Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #46
04RCSTI
Regular User

congrats on the Car fellow STI owner.
K&N Typhoon is a good intake, just get the short ram with the heatshield because the Cold air will only get you marginally better results that are hardly worth the amount of time and hassle it takes to install it. Cobb Exhausts are quiet and wont necessarily flow as well as some other alternatives. But I'm guessing your plan right now is just to buy a few parts, go stage 2 tune and keep it that way. That will be more HP than you should be able to handle anytime soon. Take care, if you ever have any questions on mods dont hesitate to ask either here or on NASIOC...if youre on there.

EDIT: Oh and dont wrap it around any trees. Learn to drive it before you start going into any backwoods, respect is your friend.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:13 PM   #47
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI
congrats on the Car fellow STI owner.
K&N Typhoon is a good intake, just get the short ram with the heatshield because the Cold air will only get you marginally better results that are hardly worth the amount of time and hassle it takes to install it. Cobb Exhausts are quiet and wont necessarily flow as well as some other alternatives. But I'm guessing your plan right now is just to buy a few parts, go stage 2 tune and keep it that way. That will be more HP than you should be able to handle anytime soon. Take care, if you ever have any questions on mods dont hesitate to ask either here or on NASIOC...if youre on there.

EDIT: Oh and dont wrap it around any trees. Learn to drive it before you start going into any backwoods, respect is your friend.
thanks.
yea i was thinking on the one with the heatshields..., and the cobb exaust, well yea mayb it wont give me as good numbers as other may give me but it sounds good, not too loud, and gives hp, thats all i need really...
and actually im in www.iwsti.com , its a great site, has helped alot.
Its so tempting to go fast! but eveytime i even think about it i stop myself because most of the time its not worth the risk. yesturday a C5 vette wanted to race me, i overtook him in 4th, full throttle and i was at his side and he floored it, it was a 2 way street so i let off after a couple of seconds... not worth it, i dont feel confortable with trees a couple of feet away... lol, it was goin to be a good race though!
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #48
04RCSTI
Regular User

yeah im on IWSTI as well, been on there for years. Cobb sounds good. And a C5 regular vette should be no problem for you.. I highly suggest getting an Accessport as soon as possible...get a good tune and you will be very happy.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #49
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI
yeah im on IWSTI as well, been on there for years. Cobb sounds good. And a C5 regular vette should be no problem for you.. I highly suggest getting an Accessport as soon as possible...get a good tune and you will be very happy.
Now now, don't get oscar off on the wrong foot - a 300bhp/3400lb 2006 STi is not going to just walk away from a 3200lb 350bhp C5 - unless it's being driven by a an old geezer on the way to starbucks to pose with his neighbour who drove the 360

Add to that the fact that if a bloke lines up, it's probable his car is no longer stock -- we don't want to get oscar into trouble by getting him to take on every stock looking car out there now do we... ?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #50
oscargarza88
Regular User

haha lol RC...
actually ur right, it wasnt stock... at least not the exaust.. it was loud, sounded good... and as i said i would have guessed it was goin to b a good race... cause for those few seconds we were even... if it would have been in 249 i wouldnt have let off so soon.

04RCSTI- yea i was looking at the accesport too but it sounds complicated though... i would like to talk to someone about it, not only read about it, to fully understand it...
Old 05-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #51
oscargarza88
Regular User

ok i finally got some new pictures!
i rode with a friend today for a while this mornin and we took some pictures... well actually he did, hes probably better than me. here they are:

a personal fav:

and his 1.8T jetta

And as an xtra bonus.. just to show how this is family sedan after all...

they look soo happy...

**the car was realy dirty! and it probably goin to rain all next week so im not planning on detailing it anytime soon...**
i have a couple more pics like this one

so if u guys want a couple more shots feel free to ask, i would post them but i need to resize them and its kind of a pain to do...
so! what do u guys think?!
Old 05-28-2006, 08:40 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Nice - pity i didn't come across the Japanese-German Axis forces this morning... could have laid some Allied smack down

Looking good though...
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #53
Pehtren
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Nice - pity i didn't come across the Japanese-German Axis forces this morning... could have laid some Allied smack down

Looking good though...
LOL RC

I didnt see this topic,

First thing congrats for your new car, its a monster and with mods you can achive great results.

And i will maybe be getting a ride in one 2006 model that is but tunned more than 415hp

Im interested in other pics that you have.

...and dont race too much.
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #54
gis
Regular User

Great pics oscar the car is lookin good,you should make some vids of it,im interested in some speedo shots,exhaust note etc etc.

also your friends car is nice,what engine is in that?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #55
oscargarza88
Regular User

thanks 4 the replys

His car is a 1.8 Turbo, its fast, and easy to mod... so far he has just lowered it and put the jetta GLI wheels, he just needs more money.
and i need a better camera to take better shots of the car, and video, cause my camera is really old, thats why i took pic with my friends 7mp camera.
and yea pehtren, i wont race too much... haha
Old 06-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
Great pics oscar the car is lookin good,you should make some vids of it,im interested in some speedo shots,exhaust note etc etc.

I have some video of his car at the Solo Skool - I need to get off my arse and finish it up and post it so he can brag about his skills.

I would hazard a guess that oscar is one of the few people on JW who have had some real hi-po practice and "training" in the first 1000 miles of their first truly high performance car....

Way to go oscar - starting out right
Old 06-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #57
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by gis

I have some video of his car at the Solo Skool - I need to get off my arse and finish it up and post it so he can brag about his skills.

I would hazard a guess that oscar is one of the few people on JW who have had some real hi-po practice and "training" in the first 1000 miles of their first truly high performance car....

Way to go oscar - starting out right
are those compliments from RC... naaa they cant be... lol

well i mean im lucky enought to have this car might as well put it into use! its so much fun u have to do it to understand, and i coudnt have gotten an easier car to do it with. There was a M3 there running really good but he was struggling with oversteer, having fun but battling it out... in the other hand here i am just floring it with the tail out a bit in some slaloms and not even correcting it, the car does it for you... i need to have an onboard camera next time!

Thanks RC.
oh and i got an email from Richard Tomlin with some info on the race on June 23-25, did u get it? sounds fun, mayb it could b our next meet...
Old 06-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #58
Pehtren
Regular User

did you try the dif. button thing or what its called. so that the rear wheels get all the power? the fifth gear whore has done it.....
Old 06-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #59
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by pehtren
did you try the dif. button thing or what its called. so that the rear wheels get all the power? the fifth gear whore has done it.....
I did in some "Stages", i tried it all the way to the back in the skid pad, and i noticed much more grip in the front tires, because well as all of you know it the car understeers very easy, and it is much harder to oversteer than i thought, i was able to stay closer to the cones. i also tried it in the braking part, i braked late, and did the "skandinavian thing" where you turn to one side and then the other, but i did it wrong and the car just understeered ALOT. so i could never oversteer on purpose, i could only in the fast slaloms but it was in auto the whole time, the instructors recomended that.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:12 PM   #60
Pehtren
Regular User

skandinavian flick....i think

Thanks. i wont one..impreza that is