Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 03-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by harryo2b
So for a million bucks and some change is the McLaren F1 a bad deal as well?
What is the Hockenheim ring time for the Vagrant?

Of all those car magazines that "verified" the 250+mph speed, how many took it to Laguna Seca or LeSarthe or Hockenheim or Nurburg and did a timed lap?

Please enlighten us----how many?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #47
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by harryo2b
So for a million bucks and some change is the McLaren F1 a bad deal as well?
What is the Hockenheim ring time for the Vagrant?

Of all those car magazines that "verified" the 250+mph speed, how many took it to Laguna Seca or LeSarthe or Hockenheim or Nurburg and did a timed lap?

Please enlighten us----how many?
we were talking about the top speed of the car. the Veyron has been taken to Laguna Seca...but a timed lap was not the objective.

besides why are you giving so much importance on "verified" information...none of your amateur sledgehammer type deals had ANY verification on any of their achievements.

the Veyron has been verified for its top speed.......that's final.
No - YOU were the one bragging that top speed equates to greatest in history...

EVERYONE else was was talking about overall performance...

So, again, where are the lap times of the same magazine tests that "verified" these supposed claimed top speed numbers...???

I think we all know what happened.. VW stated that the cars copuld be tested - but NOT on a circuit..
Old 03-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #48
RC45
Regular User

I never changed topics, this IS a Saleen topic..

The Vagrant offers nothing except a supposed 250+mph top end - it can't stop or turn any better than a BMW Z4... if it could, the car magazines would have been all over the circuit times it was capabale of
Old 03-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #49
RC45
Regular User

...... except a supposed 250+mph top end -
not supposed, confirmed. i just wanna hear you admit it

i don't care about the Saleen anyways, i AM on topic though, since it says "For the Saleen haters"...hehe
So no-one ever attempted a circuit time, let alone confirmed one - I just wanna hear you admit it
Old 03-27-2006, 09:09 AM   #50
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Then there's the tuned vettes and vipers matter. Whatever you say the Veyron will out handle an older Vette or any Viper for that matter. Also tuned cars aren't useally very reliable, which the Veyron is.
C3's? handle better thena Viper ACR GTS, or SRT 10, or new SRT 10 coupe? im not so sure.... since nobody has tested it.
reliably tuned cars?
try 2 year warenty's from LPE, and various other Viper/Vette tuners etc.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #51
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
I am really really enjoying this topic. I'm on Everso's side
I'm just kinda shaking my head in dismay at the fight going on :\
Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #52
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Originally Posted by Daggernite
I am really really enjoying this topic. I'm on Everso's side
I'm just kinda shaking my head in dismay at the fight going on :\
Its not fighting really is it? I doubt RC45 and Everso hate each other, its a debate, thats all, and there just talking about what they believe in. The whole point of forums aint it? Everyone's throwing facts about, I'm learning stuff, so thats exzactly why I enjoy topics like this.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #53
RC45
Regular User

Then there's the tuned vettes and vipers matter. Whatever you say the Veyron will out handle an older Vette or any Viper for that matter.
See - such a comment shows how deep the false predjudice that JC and his clowns spread.

I am confident youhave no idea that Corvettes have been beating Ferraris, Jaguars, Mercedes and Maseratis in races since the 1950's.

Corvettes (and then Vipers) have been on a par with their historic counterparts on the race track since the very beginning. But your lack of historical knowledge about this fact is showing -- along with your bias.

Need I remind you of the Oreca Vipers winning streak at Le Man among others

Also tuned cars aren't useally very reliable, which the Veyron is.
Maybe not in Europe, but as mentioned already, tuned cars here carry warranties... warrantees sort of confirm the manufacturer/vendor has confidence in the product.

In the meantime, dream about the million dollar marvel while driving your trabant, and just remember if you really want to know what the Russian Mafia boss with his Veyron feels like, just buy a tuned Viper/Vette or a stock Saleen
Old 03-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #54
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Then there's the tuned vettes and vipers matter. Whatever you say the Veyron will out handle an older Vette or any Viper for that matter.
See - such a comment shows how deep the false predjudice that JC and his clowns spread.

I am confident youhave no idea that Corvettes have been beating Ferraris, Jaguars, Mercedes and Maseratis in races since the 1950's.

Corvettes (and then Vipers) have been on a par with their historic counterparts on the race track since the very beginning. But your lack of historical knowledge about this fact is showing -- along with your bias.

Need I remind you of the Oreca Vipers winning streak at Le Man among others

Also tuned cars aren't useally very reliable, which the Veyron is.
Maybe not in Europe, but as mentioned already, tuned cars here carry warranties... warrantees sort of confirm the manufacturer/vendor has confidence in the product.

In the meantime, dream about the million dollar marvel while driving your trabant, and just remember if you really want to know what the Russian Mafia boss with his Veyron feels like, just buy a tuned Viper/Vette or a stock Saleen
I agree with your point about vipers and vettes being on par with ferrari's mercs etc on the track but you cannot honestly say that a viper is quicker than a ferrari as far as im concerned the only american car that is on par with its european counterparts is the ford gt and the reason this topic started the saleen. One thing i will salute to american cars is the value for money the new corvette zo6 costs alot less than a ferrari yet can still achieve very impressive performance figures. Why don't wee see when someone does a test of the veyron and the saleen and then discuss the matter because the way i see it the majority of this topic is amercians(saleen) vs. europeans(veyron).
Old 03-27-2006, 04:47 PM   #55
RC45
Regular User

^^ except your logic is flawed to hell..

a stock GT3 out laps the Veyron... and stock S7R is faster AND outhandles it.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

^^ ah - so there you have it.. the Veyron is just a posers car.

At least we agree on one thing
Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

^^ pulling up to a Starbucks or handing the keys over to the valet attendant at the opera house is not considered driving by the way

But if papperazi phothogs and posing on the red carpet turns you on, then the Bugeyed Vagrant is your car
Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #58
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Then there's the tuned vettes and vipers matter. Whatever you say the Veyron will out handle an older Vette or any Viper for that matter. Also tuned cars aren't useally very reliable, which the Veyron is.

Not it wont.

C5R has a great chassi. It only suffered from not having as a strong an engine as the 550 at Le Mans and the 550s short stint in ALMS. But it still won on reliability, or great team work rather.

As for Vipers...Cant comment on that...Their race success was driven by very strong engines more so then their handling. A big front mounted engine (long ass bonnet unlike F-car V12s) is not necesarily a sign of good handling...but the power conpescated for that.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #59
RC45
Regular User

^^ pulling up to a Starbucks or handing the keys over to the valet attendant at the opera house is not considered driving by the way

But if papperazi phothogs and posing on the red carpet turns you on, then the Bugeyed Vagrant is your car
meh.....it's not about that...it's about the FEEL of driving...something you must miss greatly since you're just thinking of statistics all day....which is WHY you miss the point of owning cars with class, style, technology, sophistication, etc...

this is why you compare dog ugly modded Vipers with a Veyron....you just don't get it do you.

and all of this besides the fact...put any of your little amateur american laboratory modified jungle buggies against the line with the Veyron...and it will rip them a new ass
Feel of driving?

That's the point - I do get it.

What does "feel" have to do with how it looks?

You are so caught up on the Audi TT poising thing you superimpose the same logic to all others
Old 03-27-2006, 05:39 PM   #60
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

Not it wont.

C5R has a great chassi. It only suffered from not having as a strong an engine as the 550 at Le Mans and the 550s short stint in ALMS. But it still won on reliability, or great team work rather.
As for Vipers...Cant comment on that...
so basically you are comparing race cars to a production street car in a Veyron. It's two different classes of cars, man. a C5R vs. Veyron isn't exactly a proper comparison....Insane was referring to street versions of Vipers and Vettes.....Vipers have always been rubbish on the track, same with Vettes, unless they are properly modded or if they are a Z06

Mate I am talking about race cars because it is our only reliable source of perofmance figures and lap times.

Sure those cars are much modified in race trim but they still are heavily based on their stock versions.

If the C5 didnt have a good base chassis neither would the C5R
Same with 550s, and same with GT3s

Veyron is simply a big in your face look at me straightline monster.
It handles well, just like a golf GTI handles well, but you cant not compare the way it takes corners to an Elise an F430 or a Z06.

Its an exrcise in design and bad engineering, not counting the english made gear box.

All that crap for 1000bhp? Plus quad turbos.....they should have been pulling 2500bhp with that motor.........

I find it simply useless.

It's BMW slow around but it can go fast in straight line at the expense of 5 million dollars. :roll:

Why not take a viper, drop a super charger on it, get 1000bhp, put some big brakes on it, and it will out handel, outrun the Veyron any day.

Useless car.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote