Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 08-31-2004, 12:45 AM   #31
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
907 a 6litre 500hp Peugeot
Wonderful job Renault!
Jeez are you way of or what? Lousiana's not famous for its knowledge of foreign car companys, but...jeez...

It's like saying

Great job Honda!
What the fuck was i thinking? Camry? Great?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:47 AM   #32
nurbrun
Regular User

its like a spyker and a SLR collided with each other made a beautiful car!
Old 08-31-2004, 03:58 AM   #33
noosee
Regular User

Looks even worce than SLR to me. It will not go to production anyway.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 04:32 AM   #34
stradale
Regular User

If Peugeot decides to build this, I'm not taking them seriously anymore. What an awful looking car! I could sum up the parts that don't look right, but in this case I wouldn't know where to begin. From front to rear it's a complete and utter disaster. Allright, I'll name one thing: the wheels really made me barf. The designer responsible for this should be sacked immediately!!! :x

I'm going to try to erase this car from my memories and think happy thoughts: RC and Oxia...

Old 08-31-2004, 08:05 AM   #35
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ford Capri 2.8i
See what happens, although im not confident that pug is going to launch a coupe like this, for me its like launching a 5 meter pug in order to compete with the mercedes M class, the BMW 5 series and the Audi A8

It would be surprising if they launched a V12 diesel...anyway ian_yamaue, has peugeot stated if the car is going to be a rear wheel drive car or a 4 wheel drive car?....i will be a surprise for me if they launch a rear wheel drive car.....

Finally....i think that the shape of it is very beautiful, although it remains a lot the future 407 coupe which i didnt fancy too much when i saw the pics of it
RWD
18inc wheels, tires 275/40 front 345/35 rear.
HxWxL are 1,21x1,88x4,35m
Old 08-31-2004, 08:15 AM   #36
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Very nice work from Peugeot. It does remind me of SLR, but the concept of having V12 engine in the front makes that. The hood is looong. Is the engine really Peugeot's own?
At least according to my readings yes, they made a fusion of two of their V6 3litre, If somebody that understand portuguese wants I post the link.
http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/supercar2/907.htm
Old 08-31-2004, 09:22 AM   #37
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
If Peugeot decides to build this, I'm not taking them seriously anymore. What an awful looking car! I could sum up the parts that don't look right, but in this case I wouldn't know where to begin. From front to rear it's a complete and utter disaster. Allright, I'll name one thing: the wheels really made me barf. The designer responsible for this should be sacked immediately!!! :x

I'm going to try to erase this car from my memories and think happy thoughts: RC and Oxia...

You're true !! RC and Oxia were much more beautifull but they don't have the balls to put them in production And when they organize a RC challenge they put a Diester engine in it :roll: ( for memories, Diester is a sort of Diesel coming from Colza ...)
yg60m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:50 AM   #38
HeilSvenska
Regular User

The RC twins do look much better than the 907. But even as concepts i thought the cars needed more power.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:21 AM   #39
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
You're true !! RC and Oxia were much more beautifull but they don't have the balls to put them in production And when they organize a RC challenge they put a Diester engine in it :roll: ( for memories, Diester is a sort of Diesel coming from Colza ...)
Until you just mentioned it here and I looked it up on the internet, I didn't even know there was a cup in Frnace with these cars! Sorry to hear they've fitted them with diesel engines, though. Is it another unit than the one in one of the original RC concept cars? What/who is Colza BTW?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:13 PM   #40
hiroshima
Regular User

According to the website that Ian_yamaue mentioned, Peugeot's designers tried to remember the RC concept cars in their 907. I can't see anything common, the RC is really a good looking car. According to the same website, the " more classic lines " of the 907 are quite similar to some old Ferraris and other european cars. ( could the SLR be included in this list? I sure think it could! )

About other specs of the car, and still according to the site mentioned, the V12 motor is basically 2 V6 3.0 motors put together, the car is RWD, it has a 6 speed manual gearbox and its weight is about 1400kg.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:24 PM   #41
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
The RC twins do look much better than the 907.
Yes, for me the RC Diamonds rear reminds the F355's
But even as concepts i thought the cars needed more power.
I agree, they should make it a 2 seater and put a bigger engine instead.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:50 PM   #42
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by yg60m
Until you just mentioned it here and I looked it up on the internet, I didn't even know there was a cup in Frnace with these cars! Sorry to hear they've fitted them with diesel engines, though. Is it another unit than the one in one of the original RC concept cars? What/who is Colza BTW?
They are fitted with a 2.2 HDi engine which developps 178 bhp/ 380 Nm of torque. The Diester is a melting with (in this case but it can change) 50% of diesel and 50 % of diester which comes from colza ( colza like colza oil/ rape / rapeseed oil i don't know what word using... ). There was a test of it in Turbo last week, the driver was surprised to have to change gear at 4000 rpm !!!
yg60m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:29 PM   #43
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

firstly...thanks ian_manue for answering me the question and for being sympathetic....secondly...Peugeot has launched very beautiful concept cars from 1985 approximately such as the pug oxia, and the quasar as well for example
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:23 PM   #44
noliebro
Regular User

it does look just like an SLR from that angle, its not bad for a peugeot though

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 11:59 PM   #45
oantob
Regular User

I never thought peugeot would make a super car like this? but those rims should go and changed to a bigger sized, 19" perhaps...