Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-21-2004, 10:49 AM   #31
abbor
Regular User

and also Mafia a PC game, same concept as GTA but it is dated back in the 60's I think
hmm, do you really think they drove around in those cars in the 60's? It's from the 30's of course... With the alcohol-law and mafia and all that stuff
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:52 AM   #32
N.J.
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
This...

With a hoard of exotic cars, amazing tracks, and a reallu fun muiltiplayer. Nothing like flying down the 'ring in a Zonda S
How realistic is it though?

I hear a lot of people say its a bit simplified and that the ring is only particially realistic (lanes made wider, tracks too smooth etc. etc.)

p.s

At first, it sounded unreal - I had to get it, but a few people have persuaded me otherwise...

Any thoughts people?
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:58 AM   #33
gis
Regular User

PGR2 is a good game and it is fun,but when it comes to driving realisticlly it is no way as good as the GT series.but as its been said it isnt meant to be liek GT series.IMO the track of the nurburgring is good but not as difficult as it should be,on the game u can keep full throttle for quite sum time,not as it would be in real life.its gonna be good to see how challenging they make it on GT4

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:05 AM   #34
N.J.
Regular User

He's right! - WOW!...

[i]"Toward the end of our meeting Yamauchi revealed the names of three previously unannounced courses that will be appearing in GT4, namely the streets of Hong Kong, the Costa di Amalfi tarmac rally track in Italy, and Germany's famous 13-mile-long Nurburgring. All of the circuits in the game have been painstakingly re-created to the extent that every single point in the environment is accurate to within 15mm--around two-thirds of an inch. To drive this point home Yamauchi told us that Nissan's top test driver, who happens to be a huge Gran Turismo fan, was asked to drive one of the Nissan Skylines in the game around the Nurburgring and compare his Gran Turismo time to his real-life time. The driver was able to complete both in times of a little over eight minutes, and the two times ended up being within just five seconds of each other.[/i]"

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/....html?page=212
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/....html?page=211
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/....html?page=205

p.s

Forget Project Gotham 2 , I'm getting a PlayStation2 & Gran Turismo 4!!!
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:14 AM   #35
Fleischmann
Regular User

hmmmm...I'm an FPP guy...so it would probly have to be one of the 'Hitman 47' games or 'Medal of Honor'. Epic games
Old 05-21-2004, 11:33 AM   #36
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by N.J.
Originally Posted by 5.7 V10
This...

With a hoard of exotic cars, amazing tracks, and a reallu fun muiltiplayer. Nothing like flying down the 'ring in a Zonda S
How realistic is it though?

I hear a lot of people say its a bit simplified and that the ring is only particially realistic (lanes made wider, tracks too smooth etc. etc.)

p.s

At first, it sounded unreal - I had to get it, but a few people have persuaded me otherwise...

Any thoughts people?
I think it's realistic. Goo enough for me. I love love driving supercars. on it. Cars like the Mini Cooper are horrible, it takes like 10 minutes. lol
5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:35 AM   #37
jorge
Regular User

Gran Turismo 3, in my opinion the best game of cars ever.
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:58 PM   #38
ARMAN
Regular User

Didnt tryed much games, but NFS series is what I love(curently NFS6 HP2 multiplayer)

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote