Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 06-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #46
TT
Regular User

Hehe, I guess at La Gruyère the cars will be parked in one of the bottom areas, if everything goes well there should be a big amount of Lambo, so if you can take your girl there, I am sure she will enjoy. Saturday all the cars will be at the Saanen airstrip in the morning and then they will go for a drive
Yes one day I'd like to help Andre take his cars for a spin, but usually he is happy enough to take just the one he can drive himself and let the others home
Anyway you can go at his petrol station whenever you want, you will basically always find him and he has nothing against ppl drooling over his cars

As for the supercars owners' fear matter, there is another annoying thing: car nuts with no respect or little respect. I see so many ppl always trying to touch nice cars, pop the doors open, look inside the cabin, take pictures while laying on the bonnet and more! I NEVER touch a car, NEVER! I know it is nice to appreciate it from upclose, but well, if it isn't mine, I prefer to stay away, take my pics and enjoy it withouth risking to scratch or whatever.

On a side note, congrats, you have a very fine lady! And the fact she loves nice cars is great! Sadly whenever I am out on a mission, I need to let mine home since she doesn't really give a fuck

Ok I am off, it's time to take her home, hoping she won't be late, so I won't be late for our "rendez-vous"

L8r!!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #47
dingo
Regular User

have fun together boys, hopefully I will get to read the full report in 8hrs time when I get up.

Originally Posted by TT

As for the supercars owners' fear matter, there is another annoying thing: car nuts with no respect or little respect. I see so many ppl always trying to touch nice cars, pop the doors open, look inside the cabin, take pictures while laying on the bonnet and more! I NEVER touch a car, NEVER! I know it is nice to appreciate it from upclose, but well, if it isn't mine, I prefer to stay away, take my pics and enjoy it withouth risking to scratch or whatever.
I agree completely, they ruin it for us car nuts who actually have some respect and keep our distance.

I often am so concerned about taking pics that I 'forget' to actually have a closer look at the car....
Old 06-09-2005, 11:22 AM   #48
Shinigami
Regular User

Yeah, people touching a car tick me off too...

Remember all the finger prints on my door? And last weekend I drove to a night club in GVA and the 'chauffeurs' drove my car right up to the door (I guess at this point I should put my 'pimp hat' on), and then one of them proceeds to lean against my car. ARGH >_<

No scratches tho', so I guess I need to thank MB and their new nano-paint.

Also, last weekend, I went over to the Bussigny media markt to buy a DVD, and they had a few nice cars (Porsche Turbo 3 and Viper SRT-10) on display. And I was like, wow! Then suddenly these 4 (very skimpy dressed) chicks come up to 'pose' by the cars. Sorry, I mean ON TOP OF the cars. And they didn't do just this, they began washing the cars with dirty towels and sponges, and all the while I was watching at the show with horror in my eyes, the only thing going on through my head was "those poor, poor cars and their paint!!!". They were full of scratches swirls at the end of the whole deal.

Ok, so the chicks might have been hot, plus the 'washing' scenario might have been seen as a sexy affair with wet swimsuits and so on, but I just couldn't think of the... hmmm, bewbies when watching the carnage going on :\

I think sometimes I have my priorities the wrong way around
Old 06-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #49
sikx5
Regular User

Awesome machine you have there mate, Cant wait to see some more shots!

You and TT have really hit it off, Should provide for some entertaining pics...car pics....

Once again nice car mate, and glad to see you have a girl who appreciates cars as much as you do, rare breed they seem to be.

8)
Old 06-09-2005, 12:55 PM   #50
TT
Regular User

TT is back
TT is :shock:
TT is
TT doesn't want to drive his E36 anymore!
TT wants to buy an SLK55 right now!
Old 06-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #51
saadie
Regular User

lol .... TT going insane
Old 06-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #52
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
TT is back
TT is
Damn nice car that SLK 55 AMG I guess..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:40 PM   #53
Shinigami
Regular User

But TT forgets one thing, his car can seat 4 or 5, mine can only take two (well, maybe three if you get two chicks to squeeze on top).

Hope ya enjoyed the ride, can't wait to see the pics you took because my photographic skills are waaaaay basic and your have more quality =)

sikx5: yes, car pics naturally. You don't wanna see my ugly old face, hehe.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #54
430csjj
Regular User

Thats really nice!! Theres a black one that lives near me, evil.
430csjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #55
Wutputt
Regular User

Shinri, nice to see another dedicated car nut to arrive at JW. You'll defenitely like it around here. Great to hear your willing to share your passion with other petrol heads. I bet TT had an awesome ride.

Great ride you have, lovely sounding engine

Originally Posted by dingo
Originally Posted by TT

I agree completely, they ruin it for us car nuts who actually have some respect and keep our distance.
I agree for 200%. It's sometomes so aweful to see some people not respecting cars. I also never touch a car that isn't mine unless I have to get into it

Originally Posted by TT
TT is back
TT is
So we should add a SLK 55 AMG to list of possible TT birthday presents?
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #56
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
TT is back
TT is
wohooooo, way to goo shinri, you've converted a BMW fan, I thank you for that 8)

Respect the star...................lol

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 03:11 PM   #57
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
wohooooo, way to goo shinri, you've converted a BMW fan
Who knows... lol

My friend with an M3 did tell me that after experiencing my car, he preferred it over his E46. So I guess the SLK is not all that bad a car. But to each their own, opinions vary too much between humans that it's ridiculous to begin fighting about it
Old 06-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #58
TT
Regular User

You definitely can add the SLK to my birthday presents list

I am a BMW fan, true, but first of all I love cars, period! For a while in the past I thought AMG cars are just a big engine with a car around it. Well, wrong the SLK seems such a great package! In the passenger seat you are constantly abused and pressed hard against it! Let's say from 0 to 100 kmh you can't really tell if there is a difference with a Modena or even a Murcielago actually. Yes the sound, but that's all, the shove is the same if took in isolation IMO! It's really that good!
As for the experience in the other seat, well, the only other sportcar I drove so far is my uncle's 996 C4, it's fast and of course behind it's wheel I feel a bit more at ease since it's still a car owned by a family member and not just a VERY generous owner, but still, the SLK feels better in every way! The 996 sound sadly is probably the worse a 911 ever had, much improved with the 997 luckily, steering feel, gearchanges (a tiptronic) or performance seems definitely better on the Merc!
The sound :roll: you gotta love it! If you won't there must be something wrong in your ears!

A will never be able to thank Shinri enough! I am starting to sound boring I bet, but when you meet a person that nice, you just have to be thankfull!
I am so happy you found out about JW dude! I hope you will stay around because members like you are valuable! And I am not talking about possible rides only a nice person is a nice person, period

As for the pics, as you might have guessed, I am not that kind of guy who shoot 100 pics every 5 minutes, so there aren't many, but I hope you will like them, and whenever you find a good location and want some pics to be taken, you PM or SMS me and I will be up for it

THANKS!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:37 PM   #59
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
I hope you will stay around because members like you are valuable! And I am not talking about possible rides only a nice person is a nice person, period
Thanks TT, good to hear kind words, and you can bet I'll stay around!

I haven't posted much in the other threads yet, I've been busy reading and looking at all the pics

I'm also a BIG car fan, so this is jus the kind of place to catch my interest and hold me in a tight grip *thumbs up*

P.S. Thanks for the pics, I love 'em, definitely better then I can take! *big, big grin*
Old 06-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #60
dingo
Regular User

Glad to hear you guys had a great time, and very generous of you Shinri to let TT drive the car - what a great guy

Now I will cross my fingers that a (nice) car owner here will out about JW too - maybe I should leave a 'business card' of JW on the windows of all the cars I take pics of??