Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #46
gobs3z
Regular User

I really have never understand the argument that gets brought up every time the Veyron is the subject of conversation. Sure...it uses more electronics then any other car on the road today, only second to an F1 car (a little exagerated). But why put down a car that didn't need to be built. VW made a 100+ million dollar sacrifice and we're complaining about a car we're never going to drive. It's a car with no point other then proving German over engineering. It was meant for the people that pointlessly buy phones like the $8k Virtu, or a $20k swiss watch. They buy is because they can. If i had that the kind of financial means, i sure as hell would buy one, as well as an Exige, Sagaris, AMV8, Zonda F and lets throw in a black Viper ACR. Just stop bitching about a car that is an engineering marvel, whether or not its not a drivers car. Who the f*** cares, I have an Exige to be my drivers car.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #47
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Originally Posted by RC45
I am guessing you are either an 11 year old fan boy or an idiot... you entire stance and opinion is bullshit.

Come back when you have some proof of your pathetic rants.
RC calm down for a bit. I think he means tuned cars, not the stock Z06 and cars like that. Just like TopGearNL said, those tuned cars don't stand a chance if their chassis isn't right for the ride anymore.

Originally Posted by RC45
So to say something as dumb as "a 1000hp sports car has no tuning ability" is down right stupid - to say so with out proof is idiotic.
That would be an idiotic thing to say, but he didn't. He said those overtuned cars have no turning ability. Not the stock supercars. I won't say those tuned cars have no turning ability at all, but compared to the cars that are stock 1000+ hp..
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #48
dash

RC45: no other can be a bigger idiot than you are. (actually I don't think that and will explain later why)
First you call it C5 Z06 (WRONG!!!) and than you call it C6 Z06 (right - but probably a coincidense).

Saying things about CGT and Enzo I meant competition with 1000bhp+ Vettes and stuff (not the stock ones).

The ability of reading and understanding (at the same time) is a rare thing and obviously something totally unknown to you. You knew that right? lol

I never said Z06 is a bad car. It's finaly something great to drive. Well, after 50 years of developing the Corvette it was about time to do a proper turning car, no? xD

Z06 as accurate in driving as GT3? lol but what do I know, I'm not an american, right? lol

You have no idea about Veyron itself, You knew that right? lol
3 years of developing the breaks alone and making them etremely durable (they can operate in temperatures up to 3 times higher than the most sports cars could handle), but what do they know about breaks, right? Only americans know, right? xD

Stoopie got my point instantly. Is your IQ Mr. RC45 lower than 80, so you can't understand what you are reading?Does your brain have ability to draw conclusions instead of turning you into lil' offended kid? Are You a 11 year old kid, as you called me? I'm sure not, so it's even worse.

But let me explain a little. Most of the home made 1000bhp+ "beasts" are made the cheapest possible way. All they do is put some huge turbos in the engine, modeified pistons and valves and there we go. You have to keep in mind that a 1000bhp + a good tires gonna sqeeze that back suspension to the ground, front goes up and there we go, no turning ability - that's what I meant. No, springs for 200$ is not the answer.
There was a video with a BMW 3 (E30) here on the forums. It had like 900bhp, but when the turbo was turning on, front was going up so the steering wheel was useless. That's what most people do, all about the engine.

One more thing about Corvette - why does it have to be so cheap made?

RC45: you don't like Top Gear, do you? xD

Now back to the idiot thing.
First of all, idiot is not able to read and wright. You'd know that if you only knew the meaning of the word you used. So who's a bigger "idiot", a guys who said some true things or a guy who's using words without knowing the meaning?
Maybe the number of "Ferrari horses" by your nickname make you so conceited?
Draw your own conclusions.
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #49
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by dash
I never said Z06 is a bad car. It's finaly something great to drive. Well, after 50 years of developing the Corvette it was about time to do a proper turning car, no? xD

Z06 as accurate in driving as GT3? lol but what do I know, I'm not an american, right? lol

First off, the new Z will most likely be able to take on the new GT2 at half the cost. GM puts the vast majority of it's money into the chassis and drivetrain of the vette, and it gets taken out on the interior quality. But if you want to drive a luxury car, then buy a Bentley and stop complaining. Aston actually makes poor interiors as well, thats the only car i've heard of where the plastic fell off the GPS screen. Astons aren't fast either, but they're a gorgeous car to look at. I assume you're going to tell me that Le Mans has too many straights on the track and thats why the Corvette can win their. The ceramics brakes on Porsches had massive failures, but it's German so it must have been an American part on the brakes. The motors in the E46 M3 were blowing up due to a design flaw. The old Viper ACR racing at the 2006 24H Nurburgring turned in a 3rd place finish against the new 997 Porsches out of Germany(hows also prevously won it) , but the Nurburgring has too many straights right? Mind you, the Viper or any other company does not have the massive Porsche factory racing develpment. Screw you and your ignorance, why don't you open up your little mind and find the good things that each car has brought to the auto industry (minus the Geo Storm), but i assume you're too ignorant to do that.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 12-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #50
sentra_dude

Hahaha, time to break out some popcorn!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #51
dash

Only because I'm not American I'm ignorant. Great! lol
Old 12-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #52
gobs3z
Regular User

Only because I'm not American I'm ignorant. Great! lol
Nope, you're ignorant because you're close minded, and for you to assume that i think you're ignorant because you're not American shows how naïve you are as well.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:37 AM   #53
dash

Close minded = I don't think the way Americans do? xD
Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #54
mit5005
Regular User

Why do you keep relating people's criticisms of you to whether you are American or not?

You are the one downgrading American handling in your "On Top Gear they said one thing the other day "curves are unknown in America" - lol, so true." comment.

I would call you ignorant no matter where you were from.
mit5005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #55
RC45
Regular User

[see post further down]
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

RC45: no other can be a bigger idiot than you are. (actually I don't think that and will explain later why)
First you call it C5 Z06 (WRONG!!!) and than you call it C6 Z06 (right - but probably a coincidense).
Heheh owned by your own ignorance.

History lesson cup cake:

1963 Corvette C3 Z06
Class winning race car used against the "super cars" of the day. Yes cup cake.. this car took on the Ferraris, Jags, Porsches etc and won.

2001 ~ 2004 Corvette C5 Z06
Lapped Nurburgring in 7m56s - ooohhh really? But - thats the same speed as the Porsche 996 GT3... oh my.. looks like you ignorance owns you again.

2006 ~2007 (maybe 08 ) Corvette C6 Z06
Lapped Nurburgring in 7m43s... Oh my that is really fast isn't it? Again owned by your own stupidity.

Saying things about CGT and Enzo I meant competition with 1000bhp+ Vettes and stuff (not the stock ones).
Hehe - what a tool... I have seen tuned Vettes and Vipers lined up against CGT's etc.. you haven't.. guess who is speaking from experience? Probably not you.

The ability of reading and understanding (at the same time) is a rare thing and obviously something totally unknown to you. You knew that right? lol
You have not provided a single reply that shows you are even have a drivers license - let alone actually know what you are talking about.

Finally? Unbeknownst to you, there has been a Ferrari/Porsche matching/beating Corvette available since 1955... you are just ignorant to this fact.

As with the 911, where there have been various versions released every year - some better than others, if you knew what optioned car to buy, there has been a Corvette able to dance toe to toe with the Euros every year.. magazine comparisons and more importantly, racing wins have been proving this since 1955 when first raced.

You are however an ignorant git... back to back tests (many magazines) and many track days with private cars lapping and then in actual competition have proved this.

Please provide the factual basis for your opinions of simply piss off. OK? We don't need trolls like you on the forums

You have no idea about Veyron itself, You knew that right? lol
3 years of developing the breaks alone and making them etremely durable (they can operate in temperatures up to 3 times higher than the most sports cars could handle), but what do they know about breaks, right? Only americans know, right? xD
Again - quote your sources that definitively show that your opinion is correct. I have fist hand reported witness of severe heat failure and fade of Veyron brakes.. what does you contact at the Nurburgring say?

Stoopie got my point instantly. Is your IQ Mr. RC45 lower than 80, so you can't understand what you are reading?Does your brain have ability to draw conclusions instead of turning you into lil' offended kid? Are You a 11 year old kid, as you called me? I'm sure not, so it's even worse.
Put up or STFU. You are a useless troll clogging JW with tripe... if you are here to discuss factually performance cars and you have some positive to contribute stay - if not leave - we don't need yet another troll.

But let me explain a little. Most of the home made 1000bhp+ "beasts" are made the cheapest possible way. All they do is put some huge turbos in the engine, modeified pistons and valves and there we go. You have to keep in mind that a 1000bhp + a good tires gonna sqeeze that back suspension to the ground, front goes up and there we go, no turning ability
Again - you are literally spewing actual shit out of your mouth as if it were a second anus and you had diarrhea...

You have absofuckinglutely not the foggiest idea of what you speak.

When MTI, RSI, Hennessey, LPE et al turn up at a Motortrend Super Tuner SHootout with cars with $100,000+ of engine, drive train and suspension engineering - and they delivery earth shaking performance, that is no the same as some Kraut in a BeenerMobile high on Schnapps.

- that's what I meant. No, springs for 200$ is not the answer.
There was a video with a BMW 3 (E30) here on the forums. It had like 900bhp, but when the turbo was turning on, front was going up so the steering wheel was useless. That's what most people do, all about the engine.
See above - then piss off... you are a troll, an ignorant troll.

Well - here is the answer - why does performance have to cost so much in Europe that only the super-rich can afford it?

RC45: you don't like Top Gear, do you? xD
A couple things - I am not American - and I enjoy Top gear for the entertainment it is - you on the other hand believe it to be the gospel.

First of all, idiot is not able to read and wright. You'd know that if you only knew the meaning of the word you used. So who's a bigger "idiot", a guys who said some true things or a guy who's using words without knowing the meaning?
The word is write you idiot.

Maybe the number of "Ferrari horses" by your nickname make you so conceited?
No - the number of Ferrari Horses by my name means that if you piss me off I can have you banned.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #57
novass
Regular User

First of all, idiot is not able to read and wright.
I generally dont bring up spelling and grammatical errors as a form of argument on the web, especially here since we have many different nations and languages represented. Since you brought it up though, I have to make a comment.

Is this sentence, "First of all, idiot is not able to read and wright." supposed to be ironic in the fact that the sentence structure is shit and write is not spelled with a g or a h and has an e at the end?

And for fuck's sake, give up the American argument already. Is has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I am willing to bet that every car company employee base is comprised of people from all over the world and, furthermore, most car companies are not even owned by people in the country in which they claim origin anymore.

You say our cars suck in the turns? I say yours suck in a straight line! How is that argument? Sounds educated and full of fact right? No, it makes me sound like a closed minded ass clown. For the record, closed minded does not equal that you dont think like Americans do. In this case it means you are too set in your dumbass ways to look past the fact that a car was made in America and actually look at the car itself.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #58
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stoopie

That would be an idiotic thing to say, but he didn't. He said those overtuned cars have no turning ability. Not the stock supercars. I won't say those tuned cars have no turning ability at all, but compared to the cars that are stock 1000+ hp..
???? Name a stock car with 1000hp?

Oh - there is only 1.. and there are many many many many many tuner cars that outhandle the Veyron.. you obvioulsy did not read the latest Super Tuner Shoot Out did you??

:roll:

I'll post the link to the well known article... after I get round to ripping dash a second shitter..

edit: see above a few posts for the shitter ripping - heres a link to shut all your mouths for a wile.. I will have more later.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #59
nthfinity
Regular User

on direct authority from Bugatti; in 2005 during NS testing.... LATE in the testing; the brakes failed through a burst line, and there was a subsequent crash.

The Veyron is no track car; it is a fun car, an amazing car sure. It handles well for its weight, and may even stout out better lap times then the Macca F1 with little effort... but against a modern sportscar, definately not.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #60
tforth
Regular User

RC45,

You keep referencing NB lap times, which I and most credible OEs agree is pretty much the best measure or performance available. So, I did a quick check for a list of NB times and this is what I found @http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=476. I know sport auto should have a more comprehensive list somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I excluded the top 2, as they are not 'really' road cars. That being said, it looks like (see below) 'your' Z06 comes in 9th (excludes 2nd CGT time). Keep in mind, that this list does not include many cars that have a fair chance of being faster than the Z06, like the 599 GTB for example. Also note the 996 GT3 RS with the same time and approx 120 less hp. This should suggest something to you about the Z06's somewhat non-ideal handling I guess, eh?

Don't get me wrong, the Z06 packs the biggest punch for its price, but it doesn't cost very much, does it? None, of the non-American reviews that I have seen/read extol it's handling. They don't say it's brutal like prior generations; just not as good as could be, especially when it's bumpy. This is shown by the better times of the 997 GT3 and turbo, which have a noticeably worse power/weight ratio. They also have a non-ideal weight distribution (i.e. rear engine).

The list:

7:28 - 166.652 km/h - Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, Walther Roehrl, (Autobild 07/04)
7:32* - 164.071 km/h – Pagani Zonda F, 650 PS/ 1230 kg, (*mfr.) www.autodrome-cannes.com/index-eng.asp
7:34 - 163.586 km/h - Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1418 kg, Horst von Saurma (sport auto), oct,17-18 05
7:36 - 162.631 km/h - Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, factory test driver Walther Röhrl (02)
7.39* - 161.575 km/h - Porsche 997 GT3, 415 PS/1395 kg, *mfr. (quote sport auto 05/06)
7:40 - 161.217 km/h – Bugatti 16/4 Veyron, 1001 PS/1980 kg (Wheels magazine Australia, 12/05)
7:40 - 161.217 km/h - Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, Klaus Ludwig (AutoBild 07/04)
7:40 - 161.217 km/h - Porsche 997 Turbo, 480 PS/ ??? kg, Michelin Cup Sport tyres (Motortrend)
7:42* - 160.519 km/h – Ford GT, 550 PS/ 1521 kg (*as indicated by Octane magazine, 11/05)
7:42.9 - 160.207 km/h - Corvette Z06, 500 PS/1319 kg, Jan Magnusen, (Sporbilen, jun,26 05), http://www.supercars.net/Pics?vpf2=y...ID=1384471&l=d
7:43 - 160.173 km/h - Porsche 996 GT3 RS, factory test driver Walter Roehrl (MOTOR magazine)
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote