory you walk up this road untill you will come back to the Champs, and you just did a nice triangle. Now you keep walking toward the Arc du Triomphe, by paying attention to the traffic or parked cars. if you are really it you can also go under the Arc, come back exactly on the opposite side and go down Avenue de la Grande Armée, but you just did the most important part.
Basically last time I did that little tour at least twice a day

Do not forget the little side roads, always keep your eyes open
Old 06-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #366
TT
Regular User

Lat time I went there by plane, we spend around 70 € all in all: two persons back and forth with Easyjet of course that's quite cheap
Old 06-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #367
TT
Regular User

Yes I think I already suggested it some time ago. Paris is covered, Lausanne (small actually) and Geneva too. We could have London easily, Barcelona, and quite a few US cities.
Just not sure if a sticky topic in here would be a good idea.. maybe for a start yes.

I will try to work tomorrow in a better version of this quick Paris walktrhough (to be improved by Fuego later) and something for swiss cities.

I guess we need a quick walktrhough and a map when possible
Old 06-10-2005, 04:39 AM   #368
vakpemil
Regular User

Paris is a great city! Thnx for the few tips for a walktrough Paris Because I'am going to Paris within 3 weeks
Old 06-10-2005, 05:28 AM   #369
FuegoTurbo
Regular User

Thanx TT for your help to explain the way and you did no mistakes

You suggest a good idea dani and sure TT go to do something very good with my help for Paris if he wants
Just i have too say that i am living Paris! My parents move to Switzerland and i will continue my studies in the Alpes ... so now i will hunt in Valais but less in Paris ... maybe one time by month ... i don't still know ... abut i hope (and i want :p) to do some hunts with TT in Lausanne or Geneva

So, now, one of the last update from Paris! :cry:

a 250GTO (replica), 275GTS and F40 not a good place to shoot them and without tripod ...

my first MC12

Old 06-10-2005, 05:41 AM   #370
TT
Regular User

You did very well as I already told you, even with no tripod and I think the GT3 RS pics is stunning!

And yes, we will definitely go hunting for cars once you will be around here I hope you will be able to go back to Paris as often as possible, to keep showing us the cars roaming around up there
Old 06-10-2005, 05:48 AM   #371
FuegoTurbo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

And don't worry... you won't notice the difference between Paris and Lausanne/Geneve in terms of car sightings!
LOL it's right i won't be denatured between Lausanne/Geneve and Paris
Old 06-10-2005, 05:48 AM   #372
adamwich
Regular User

Thanks for the update - great pictures!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #373
vakpemil
Regular User

Thanks again!!! Love you Fuego
Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 AM   #374
FuegoTurbo
Regular User