Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #31
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by MidEngine4Life View Post
1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Int (auto) 11.4
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais Quad 442 7.7
1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais Int. HO Quad 4 7.5
1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Conv. 8.5

2006 Scion TC Sport Coupe 6.9 (R&T Jan '06)

lol sorry i said i was finished, but like I said i didnt buy it for speed. I could have bought a V12 BMW 8 series for less as well or one of many other cars that are faster and cost less

Anyway I cant wait to see the official photos of this "Genesis"
Since this thread, I started receiving R&T myself. I ran accross the testing summaries and noticed that the TC that ran 0-60 in 6.9 was the 200 hp supercharged TRD model. Does this describe your car? Somehow yours looks to have the standard 161hp/162lb-ft drivetrain.

So to clarify, the top of the line supercharged performance edition TC competes with the secretary variety Mustang (atleast in a straight line.)

Sport Compact Car enthusiastically tested the normal TC as going from 0-60 in 7.8

It seems that my initial Oldsmobile comparison was appropriate after all.

One last update, the 3.8 litre engines in '88 had 166 hp and 210 lb-ft of torque. This would be good for run of under 8 seconds given that the comparable Olds with the less capable 3.3 litre (contrary to what I said earlier, the 3.3 does actually have less hp and torque than the 1988 3.8) managed an 8 flat.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:49 PM   #32
TopGearNL
Regular User

Quite like it except from that weird looking side-window. Sadly the European importers have announced that they will not import it into Europe since they don't think there will be that many customers over here. So if you want one in Europe you will have to use the backchannel, and that will cost a fortune..