Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #46
stradale
Regular User

I'm also convinced that these are pictures of the real thing. I think that there have been enough different sources of different pictures to say that it's very likely that this is it.
I'm not complaining, I think it looks fabulous. The front end with those fantastic air intakes in classic 'sharknose' fashion and the sharper headlight units are a great improvement on the design of the 360. The rear turned out better than what I expected, but a 360 with a challenge grille looks more mean and purposeful I think.
Overall, I'd say it's better looking than the 360. The extra power is bound to bring it right up there with the competition as well. Oh, and another thing, I love that F1-style steering wheel with the suspension switch.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #47
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well I like this car but, maybe it will grow on me like the 360, which today is one of the most beautiful cars on earh in my eyes. What I dont like is the front end. The bumper is way to fuzzy to much stuff in there.

What is impressive are the specs. 490bhp, 0-100 in 4, 315km/h top speed! I mean that is fast so far. I think that seccurs the stragiht line battle already. And with all the diff and damper mambo jumbo it will surelly take the curvy stuff very fast.

Lambo, Chevy and Porke have some work to do....oh wait, all of them already released their latest cars
Old 08-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #48
bmagni
Regular User

i really like the car, as jabba says it might be a victim of its own success, in a company like ferrari i think its important to sell but to remain exclusive... so well have to see....

Lambo, Chevy and Porke have some work to do....oh wait, all of them already released their latest cars
i think we have to wait for the new 911 turbo...
Old 08-24-2004, 03:06 PM   #49
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
i really like the car, as jabba says it might be a victim of its own success, in a company like ferrari i think its important to sell but to remain exclusive... so well have to see....

i think we have to wait for the new 911 turbo...
And the C6 Z06 hasn't arrive yet.. Besides - how odd that Ferrari now has to comapre itself to a Chevy (and dont'f forget the Ford GT ) -- that means the boys in Maranello have finally realised... you can't just sell to the Cafe Latte crowd..
Old 08-24-2004, 03:38 PM   #50
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ Are you saying that Chevy is shit basicly? And Ford in that case

And its only the 360 F1s that the Cafe Latte crowd is buying.

575 Is for esspresso drinkers you know
Old 08-24-2004, 03:48 PM   #51
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
/\/\/\ Are you saying that Chevy is shit basicly? And Ford in that case

And its only the 360 F1s that the Cafe Latte crowd is buying.

575 Is for esspresso drinkers you know
8) Master...
Old 08-24-2004, 03:50 PM   #52
ice
Regular User

And the C6 Z06 hasn't arrive yet.. Besides - how odd that Ferrari now has to comapre itself to a Chevy (and dont'f forget the Ford GT ) -- that means the boys in Maranello have finally realised... you can't just sell to the Cafe Latte crowd.. [/quote]

I think you seem to have things mixed up. Ferrari hardly compares itself to the Vette, seeing as how not only are they completely different in terms of execution, but the vette is a third of the price. The Ford GT is great performance wise, but its even less practical then the 360, plus ferrari has not lost any sleep worrying about sales being taken away. A new 360 still has a year wait around here. Plus, the only aspect of drving that the Gt is better at is straight line, and really, who cares if its faster, you buy more then just straight line in these cars.

Ferrari hasnt changed the way its sold cars in about 6 or seven years, its everypone else thats changing. Think about it, whats been the benchmark supercar for the last 10 years, first the 355 then the 360, the 550 then the 575. The list goes on liek that. As of now, no low production company matches ferrari's status, in fact, there fighting to gain some of it.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:02 PM   #53
fedezyl
Regular User

AAAAAAAAAANdd here we go again with the old debate.....lolol

Old 08-24-2004, 04:07 PM   #54
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Ill way till i see the definitive release at the Paris car exhibition, by the way, the pics of it look great, although i prefer the looks of the 360, or the 355...see what happens
Old 08-24-2004, 04:08 PM   #55
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ What old debate? I proved that the Vetter is rubbish. Only a few got some idea that they won that battle.........haha
Old 08-24-2004, 04:11 PM   #56
DeMoN
Regular User

very nice car, once again though, I rather have the concept picture they made.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:29 PM   #57
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! I've been away from JW for a week and look what, I, Ferrari freak, have missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! That has got to be one of the best looking Ferraris ever made!!!!!!!!!

These pics make the mexico/spy photos look like complete shit!!!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:01 PM   #58
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
/\/\/\ What old debate? I proved that the Vetter is rubbish. Only a few got some idea that they won that battle.........haha
Yep - rubbish..

The difference is, that I get to daily drive a car that is faster than a 360 everywhere - straight, stop and turn - not just sit on the side lines like the "deramers" who make a life out of hating
Old 08-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #59
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\ Who said the Vetter is faster is straight, stop and turn......dream on....dream on.............
Old 08-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #60
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ice
Plus, the only aspect of drving that the Gt is better at is straight line, and really, who cares if its faster, you buy more then just straight line in these cars.
Hmm.. that's odd - the only time the GT went up against the 360 at a number of race trcaks around the USA - the 360 was left for dead..

Look - "we" don't mind giving credit where it is due... as the Primadona is an ok car for what it is - but why do the Tifosi have to resort to lies and insults in a war of words..

Just admit the boring nature of the 360's performance in comparison to the rest of the field..
Closed Thread