Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 06-19-2005, 02:15 PM   #46
noosee
Regular User

The worst possible race ever
And I think they can stop now already. It's enough.
Now all those people will want to get money for tickets back
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #47
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
fuck!!!
I'm glad I didn't go to indy

not watching the race, but reading the live timing and I'm surprised
I've experienced going to a F1 race after Schumi won the series. It isnt very fun.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #48
5vz-fe
Regular User

That is really not funny....................as much as I want schumi to win, but NOT THIS WAY!!! This is totally pathetic. 6 cars........ man, ppl play lots of money to see Ferrari beating Minardi and Jordon?? On man, I guess there's no hope for F1 in America after all.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #49
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
How many percent of the race do they have to race that you get the points even if you're nto driving to the end? They can maybe stop after 36 laps and everybody can go home

*EDIT*

Ferrari will be 2nd in constructors champion ship table after this race. This sure is a jackpot to them and a bad day to McLaren and Renault.
I think it is 75% of race distance or a certain amount of time into the race - 2 hours I believe

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #50
ericgt
Regular User

I was expecting them to do a burnout blister the tires at the first pitstop , then replace them.
Thought the new tires rules were dangerous.
ericgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #51
5vz-fe
Regular User

I would have thrown bottles too if I wasted a grand on a what looks to be a testing session. Hell, I even feel ripped off turning on the TV and watch the race......
Old 06-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #52
No.1
Regular User

Ridiculous.... Michelin surely in the wrong. Even if they were permitted to send a new tyre batch out, the cars set up would be all wrong.

:roll:

However, the commentary is worth listening to just for the politics going on
Old 06-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #53
antonioledesma
Regular User

even with the new batch of tyres dispatched, they would have broken the rules and you know all those stupid ppl runinng the FIA
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #54
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Am I glad I didnt pay the big bucks to go watch the race live! Fncking Michelin!

1-2-3-4-5-6 Bridgestone assuming all cars finish
Thats why all the fans are throwing stuff onto the track. People dropped thousands of dollars into this weekend, between tickets, hotel, travel, food..... I think that they have the right to be pissed. For most of them, this is a once in a life-time opportunity.

I really dont know what they should have done. I think that they should have allowed the teams to put on the new tires that they were supplied with last night. Then, they should have allowed the Bridgestone teams to put on new tires, so that there are no performance issues with the tires. I think that the impact of this race will be felt for a long time in America. What a waste!!! :bad:

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #55
GT-R_R34
Regular User

michelin's sales in america is going to go to the floor.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:33 PM   #56
sameerrao
Regular User

Throw bottles at Michelin and not the poor guys on the track

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:34 PM   #57
antonioledesma
Regular User

OMG... this race will be a sunday car ride with your family... veeery slow, calm, seeing the trees, the green areas, animals, etc

if jordan or minardi aren't able to finish this race, they should retire from F1
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #58
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by GT-R_R34
michelin's sales in america is going to go to the floor.
I doubt it GM may/may not already use Michelin tyres on their cars, they will not, all of a sudden switch to Bridgestone to protest. Business doesn't work like that
Old 06-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #59
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Ridiculous.... Michelin surely in the wrong. Even if they were permitted to send a new tyre batch out, the cars set up would be all wrong.

:roll:

However, the commentary is worth listening to just for the politics going on
Lets just see what the situation is days or weeks after this race. I'm sure more info will be leaked out. As of now, I'm not blaming Michelin. Engineering failures can and do happen. At least they realized something was wrong and they acted accordingly. Hard decision but the right thing to do.
As far as the FIA not accepting a compromise- not surprising. And the FIA statement that a chicane would not be fair to the other non Michelin teams is totally bogus, IMO. I'm sure that the other teams would be willing to make this compromise. ( Oh damn! Right at this moment, a Bridgestone tire commercial is being shown on SPEED. I'm going to see if we will see any Michelin commercials during the race)
And BTW, did anyone notice during the Le-Mans race that when some of the cars experienced tire failures on the Mitchies, some of the pit crews would cover the tires up real quick so as the camera crews couldn't get a good shot of the damage? I noticed that when the Aston Martin car experienced a tire blow-out.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #60
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Phobo
I think the will cancel/abort the race

next bottle:

It dosnt seem like they are going to abort the race. FIA director said that this will be a points race, and it will go on in its full completion. He also said that they could not put in a chicane because they can not alter a race for a few teams because they brought bad equipment to a race. That this would be a violation of the rules.
I can undertand where he is comming from, but they should have tried to compromise, instead of having only 6 cars race.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote