Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 07-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #31
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by yellky
Originally Posted by Bizi Jones
Lewis getting past Kubica was impressive 8)
ehh, keep in mind that Ham is driving SLR and Kub 650i
i'd love to see 'em both driving Ferraris in that fight.. :roll:
If you also put into consideration Asslonso's trouble getting past NH, his pass on the outlap is very impressive.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #32
bmagni
Regular User

Great race! very interesting, kept me pretty awake.
First great start by kimi, passing Hamil-Ton
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #33
5vz-fe
Regular User

I can't wait to see him talking trash to the press LOL

oh wait, he already did:

"Yes, without a doubt.
Hamilton, who is leading, finished third. He has finished all eight
races on the podium, but when he has gearbox problems or is hindered by the safety car, that will be the day when I gain the most points on him."
Old 07-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #34
zondamaniac
Regular User

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...02132840.shtml
We flattered them this weekend," said Dennis. "They did a good job, and probably improved the car a little bit. But we made them look a lot better than they were. Hopefully, we will demonstrate that at Silverstone."
no wonder Alonso join mclaren...when ferrari lose, no one say something like this.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:46 PM   #35
blue8
Regular User

^ Pathetic excuse by Ron Dennis, probably the worst I heard this season.

Dennis tries to comfort Al0nso

"Both drivers put in solid performances, and particularly Fernando, who for me was the man of the race with his various battles against Heidfeld and Fisichella," eulogised Dennis.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #36
5vz-fe
Regular User

Ron Dennis has put out so much BS over the years that I don't even pay attention to what he said any more
Old 07-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #37
5vz-fe
Regular User

Let us welcome L1's biggest Moaner!!

"I think that, yes, they will prefer that (Hamilton winning) and I don't think there will be any argument," he told The Sun.

"We will be in England and we have a Spanish driver and an English driver and the Englishman is leading the Championship.

"So if he wins, it will help the team more."

The Spaniard, though, is hoping that after the British GP is over, the team-mate battle at McLaren will return to a level playing field and that McLaren will be rooting for him to win races.

"The team wanted me to win in Barcelona and they will want Hamilton to win at Silverstone," he concluded. "I hope things will get back to being how they were in Barcelona."
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...463840,00.html
Old 07-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #38
Mattk
Regular User

The Spaniard, though, is hoping that after the British GP is over, the team-mate battle at McLaren will return to a level playing field and that McLaren will be rooting for him to win races.
It isn't a level playing field - Hamilton is clearly better!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #39
Mattk
Regular User

Yeah, this was a confidence-booster for Ferrari. McLaren have been discernibly quicker all season and Lewis Hamilton has been driving with freakish consistency and was on a roll with two consecutive wins. A nice one-two and a poor result for Fernando Alonso means McLaren's momentum has been dented, and Ferrari are right back in the competition.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #40
saadie
Regular User

you have literally turned gay because of a|onso ...

leave him alone ... we all hate him already ...
i cant even imgine how you cant stop bickering about him ... .
dont you have better thing sto do
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 AM   #41
Mattk
Regular User

^Never too late to start - at 75!

The media tend to be quite timid when bashing people in the press, unless those people are right-wing politicians. Alonso may be a dual world champion, and the last person to win one, but he's not as tough or as good as he thinks.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #42
blue8
Regular User

Massa -- Kimi was just lucky

"Everything worked perfectly that afternoon, except that at the key moment in the race I was not very lucky and last Sunday Kimi had all the lucky points in his hands," wrote Massa in his official blog.

"That's the way it goes sometimes.

"In qualifying he gained an extra lap being the first man out, then at the start of the race he was lucky to pass (Lewis) Hamilton and then he was lucky I got stuck in traffic.

"That is why I could not win the race, but apart from that I was quickest all weekend, taking pole position and the fastest lap in the race."

"I cannot say I am unhappy to end up second, having been in the lead for much of the race," he said.

"In fact I am happy to have contributed to a Ferrari one-two, the first time I have done this with Kimi.

"But, I am just a little bit disappointed that I was not the one in front at the end of the race.

"Unfortunately, luck was not on my side, but I am still happy that we got a great result as a team.

"We need to be happy and focus on getting many more good results like this in the rest of the season."
Rumor:
F1's traditional 'silly season' has taken a bizarre twist.

After championship leader Lewis Hamilton recently spent some time with the American rapper Sean Combs - otherwise known as Diddy, Puff Daddy or P.Diddy - a rumour has emerged that the Formula One paddock could soon have a new team owner.

At an event for the launch of a Diddy perfume - 'Unforgivable' - Combs announced that he is thinking seriously about joining the circus by buying a team.

However, it is no surprise to learn that - at the night-time occasion in central London - more than (US) $200,000 alone was spent on champagne.

Hamilton meanwhile, attended the event as a guest of the English pop star Natasha Bedingfield and another rapper, Pharrell Williams.

Both Diddy and Williams have attended F1 races in the past.
Al0nso's letter must be true then. Lewis may actually be a gangsta rapper!

Seriously though, I think they should leave celebrities out of F1. I don't want chromed 17" rims on those cars!!!

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #43
zondamaniac
Regular User

Massa, another alonso in the making...i hope Kimi beat him for the rest of the season.