Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 05-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #46
moan786
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
I still think it's a piece of crap. I'll be laughing at you when your doors won't even allign properly when closing, and your interior will be falling apart. GM makes shitty cars, and that's a fact. When you buy the M5 or E55 you get alot more than performance; you get luxury and absolute quality. Reliability is also exceptional for BMW and Mercedes...which I cannot say for Cadillac. Another thing: how long will that modified Cadillac last? I'd say not long. How long until your tranny, or something else fails? ///M and AMG do alot more than just drop in a big engine. They also modify the car to reliabily cope with the added power. This means you can drop the clutch in a M5 or E55 or RS Audi plenty of times and redline it through all the gears, and it'll still idle like a swiss watch every single time. Let's not even talk about maintining value.......

In conclusion, you can take your redneck "Caddy" and shove it up your ass. All up in your ass. :fist: :fist:

LOL ^^^^^^^

my personal opinion is that the Caddy is a performance bargain and should cater to those after some serious performance with relative practicality , but as for the looks ewwww yukhh it looks like a brick on wheels....
moan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:44 PM   #47
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^^^^^^^^^^
oh, and BMW doesnt let the owner change his own oil anymore (unless somehow, you have the special key which is nessisary)
Serious?!? That's soooo ghey. :roll: Why the hell would they do something like that, do they think their owners are too retarded to change the oil or something?
you know the BMW owners would fuck up some how. Or maybe even get their ashcroft dirty... Ata ta ATATATA, my good man what is this OIL change you speak off, isnt their a mexican we can get to do this. :while sipping a martini at 3 PM:

But anyways i would take the CTS-V and trade it for a Z06 as im sure ive said already, i aint got time to wait for 3 other people to put their seatbelts on, yelling at me to slow down, watch out, you cant take a turn that fast. also those 3 extra people will offset my cars handleing and performance capabilities.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:19 PM   #48
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
But anyways i would take the CTS-V and trade it for a Z06 as im sure ive said already, i aint got time to wait for 3 other people to put their seatbelts on, yelling at me to slow down, watch out, you cant take a turn that fast. also those 3 extra people will offset my cars handleing and performance capabilities.
-
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:24 PM   #49
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Ohh and why does everyone say thats its ugly? I like the look. Its more agressive
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #50
coombsie66
Regular User

..... also, how beaten up the press car is when you drive it.
Oh please, the press car handlers and prepers (i know personally the alfa romeo one for britain) would be shot (well probably just sacked) if they provided any of the serious testing mags/programs with a less than fully tweeked, top notch example. Yes it may be covered in scratches and stone chips, but u know that its gunna be sorted mechanically. For example the alfa 147 GTA had its rear antiroll bar changed numerous times to tune the handling for the Top gear test track.

Sorry, but i had to comment on that.

And my opinion on the CTS-V, it does look better in those other pics (dull grey) RC45 provided, but im guessing that aint stock.
So yes for someone looking for a good platform to work on and modify, the CTS-V does seem like a good choice.
But as has been said, the M5 has been out for donkeys now, and watever you say, u know that the new M5 aint far away .
All round super saloon, cruising bruiser M5 gets it imo, modifying platform and sleeper potential, yeah CTS-V. I bet it'll never come to england anyway!
Old 05-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #51
Tomerville
Regular User

Once the tuned CTS V's start hitting the streets, it will became quite clear, that you will need to drop ANOTHER $40,000 on your already expensive AMG or M sedan to run with the "big dog"...
YEAH! thats what im talking about!

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
..... also, how beaten up the press car is when you drive it.
Oh please, the press car handlers and prepers (i know personally the alfa romeo one for britain) would be shot (well probably just sacked) if they provided any of the serious testing mags/programs with a less than fully tweeked, top notch example. Yes it may be covered in scratches and stone chips, but u know that its gunna be sorted mechanically. For example the alfa 147 GTA had its rear antiroll bar changed numerous times to tune the handling for the Top gear test track.

Sorry, but i had to comment on that.

And my opinion on the CTS-V, it does look better in those other pics (dull grey) RC45 provided, but im guessing that aint stock.
So yes for someone looking for a good platform to work on and modify, the CTS-V does seem like a good choice.
But as has been said, the M5 has been out for donkeys now, and watever you say, u know that the new M5 aint far away .
All round super saloon, cruising bruiser M5 gets it imo, modifying platform and sleeper potential, yeah CTS-V. I bet it'll never come to england anyway!
Well - when the C&D guys got hold of the CTS-V to test, instead of getting the leaking rear tyre fixed before they tried to do all their tests, they simply complained about the cars handling and acceleration issues with a leaking rear tyre... :roll:

Couple that level of mental deficiency with these same clowns claiming that "the car wheels spins too much when we turn off traction control and nail the gas" - I doubt they could tell the difference between a well prepped car and a pedal cart.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:26 AM   #53
blah
Regular User

i dont respect C&D or MT for that matter, i do still like Road and Track, but i like edmunds.com alot they seem to have very unbiased reviews on automobiles. I also like MM&FF they can definately drive a car. I also lost all respect for Hot Rod magazine, how can you call yourself a hotrod magazine and only pull off a 13.3 out of a 03 Cobra vs a 13.2 you got on a STi, then the cobra only finish 2 seconds behind the sti on the road course.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:15 AM   #54
Schwalbe

my personal opinion is that the Caddy is a performance bargain and should cater to those after some serious performance with relative practicality , but as for the looks ewwww yukhh it looks like a brick on wheels....
It's false, this CTS-V haves a superb look. Me, I really like the "Edge design style's", this look is aggressive and when the car is painted black, it's like a F-117 Stealth Fighter on wheels.

Couple that level of mental deficiency with these same clowns claiming that "the car wheels spins too much when we turn off traction control and nail the gas" - I doubt they could tell the difference between a well prepped car and a pedal cart.
Haha LOL

It's true, I read this C/D article's call: " Is Cadillac's bad boy really a Bimmer beater?" by the clown Tony Swan . (C/D March 2004). Two essential elements of a good road track test is lacked: 1- a car in perfect condition, and 2- a professional pilot.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:48 PM   #55
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ Yeah, sorry i didnt take into consideration some of the ass clowns they get to review the cars performance.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:45 PM   #56
sameerrao
Regular User

First of all to extract 120 hp from the RS6 for $15 000 would not be a big problem, for the other two I can speak but the Audi will be 120 hp stronger for that amount of money for sure.....
AWE has a kit for the RS6 that gives about 550 hp for $2850

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:33 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
First of all to extract 120 hp from the RS6 for $15 000 would not be a big problem, for the other two I can speak but the Audi will be 120 hp stronger for that amount of money for sure.....
AWE has a kit for the RS6 that gives about 550 hp for $2850
This I do not believe - please provide the link to any performance upgrade for a high performance German engine that pushed power to 550hp for $2850.

I had to go there.. but pics or stfu...

The only inof I have seen is 520 crank HP.. (on a specific car).. let's see the "general trend"..
Old 05-19-2004, 07:45 PM   #58
sameerrao
Regular User

I have seen people quote output between 520 - 550 HP/PS... but 520HP/538 hp is available for under $3000. I don't have the price for 550PS Sportec RS550

AWE tuning - 520hp/538 lb/ft tq
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/rs6/index.cfm

Sportec 550
http://www.mtm-online.de/presseberichte/au_rs6_3.pdf

Old 05-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #59
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
I have seen people quote output between 520 - 550 HP/PS... but 520HP/538 hp is available for under $3000. I don't have the price for 550PS Sportec RS550

AWE tuning - 520hp/538 lb/ft tq
http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/rs6/index.cfm

Sportec 550
http://www.mtm-online.de/presseberichte/au_rs6_3.pdf

Are there many of these cars around?
Old 05-19-2004, 08:16 PM   #60
sameerrao
Regular User

The tuners are still trying to figure out how to unlock all the potential from the RS6 - Its still early days.

Sportec USA does not mention the RS550 on their US website yet...
http://www.tanakusa.com/web2003/sportec_03_a6.htm

For some reason there is a huge price difference between the chip offered in the USA and in Europe. It is much cheaper in the US....

I know for my car - Audi S4, the engine upgrade options and costs are:
1. Stock - 250hp/258lb/ft
2. Stage 1 - (chip only) - 318hp/382lb-ft - $600
3. Stage 2 - (chip + catback exhaust) - Adds about 20 hp + 10 lb/ft - another $1000
4. Stage 3 (Stage 2 + K04 turbos + assoc. plumbing) - 412/482hp - another $6000

So $1800-2000 will give me 70 hp and 130 lb/ft of torque (93 octane) - all from a humble little 2.7 litre engine - I except a whole more from a 4.2 litre in the RS6.