Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 01-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #46
Toronto
Regular User

the gm just said to him, you retire now, or we will say you signed a 3 year contract knowing you had an injury and he would loose all his money

Pallfy did the smart thing, and prob got paid 3mill. under the table and set free.

either way the pens suck balls and would loose to most AHL teams, malkin coming next year isn't going to help them that much,
no D 1 line teams can only do so much (yet atlanta is proving that wrong, but crosby is no Kovalchuk, as Kovalchuk proved when he whipped the floor with crosby in their first game)
Old 01-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #47
Max Power

Pallfy retired from the slovak team too, and his doc didn't recommend him a 3rd surgery...Thibault is done for, and Caron is complete shit, the pens had no choice, although Patrick said that 'the organization was all about winning' and well that's bogus.
...either way if the pens don't get a new arena, well i don't wanna c them move to houston

...kovalchuk is in his 3rd year, crosby is not, the 2nd best player on the pens is maybe Oullet, who's another rookie, Lemieux has heart problems, Gonchar can't play d with the new rules, but hten neither can the rest of the team, Tarnstrom has gotten injured, and all the free agents have been shit up to this point. The pens have Morozov and Malkin to maybe fill in for offence next season, and Fleury is playing great with the worst d, the coach is fine.....and well the management has always been shit, jagr wanted 11 mill and pittsburgh only offered 9.5, and let him go...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #48
Toronto
Regular User

crosby is the most over rated player since Sam Bowie (you might want to look that one up)

Originally Posted by Max Power
...kovalchuk is in his 3rd year, crosby is not... jagr wanted 11 mill and pittsburgh only offered 9.5, and let him go...
Jagr is worth 11 mill. hell forsberg is worth the 11mill he got.

as for kovalchuk
3rd year means nothing, you good no matter what year you play, people have been comparing this guy to kharlamov since he was 16 or younger.

Kovalchuk is better and always will be then crosby any fantasy player knows that
Old 01-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #49
Toronto
Regular User

^^^he is prob. going to be MVP... if you have the money he is worth it. you don't want him on your team? have you seen the guy play he is a beast on the ice, big, fast, one of the best shots, and hands like no-one else

can crosby to this?
http://www.break.com/index/amazinghockeygoal.html
i know he wasn't looking @ the net when he let the puck go.
the fact with years of coaches yell @ you to always keep the puck (i remeber getting yelled when I was like 8) on your stick when driving to the net. and he does that perfect in this goal
Old 01-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #50
Max Power

experience matters, compare kovalchuk's numbers from his rookie year to now, and he had heatley on his line, he's gotten better with every year, so
3rd year means nothing, you good no matter what year you play
is complete bs...lemieux didn't score 200 pts in his first year and neither did wayne. And as for Jagr, he left a hugely stacked team to go to a pos team for an extra 2 mil :fist: , and what is he earning now...

ovechkin has adapted to the league better cause he played the lock out year in the super league against nhlers, and kovalchuk is a pure sniper, typical russian forward

...and y all the crosby hating, he's the only one trying to do anything...that is if u actually seen any of his games
Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 AM   #51
Toronto
Regular User

ya i watch his game today, and he played like a baby
Prucha just owned him
Old 01-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #52
Max Power

Originally Posted by Toronto
ya i watch his game today, and he played like a baby
Prucha just owned him
haha, yet he managed a goal and set up the other one too....

...yet he's got no linemates worthy of talking about, so I still don't understand all your hating...Ovechkin and Crosby are both playing on pos teams and while they're the main threat and facing the #1 d they're still avg more than a pt a game....

but that doesnt stop him from being over rated which he is, i dont see why people cant see that
how is he overrated...because he's suppose to carry the pens like mario, well he's leading his team in every category, i think if anything he's lived up to the hype...and may I just point out that the 4th leading scorer on the team is rick jackman with 24 pts. and one player has more than 10g (Palffy) Mario is not there, Pallfy retired and Recchi plays on the 3rd line. All I'm saying is that him and fleury are the only reasons y Therrien hasn't shot himself yet
plus how can u judge his future nhl career on 47 games...where's the hating for him coming from?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #53
Toronto
Regular User

crosby will never be as good as ovechkin, can you name 5 d, and 5 forwards on was.?
that is the team he is playing on. crosby should be getting more points, but no...

people looking for a 'complete package' Thornton?
and you don't need a 'complete package' look @ orr, kharlamov, gretzky, mario...
all those guys where forwards (yes orr prob. the greatest player, was a D-man but he took more shots on goal then the forwards on his team )

pens = suck untill they move to winnipeg
Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #54
Max Power

man did u even glance at the post...they're both playing on shit teams, and yes Ovechkin is been on a complete tare, but the seeson is not done...and i come back to the fact that ovechkin has played at a higher level before.

and how can u judge anybody on half a season's play, man Sid could break his back tommorow and never play again...

whatever, hopefully nobody is going nowhere, and pens stay in pitt or best case move to Hamilton
Old 01-20-2006, 04:12 PM   #55
Toronto
Regular User

^^ I did look @ your post. and you named name on the pens. could you do the same for was. with out looking it up?

they will never move to hamilton. toronto and buff. won't let it.
their best bet for a big market is winnipeg
Old 01-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #56
Max Power

i don't c a problem with naming somebody, the 2 team stats are both similar, hence i implied they're both shit

both the players are can be easily compared and both are doing well
Old 01-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #57
Toronto
Regular User

the fact is ovechkin has 7 more points, in 3 less games, his team has more wins.
he is better. crosby is over rated to the max.
people said the world junior team will suck and loose to the russians this year with out him, and what happened? he has been hyped of since he was 12 or whatever and never lived up to it, plain and simple.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #58
Max Power

i don't remember saying he's the next great one or what not, besides I prefer Lemieux to Malkin and Malkin to Crosby...the only reason i like the pens is cause of lemieux....i am not hyping up crosby but he's all the pens got.....and if he's the future of the franchise than I am not all that disappointed
Old 01-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #59
Toronto
Regular User

well i never said you where hyping him up, just the mass-media,
but the pens will never be a contender IMO untill the move and get more money/bigger crowds/more fans wanting a cup - and that will take years or a quick move to a canadian city
Old 01-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #60
Max Power

i've never really liked any other team, i don't give a shit about the leafs and well there really isn't any team, that interests me all that much...ottawa looks good but I hate alfredson, so if the pens move, mario retires i'll never forgive the nhl