Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-01-2003, 01:00 AM   #31
crazidude
Regular User

lol i downloaded it
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 01:16 AM   #32
crazidude
Regular User

if you want it i can send it to you
Old 07-01-2003, 02:48 AM   #33
noosee
Regular User

Thanks KH ! Downloading it now.
It will take something like 24 hrs for me to get it
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 AM   #34
Jabba
Regular User

I just thought I would add my part...heres an even easier way to burn a bin without a cue file...get hold of a copy of Disc Juggler (I am still using version 3.50) then select cdr image to cd...then select ALL FILES this will allow you to select the bin file...then hit start....it works every time for VCD/PC/DC/PS2 bins....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:05 AM   #35
crazidude
Regular User

hrm..
DiscJuggler seems like a good program to add to my collection
Old 07-01-2003, 04:12 AM   #36
Anonymous

I used to use it but nero dont get along well with other programs that use the mapi driver (nero changes the windows one to there own) plus Ive got a new hi speed burner that only works right if the oem software is installed, it came bundled with nero.
I just find its much easier to use Win ISO since I have it anyway and it can do all sorts of operations to any type of CD there is and its small 1mb size does matter I HATE BULKWARE like windows XP LOL

I cant wait for my copy of XP Lite it should be ready soon... For info check http://www.litepc.com/xplite.shtml
Old 07-01-2003, 04:18 AM   #37
crazidude
Regular User

whoa XPlite sounds useful if it does what i think it does

the faq part for the XPlite is funny
Old 07-01-2003, 04:31 AM   #38
Anonymous

Originally Posted by crazidude
whoa XPlite sounds useful if it does what i think it does

the faq part for the XPlite is funny
If you went there you probably have the general idea, it basicly lets you do dam near anything to windows. I have 98Lite Pro and it makes a dramatic difference in 98se, its much smaller install went from almost 700mb full instal to just under 100mb big savings right there. The best thing is ripping all the unessesary shit out is it was much more stable and alot faster.... doing everything!! So you can see why I'm excited about them being close to releasing XP Lite... I was supposed to be on the beta crew but I lost my inet connection when they sent the notices to the aproved members and never knew until it was too late.... Oh well no biggie..... I did it on 98Lite that was enough.... fuckin had to re-install win98 bout 600 times helping them figgure some bugs out LOL
Old 07-01-2003, 10:56 AM   #39
Ziploc
Regular User

Oh ya, don't try to convert the .bin to a .iso and burn it... you need to "extract" the .bin or.iso first, otherwise your burning program will burn a little "hubcap" .iso on to your CD and windows doesnt know wtf to do with a hubcap!!! (i call the icon for .iso's a hubcap because it looks like a old moonie hubcap from the 50's LOL) Just extract all files from the .bin to a folder and hi lite the folder in your burning program so the individual files and folders show up in the selection window.... then the cd will auto start and work correctly.
silly when you have the .ISO just to go NERO and choose burn CD image then choose the ISO file

if you ask me LFS is a far better solution to race online no music version 19~ meg is cheap to download and everyone ca play it wheels mice and keyboards supported

did i mention its online? :roll:

http://lfs.racesimcentral.com/content/demo.htm

BTW 25% of the game comes out next week sor the people who payed so this is the 'full' 3 car version till then
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 PM   #40
Anonymous

Live For Speed..... Gaws I tried that about 5 months ago and it was the worst POS I ever played.....

Also, I think you need to re-read my post to fully comprehend what I said..... I did not have a .iso I had a .bin
Old 07-01-2003, 04:07 PM   #41
crazidude
Regular User

hrm i don't think games that are less than 100mbs are good
but i could be horribly wrong
ill try that out later
Old 07-01-2003, 05:15 PM   #42
Ziploc
Regular User

Originally Posted by Krazy Hawaiian
Live For Speed..... Gaws I tried that about 5 months ago and it was the worst POS I ever played.....
why? how come i think its a great game
Old 07-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #43
Anonymous

They may have changed it since I tried it.... not sure all I know is it was very erratic not smooth running at all, which for a small sized game would indicate something isn't right... It also crashed occasionly and I got tired of it and removing it took out some of windows required files and basicly screwed my comp up so I had to reinstall windows. Thats something that should never happen.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:42 PM   #44
Ziploc
Regular User

ouch

well the LFS i have runs well

has a good online code

real deformable tires ie the tires go flat under load

custom colors

and THE most realistic physics and driving expeirience ive ever had
Old 07-01-2003, 06:43 PM   #45
XyKo
Regular User

Just want to let everyone know that, you guys should get the damn LOGITECH MOMO WHEEL! It's so great and cheap for a price of $60 ship. You can get it that cheap and ship on ebay. I got mine around that price and it's the best steering wheel I've ever use. I have to love the leather wrap wheel. Right now, I've realize why people are driving so good in F1, online because they all have the wheel.
XyKo is offline   Reply With Quote