Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-24-2004, 12:00 PM   #46
coombsie66
Regular User

UPDATE!!:
Right, things have been coming along swimmingly (excuse the pun ) despite the very un-summer like weather we've been experiencing. All the retaining walls around the pool area have been built from ham stone, and brick lights incorprated into them for some nice evening lights. There are also seats set back into the walls for places to perch and dry off! Pump house is built, temporary roof is on (untill we build a summer house/changing rooms above in the future. Inside the pool house we lowered the boiler into place, it is yet to be plumbed in, and the filter is also in there, but also not connected.
Today we started slabbing, this has really brought things together and IMO its starting to look fuckin smart!!! Enjoy :

Old 08-24-2004, 04:22 PM   #47
nthfinity
Regular User

its looking quite good now... im sure its almost seeming worth it now
hopefully the weather holds long enough to enjoy the pool
Old 08-24-2004, 04:46 PM   #48
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ Yeah, hoping and praying that the utterly shite august weather will mean a nice sunny september for me to enjoy my hard work!!
Old 08-24-2004, 05:37 PM   #49
gis
Regular User

nice pics coombsie,looks like everything is coming on great.bet u cant wait to get in there

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:25 AM   #50
geekdiggy
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Ok, I've got some pics of the deck in progress and of the other two finished and semi-finished products hehe...enjoy!

This is the one I built last year and which still needs staining/sealing:

And this is the one from two years ago fully complete:

NIIIIIIIIICE

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:45 PM   #51
coombsie66
Regular User

Right, im sorry to say this is the final update, my summer project has come to an end, and im well pleased, havent swum in it yet as its still a little nippy, and after taking 3 days and nights to fill up, u can imagine its gunna take a bit of heating! Poor boiler!

Anyways heres sum pics.

Liner fitting; this was done the day after my birthday, so wiv a nice fat hangover i could think of nothing more annoying than having to slide about putting in a stupidly thin piece of plastic into the liner lock all the way round the pool, whilst getting the shit burnt out of me by this ridiculously late summer sun we are having! But there were no piercings in it (thank fuck!) and henry the hoover worked hard for 3 days running sucking hte air out from behind the liner whilst we waited for the pool to fill!!

Then i assembled the cover, roller, and towing system. Here is a pic of the towing system, ive never seen one on anyone elses covers, but i can reccomend it, as you dont have to get wet or go see a chiropractor every time you want to put your cover on!! Also the lead edge is floating, so you dont get any water on top of the cover when you put it on.

The pump house innerds, its just missing a few things on the boiler loop which we are waiting for, but the pool water circuit is complete, and filtering the pool water as we speak!!! Its surprising quite how much shit it gets rid off!

And FINALLY, THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO, just wanna swim in it now, and get my head around all this chemical treatment stuff, i dont particularly wanna strip the skin off the first person to get in it!!

Hope you all like it.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:55 PM   #52
topgeartom
Regular User

It looks the bollocks mate. I hope it provides hours of fun, and 'chiling out time' for years to come!
Old 09-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #53
Jabba
Regular User

FUCKING AMAZING !!!

What an achievement...you sure have a lot to be proud of coombsie!

Congratulations and I am sure you will be rewarded for all your hard work and effort by being able to enjoy such a lovely pool.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #54
coombsie66
Regular User

ops: .. Why Thankyou very much jabba, it turned out awrite in the end!
Just gotta find sum hot bitches to make the most of it next summer. (I hope that filter works on bodily fluids! :shock: )
Old 09-09-2004, 01:40 PM   #55
Jabba
Regular User

You may laugh...but I am thinking of moving my pool to a sunnier part of the garden. Seeing yours has made the decision even easier...I think its much much better starting from scratch..when you see the results that you have been able to achieve.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #56
sentra_dude

Great looking pool, make sure when you get those women over to try the pool out, you have your camera ready.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #57
callen
Regular User

Fantastic result coombsie! makes things a whole lot easier(and less expensive) when u can do the work urself. great look for the pool i like the semi circle stairs
Old 09-09-2004, 02:27 PM   #58
stradale
Regular User

Very cool coombsie! That looks brilliant, especially since I've seen the pictures of the work in progress as well. Then the final outcome looks even more beautiful. 8)

Hats off to you, mate.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:47 PM   #59
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
You may laugh...but I am thinking of moving my pool to a sunnier part of the garden. Seeing yours has made the decision even easier...I think its much much better starting from scratch..when you see the results that you have been able to achieve.
From the so called 'pool companies' (2 kevs in a transit with no clue!) that my dad has come accross in buisness at various jobs i'd say that it is indeed very important to have seen the whole build of the pool, and known exactly what is under everything!
The sun spot factor is very important as you said, ours gets it all day, just in the late evening past about 6pm the house casts a shadow over the actual pool, but the corner of the patio is a great little sun trap till it sets!

Very cunning of you jabba, waiting for a JW member to pioneer the pool build just prior to you moving yours.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:35 PM   #60
adamwich
Regular User

it looks very nice.. I also want a Pool!!!!!