Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #481
RC45
Regular User

TRD-SUPRA - your signature really needs to be adjusted.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #482
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by capore
I'm very keen on Top Gear and you should know that Jeremy Clarksson thinks that Americans don't know how to build a good car. I listened him saying that thruth in a July programme, when one of the actors from the original film of Starsky and Hutch went invited (the blond one, the one who drove the big Ford Torino).
Moreover you should also know that the stig was dead in an accident, concretely testing the max. speed of a mustang in a transatlantic. So the times you are showing us haven't been taken by the same stig. I mean that it hasn't been the same driver the one who proved the Mercedes SLR than the one who did it with the vette .
HOLY CRAP!

the brunette drove the Torino to start.
The Stig didn't die on that stunt with a VOLVO not Mustang it was a ploy, watch the video you can see the air canon launch the car off the boat, and how did his glove fall off? (unless I missed something)
The SLR was driven by the white Stig just like the Corvette every car on this last series was by the same version of the Stig.
And Americans can build good cars.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #483
RC45
Regular User

Well - well - well... here is a quote from a post of a Z06 driver in Germany.

Seems the truth is out there. You just have to find it.

Also take note of the C6 test results discussed from a German magazine.

Originally Posted by AutobahnZ06GT
Because the next Z06 will be a "World Class Contender" I can tell you that living in Germany there is more to 1/4 mile and stop light to stop light, we have autobahn wars and last week I ate a 911 Turbo and a Lambo on the autobahn, I caught the turbo and passed him and the Lambo (Diablo) he stayed behind me as I was able to out accelerate him to 185 until my rev limiter kicks in, so if we had a better 5th gear for top speed in Germany we will be able to carry on the high performance sports car wars not only in the mid-acceleration, for me that is 140-170 MPH, but after 180, we lose the game...so with a rumored top speed of 200MPH we will be able keep all of those EURO cars in check.

So far my Z06 has been succesful at keeping every EURO car that I come against at bay or passed on the autobahn, I know my time will come, there are a many fast car out there, but has not yet, and I am talking some serious company here, like the 911 Turbo, Ferrari 360, Mercedes AMG SL55 and CL55 and, M3's are easy lunch meat, so those of us in Germany, mostly a military population that own Z06's race at Hockenheim and Nurburgring have set the example of what the Corvette can do, now it is time to move it up a notch to play with the big guys on the top end, we already won the acceleration wars, now it is time to go for the top end. I just read a German Tuning magazine that tested a new Z51 Vette C6 and they started by saying "The M3 was the starting plate, then next came the 911 as the second meal, but the main plate was a Ferrari 360, as the tacho read 308KMH per hour" we knew that the vette was something that the Porsches and Ferraris will be scared of when they see the vette behind them, this is a 'World Class Car" with price performance ratio that is better than the tax on the Mercedes SL McLaren."

That is what I am talkking about and when I order my first year Z again, I will post new videos of the road wars in Germany.

www-b-w-vette.com
www-b-w-vette.tzo.com
www.movit.de
www.scci.ch
http://www.scci.ch/home/2004CEM_1.%2...%20Klassen.pdf
Old 08-18-2004, 06:01 PM   #484
bmagni
Regular User

why comparing it with the m3 ??? overall the vette is much better but it has a 6 lts v8... the m3 has a 3.2 lt v6.
also talkin bout the 360, it has a 3.6 v8 which IMO is much better cause it delivers much more hp per liter... i dont deny the vette is a great performer but its not as great as it should be
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #485
TT
Regular User

the m3 has a 3.2 lt v6
In-line 6 not V

Now let's start again the whole hp per liter discussion for another 10 pages
Old 08-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #486
RC45
Regular User

TT - can we axe that SUPRA guys sig?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #487
TT
Regular User

LOL sure, just noticed.. what an asshole (even if I admit I don't know him...)
Old 08-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #488
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
why comparing it with the m3 ??? overall the vette is much better but it has a 6 lts v8... the m3 has a 3.2 lt v6.
also talkin bout the 360, it has a 3.6 v8 which IMO is much better cause it delivers much more hp per liter... i dont deny the vette is a great performer but its not as great as it should be
The point is, that here is a gent that plays on the Autobahns with his Z06 and runs and guns and beats the Euro cars all the way to 180.. which is what we Z06'ers have said all along..

The other point is that the C6 as tested by a German magazine seems to be a different car that Hammond and Jeremy Dorkson tested.. right?

I mean instead of trying to trash it... they noted how good it was.

My guess is that there is such anger and jealousy over the way the cheap plastic car from Kentucky performs..

Which is why I enjoy driving it so much
Old 08-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #489
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Thanks..
Old 08-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #490
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
the m3 has a 3.2 lt v6
In-line 6 not V

Now let's start again the whole hp per liter discussion for another 10 pages
sorry ur right... it happens
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:12 PM   #491
TRD-SUPRA
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
How can I lowered the size of the pics??

Thanks!!

TRD-SUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #492
TT
Regular User

With Photoshop or another photoediting tool.

Just to give you an idea, max width should be some 600, max height may depend, but not more than 300 I'd say
Old 08-19-2004, 07:36 AM   #493
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The point is, that here is a gent that plays on the Autobahns with his Z06 and runs and guns and beats the Euro cars all the way to 180.. which is what we Z06'ers have said all along..

The other point is that the C6 as tested by a German magazine seems to be a different car that Hammond and Jeremy Dorkson tested.. right?

My guess is that there is such anger and jealousy over the way the cheap plastic car from Kentucky performs..

lol, don't you think he may be a lil biased considering he owns one?? Just a thought
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #494
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3

lol, don't you think he may be a lil biased considering he owns one?? Just a thought
No. Not at all.

If a 360 Primadonna owner came in here and described an event you would consider it a holy moment. of truth and bow down liek it was the second coming of Christ... :roll:

Did you ever consider that you are biased and so refuse to accept the reality, that even when multiple sources provide you real life experiences you continue denying them...??
Old 08-19-2004, 08:51 AM   #495
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3

No. Not at all.

If a 360 Madonna (yes - that would be Madonna ) owner came in here and described an event you would consider it a holy moment. of truth and bow down liek it was the second coming of Christ... :roll:

Did you ever consider that you are biased and so refuse to accept the reality, that even when multiple sources provide you real life experiences you continue denying them...??
lol, i never said that the corvette was a bad car, i said that in my opinion there are better options. You're the one whos refusing to believe any other car can possibly be better than a vette. You're saying the 360's a bad car, i'm sure i could come up with dozens of articles saying that in actual fact it is a good car. Fair enough if u don't like it u don't like it but aleast accept it's a good car.
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote