Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-06-2005, 02:52 AM   #31
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
i hope fisi DIES, i hate his recent cookiness, and its funny how the he has 2 race wins and he can thank the rain for both of them.

had it not rained, and MS had a better qualy, you knows where he would of finished.

thank God for Chello, we'll see how long fisi can keep it up.
Had I been a better driver and qualified first maybe I would win, but that's not what happend. I'm not very sure that Schumi had won either way. He's driving today was very weak. BTW this must be the first time that rain hasn't helped "The Rainmaster".
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:58 AM   #32
Toronto
Regular User

now, now guys, he did say it started to rain at the end of is fast lap, and on his trip to the pits he said he almost spun out at low speeds, schumi had to set a fast lap in worse weather, just goes to show you who has real skill
Old 03-06-2005, 03:01 AM   #33
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i hope fisi DIES, i hate his recent cookiness, and its funny how the he has 2 race wins and he can thank the rain for both of them.

had it not rained, and MS had a better qualy, you knows where he would of finished.

thank God for Chello, we'll see how long fisi can keep it up.
Barrichello was closing in on him, but i really don't think you can blame the rain on his win. His pole yes, but not his win. He set a trio of fast laps early in the race and drove extremely well. Had Alonso not come in 3rd, i would have been second guessing Renaults threat to the Ferrari throne. This might be the fear the Tifosi had at the beginning of last year.

My amazement is more at DC who had a beautiful start to snatch 3rd and end up finishing 4th. He'll be the one to see if it was a fluke or not. Red Bull it's self was a sight to behold today. It was 1957 i think that a debut team had both cars take away points on it's maiden race day. Red Bull's intensity was quite surprising and i would like to see if they can stay near the front of the grid all year.

But i think Fisi will be able to keep the pressure on for the championship. Thisis going to be an exciting year :multi:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:28 AM   #34
ZfrkS62
Regular User

but this qualy has got to change, would love to know whos idea it was
i think this all started after the Japan saturday qulay got rianed out so they bumped qualifying to the day of the race. it seemed to work well at the time so they stuck with it.

well the qualifying was the start of it and well with the launch of the Renaults and with no real threat behind him it was a easy win.
They still had to get through pitstops. and having Barrichello charging ehind you is not going to be something you just brush off. Fisi earned this victory IMO. I'm not a fan of him but i can appreciate a hard earned victory. Especially with ahving to lap traffic

my disappointments lie with Honda and Toyota. Neither of the Japanese tems could manage a damn thing today, which is a real shame given Buttons season last year and Toyota's big ass budget. Trulli really did seems to lose interest in the race and i don't know what the hell happened to Ralf. Sato wasn't a threat to anything either, thos kudos to him for keeping his engine in tact And i honestly don't know what to think of the wreck between Klein and Schumi unfortunate to say the least.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 04:00 AM   #35
dingo
Regular User

Webber came 5th.....thats the most important thing out of this race It wasn't a particularly exciting race IMO, but good to see some different faces in the points
I really don't like the new engine rules, its stupid seeing guys pulling into the pits to have a DNF so they can use a new engine in the next race.....stupid!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 04:40 AM   #36
Ghostbat
Regular User

ahh and the best of all MS will have a new engine for the next race, with NO penalty WEEEE. itll be interesting to see if and how many engine failures there will be
Naturally that is an advantage but reliability isn't much of a problem for ferrari anyway..My guess is that it's more of a disadvantage for the other teams to drive with the same engine than it's an advantage for Ferrari to get a new. Hope you understand what I mean..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:34 AM   #37
mike_sayer
Regular User

I say congrats to DC after a solid drive to answer his critics, and his move on Webber at the start was the best overtake we've seen in F1 in a long time - ballsy, skillful and damn well executed. Very disappointed in BAR, they look like they're gonna have some issues this season.

I'm not sure why people aren't recognising Fisi's fine win - ok sure qualifying was messed up by the weather, but he still drove an excellent race where he didn't make a single mistake and pulled out schumi-style fast laps when he needed to. Kimi and JPM were an embarassment to Mclaren, i think they had more pace than they showed but Kimi kept making stupid mistakes at crucial points. Ice man? I don't think so...

Oh yeah, and Schumi's crash was most definately his fault, he squeezed Heidfeld way too much, but hey that's him - an exceptionally dirty driver who'd rather retire than get overtaken.

mike_sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:42 AM   #38
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by mike_sayer
I say congrats to DC after a solid drive to answer his critics, and his move on Webber at the start was the best overtake we've seen in F1 in a long time - ballsy, skillful and damn well executed. Very disappointed in BAR, they look like they're gonna have some issues this season.

I'm not sure why people aren't recognising Fisi's fine win - ok sure qualifying was messed up by the weather, but he still drove an excellent race where he didn't make a single mistake and pulled out schumi-style fast laps when he needed to. Kimi and JPM were an embarassment to Mclaren, i think they had more pace than they showed but Kimi kept making stupid mistakes at crucial points. Ice man? I don't think so...

Oh yeah, and Schumi's crash was most definately his fault, he squeezed Heidfeld way too much, but hey that's him - an exceptionally dirty driver who'd rather retire than get overtaken.

I think its a bit early to make that assumption about BAR

I agree about Fisi, he did what was needed.....alot of people have started on pole and not won the race so you can't say he only won because of 'luck' in qualifying

and I have to say your comment about MS is crap........if that was the case I doubt he would be a 7-time world champ :roll:
Old 03-06-2005, 07:59 AM   #39
mike_sayer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22

I agree about Fisi, he did what was needed.....alot of people have started on pole and not won the race so you can't say he only won because of 'luck' in qualifying

and I have to say your comment about MS is crap........if that was the case I doubt he would be a 7-time world champ :roll:
Yeah you're prob right about BAR, let's hope they can pull something out.

But i still think that was typical Schumacher, he knew he was going to finish at the bottom end of the points, he knew if he retired he could change his engine, so he didn't give a crap. And one of the reasons he's a 7-time world champ is cos of his dirty driving...remember his little "incident" with Damon Hill at Adelaide in 1994?

Old 03-06-2005, 11:36 AM   #40
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by mike_sayer
Originally Posted by dingo22

Yeah you're prob right about BAR, let's hope they can pull something out.

But i still think that was typical Schumacher, he knew he was going to finish at the bottom end of the points, he knew if he retired he could change his engine, so he didn't give a crap. And one of the reasons he's a 7-time world champ is cos of his dirty driving...remember his little "incident" with Damon Hill at Adelaide in 1994?
I totally agree with you mike (the fact that we both agree'd as we were watching it who's fault it was is irrelevant )

Schumacer tried to close the door too late, as he didnt realise hiedfeld was gunna make a pass, heidfield was already at the limit of decelleration, and schumi squeezed him onto the grass, turning him into a very expensive bob sled/battering ram.
How else can you explain it dingo?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #41
|Nuno|
Regular User

I don't think it was anyone's fault. Shit happens.

What I don't understand is that when it happens with Michael or Ferrari people always make a big fuss about it. Get over it.

And one of the reasons he's a 7-time world champ is cos of his dirty driving...remember his little "incident" with Damon Hill at Adelaide in 1994?
Which was 11 years ago. Again, get over it.

And his dirty driving is one of the reasons why he's a 7-time World Champion?? Riiiight.

Oh, wait... Michael did soo many "dirty-drivings" in 2004, 2003, 2002, etc... :roll:

As for the Race, it was interesting, and could be even more if it weren't for those stupid regulations...

Red-Bull was indeed a big surprise. :shock:

And I was expecting more from B.A.R. and Sauber (Villeneuve was a joke)...

Already looking foward for Sepang.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:03 PM   #42
saadie
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
And I was expecting more from B.A.R. and Sauber (Villeneuve was a joke)...

Already looking foward for Sepang.
you are so fucking right ....... villeneuve and button really did it this time ...
i hope sephang is not as pathetic as this :roll:
Old 03-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #43
c_theodoros
Regular User

Congrats to the Renault guys, for a job well done !!! 8)

RedBull team and D.C. performed exceptionally well to everyone's surprise 8)

Anywayzzz, regarding the BMW team, they did perform O.K. but they had the chance to do better

Reagrding the insident between Nick Heidfeld and M.S. i believe M.S. did not leave enough space to Nick to avoid hitting him...

and...

c_theodoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #44
SafirXP
Regular User

its a shame that we can't see those pit crews working like before... no tyre changes! i agree to all the regulation changes but this one is a bit too much!!!
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #45
mike_sayer
Regular User

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
I don't think it was anyone's fault. Shit happens.

What I don't understand is that when it happens with Michael or Ferrari people always make a big fuss about it. Get over it.

And one of the reasons he's a 7-time world champ is cos of his dirty driving...remember his little "incident" with Damon Hill at Adelaide in 1994?
Which was 11 years ago. Again, get over it.

And his dirty driving is one of the reasons why he's a 7-time World Champion?? Riiiight.
I'll get over it when he stops doing it.

People make a fuss about it when anything happens to him because we're so used to seeing him win all the time, it's a refreshing change when he doesn't.