Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #31
takata
Regular User

Atheist

takata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #32
cooperluke
Regular User

I don't believe in God. Most of Europe is catholic, and believe in Bible. But I have one question. Adam and Eva had two son. One of them is killed. How the other one had child? There were no women. So, the Bible is lurch for me here
Quite simple... Adam and Eve where the first two humans, but you don't read anywhere in the Bible that they were the only ones to be created by God.
So, let's imagine that in the beginning, God created Adam and Eve, and after them created another couple.

Quite simple, isn't it?

Carlos Bruno

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #33
cooperluke
Regular User

Oh, and I am Baptist.

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:32 PM   #34
Toronto
Regular User

Jewish
Old 01-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #35
ZfrkS62
Regular User

its interesting to see how many people were baptised catholic. i think i was too, but seeing as how i don't remember it, it doesn't really mean much. I mean, what's the point of doing something like this to a 2 year old? it's not like they know what you're doig. to them, you're just trying to drown them but seriously, i think it's a little asenine to baptise someone into a religion when that person doesn't have any comprehension as to what is going on.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #36
abbor
Regular User

I'm officially a protestant, but I don't believe in God...

The only time I go to church is at christmas time..
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #37
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
I believe that God (or gods depending on religion) is (are) not a being or person but a state of mind. If you need a religion to help you get through life then thats fine by me..... I don't believe in any of them though
Thats what I would say

I my self an Atheist, but my family is Ukrainian Orthodox, my dad is atheist, but my mother and my sister kind of believe in a higher being, but no one is really religious.

And to add to it all I was baptised catholic lol.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #38
blinkmeat
Regular User

I'm afraid to say Agnostic for fear of being wrong. That would suck. But I guess I'm more of a humanist. Clearly something created all this, but who's to say what "that" (gods) really is. Perhaps "god" isn't the right word, is it. "God" Seems to cause the most problems in human history.
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #39
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
I'm afraid to say Agnostic for fear of being wrong. That would suck. But I guess I'm more of a humanist. Clearly something created all this, but who's to say what "that" (gods) really is. Perhaps "god" isn't the right word, is it. "God" Seems to cause the most problems in human history.
To me God is the Big Bang.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:08 PM   #40
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
its interesting to see how many people were baptised catholic. i think i was too, but seeing as how i don't remember it, it doesn't really mean much. I mean, what's the point of doing something like this to a 2 year old? it's not like they know what you're doig. to them, you're just trying to drown them but seriously, i think it's a little asenine to baptise someone into a religion when that person doesn't have any comprehension as to what is going on.
Thats what confirmation is for.

But for me, they way Ukrainians do it....there is no confirmation, so technicaly Im Orthodox for life.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #41
blinkmeat
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
So "god" did that, or was it just a random event? As in no god...
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #42
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by cooperluke
I don't believe in God. Most of Europe is catholic, and believe in Bible. But I have one question. Adam and Eva had two son. One of them is killed. How the other one had child? There were no women. So, the Bible is lurch for me here
Quite simple... Adam and Eve where the first two humans, but you don't read anywhere in the Bible that they were the only ones to be created by God.
So, let's imagine that in the beginning, God created Adam and Eve, and after them created another couple.

Quite simple, isn't it?

Carlos Bruno
D00de that story goes out the window. So Adam and Eve have children. And what the children have sex with each other?

You do know that two of the same blood, or close relatives cannot have children. A child will be born either retarted, or physicaly messed up....ie no ears, one leg...three lungs....

Just like rabbits...if you mate the mother rabbit with her son their baby rabbits will never be born normal.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #43
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
So "god" did that, or was it just a random event? As in no god...
Random event.

God couldnt do it. Who create God, and the thing that created God. And the thing that created the thing that created the thing that creadit the thing that created the thing before it.

I believe that people do need religion. Its in us, we need a higher Thing in life. But its all illusionary. I dont beleive in no God. Or most religions for that matter. But I respect people that are religious, I understand them. I went through a period in my life were I was questioning my faith a lot and came to the conclusion that what Im being taught about God just does not make any sense and is impossible.

I believe that people should live a good life, they should not kill, or steal, or lie, many things that basicly all religions promote. But I dont believe in the things that most religions teach...

I dont believe that I should pray 5 times a day. I dont believe that I should keep my penis in pants at all times.

I think that we should enjoy life to the fullest while not killing or stealing. If fucking all day makes you happy, go ahead, just dont hurt anyone in the proccess.

YOu see what Im saying?

And if I was going to pick a religion to follow, I would go with Buddhism. I think it makes the most sense out of all, actually I think its great.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #44
gottacatchup
Regular User

Atheist, although since the entire rest of my family are devout episcopalians i have to go to church every sunday
Old 01-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #45
e46drew
Regular User

I'll sit on some of my thoughts and get back later
kinda dissapointed with most of your answers
www.facebook.com/AndyIrelandAgency
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote