Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-13-2005, 06:30 AM   #46
MIHALS
Regular User

and how about to send those files by icq to someone else to try it?

I mean, I can do it for ya
Old 08-13-2005, 07:10 AM   #47
dingo
Regular User

I will try it once more with another online hosting place, but if that doesn't work we'll do it through MSN - although that is usually very slow for me. :bah:
Old 08-13-2005, 07:14 AM   #48
pzgren
Regular User

Hey Dingo...... this is absolutely mindblowing! It's really great that you had to join an event like this. i think this is a once in a lifetime thing. but you're now in and maybe you'll have the chance to join this next year to.

thx for sharing the pics. you made some really very good shots, most of them can be used for wallpapers - exellenct work dude!!!!

i look forward to see and hear the cars
Old 08-13-2005, 07:29 AM   #49
MIHALS
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
I will try it once more with another online hosting place, but if that doesn't work we'll do it through MSN - although that is usually very slow for me. :bah:
ok. try it and let me know ... but I've got just 3 hours left today - then I'm going to work. or you can try ARMAN in the evening (European time)
Old 08-13-2005, 07:32 AM   #50
dingo
Regular User

Thanks for the offer - but its working now with sendmefile.com

Here are the Friday pictures - http://www.sendmefile.com/00044785

others to follow.....
Old 08-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #51
MIHALS
Regular User

:good: :Fade-color :flasingsmile: :scatter:

HOOOOOORAYYYYY - THANX

and now I can do this:

FIRST :prr: D/Ling now
Old 08-13-2005, 07:38 AM   #52
Wutputt
Regular User

Damn, Dingo, you did it, you killed me
Those pics are just A-W-E-S-O-M-E, and they only are a tiny reflection of what you've experienced. I think you will remeber every second of this journey even after 50 years!!!

And your ride in a 360 CS, man, am I dead-jealous!!

I've to go now, I'll write my full comments down, when I've watched all the pics.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #53
dingo
Regular User

Ok, all the pics are now uploaded as RAR files so you can download them that way.

FRIDAY: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044785
SATURDAY PART 1: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044845
SATURDAY PART 2: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044849
SUNDAY: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044816
MONDAY: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044838

Originally Posted by Wutputt
Damn, Dingo, you did it, you killed me
Those pics are just A-W-E-S-O-M-E, and they only are a tiny reflection of what you've experienced. I think you will remeber every second of this journey even after 50 years!!!

And your ride in a 360 CS, man, am I dead-jealous!!

I've to go now, I'll write my full comments down, when I've watched all the pics.
I agree, its hard to get out of my mind now so I hope I still have that problem in 50yrs.

I thought riding in cars at 300kph+ would be the highlight - but actually driving the CS (even at 170kph) definately topped that for me.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #54
MIHALS
Regular User

and now

FIRST again :prr:

THANK YOU for all those amazing pics Dingo!!! enjoy your experience!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #55
Wutputt
Regular User

Ok, all the pics are now uploaded as RAR files so you can download them that way.

FRIDAY: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044785
SATURDAY PART 1: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044845
SATURDAY PART 2: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044849
SUNDAY: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044816
MONDAY: http://www.sendmefile.com/00044838
Thanks for offering!!

I really like the pics a lot. Some sexy cars, a beautiful scenery and some perfect angles. A recipe for high quality pics!!

Normally I only take one winning pic, but this time I just couldn't decide and I had pick out a lot of them as winner

And how about you tell us in detail about your 360CS drive? We want to know everything about it Tell us all about the thrills and spills of that car How did it feel? Did you hate the flappy paddle automated manual tranny?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:41 AM   #56
dingo
Regular User

And how about you tell us in detail about your 360CS drive? We want to know everything about it Tell us all about the thrills and spills of that car How did it feel? Did you hate the flappy paddle automated manual tranny?
Sure (any excuse to talk about it )!

I actually quite liked the 'flappy paddle' gearbox - its probably more a novelty thing and feeling like a race driver but it felt good. I obviously didn't do any high-speed 'track-like' driving so I didn't test it properly, but for the duration of my drive I had no complaints about it. Also, I have nothing to compare it against, as the only other paddle-shift I've driven was an MR2 Spyder about 4yrs ago...

The acceleration was stunning, at one stage I was sitting on 120kph (in 6th gear) and the owner said drop it a couple and boot it - so down to 4th I went and thats when I got it to my max of 170kph. It got there so effortlessly and quickly - and the sound it makes while doing it is just intoxicating!

While just cruising at 110 in 6th the car is actually suprisingly quiet, and could easily be done for very long distances. However if you get the revs up to the point where the bypass valves open then you'll get a headache pretty soon.......but man is it nice!

I also learnt about how to start and reverse the car - something I wasn't exactly sure about before driving it. Also I realised that once started and sitting in 1st gear the car will not roll forward when you take the foot of the brake - you actually need to depress the accelerater to get moving.

The brakes didn't get a workout from me, so not much to say on them.

I didn't find the seats all that comfortable, but would be something I could live with.....if I ever get one of my own.

Hope all that made sense, I start to waffle when I bring back the memories.....any other questions then just ask away.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #57
Wutputt
Regular User

Thanks for your 360 CS driving experience report; Dingo

You probably did not do any burnouts with it I guess?
Old 08-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #58
dingo
Regular User

Thanks for your 360 CS driving experience report; Dingo

You probably did not do any burnouts with it I guess?
Haha, definately not! (the drive would have ended very quickly) It would have been nice to test out the LC though - but the owner wasn't 100% sure of how to do it....

The journalist from MOTOR (the one doing burnouts in the Monaro) regularly asked the supercar owners if he could do a burnout in their cars - but was turned down everytime.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #59
sikx5
Regular User

Thank you for the Zip Files and all, Great work dude!

Amazing shots man, im glad you had so much fun driving the CS, The owner sounds very nice! and hes in QLD too, and i havent even seen that car on the road!! DAMN IT!!

Im going up to noosa tommorow...testing out the new suspension hopefully have some nice pics to show you guys.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #60
MIHALS
Regular User

Sure (any excuse to talk about it )!

I actually quite liked the 'flappy paddle' gearbox - its probably more a novelty thing and feeling like a race driver but it felt good. I obviously didn't do any high-speed 'track-like' driving so I didn't test it properly, but for the duration of my drive I had no complaints about it. Also, I have nothing to compare it against, as the only other paddle-shift I've driven was an MR2 Spyder about 4yrs ago...

The acceleration was stunning, at one stage I was sitting on 120kph (in 6th gear) and the owner said drop it a couple and boot it - so down to 4th I went and thats when I got it to my max of 170kph. It got there so effortlessly and quickly - and the sound it makes while doing it is just intoxicating!

While just cruising at 110 in 6th the car is actually suprisingly quiet, and could easily be done for very long distances. However if you get the revs up to the point where the bypass valves open then you'll get a headache pretty soon.......but man is it nice!

I also learnt about how to start and reverse the car - something I wasn't exactly sure about before driving it. Also I realised that once started and sitting in 1st gear the car will not roll forward when you take the foot of the brake - you actually need to depress the accelerater to get moving.

The brakes didn't get a workout from me, so not much to say on them.

I didn't find the seats all that comfortable, but would be something I could live with.....if I ever get one of my own.

Hope all that made sense, I start to waffle when I bring back the memories.....any other questions then just ask away.
pretty nice review . have some more highlights? You reminded me, when I sat into the started F430 on the street. I was quite scared to even tuch the + gear paddle to not start rolling .... did you have swet hands, shaking, and all that excited stuff?