Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-23-2005, 02:13 AM   #46
noliebro
Regular User

i agree, this car is incredible, and i hate chevy, i wish they would put some of this kind of work into their other cars, seems like they spent all the budget making this thing, LOL, lets hope the 2007 camaro will be a good one.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:52 AM   #47
RC45
Regular User

Amazing how many people wouldn't give the C5 Z06 the time of day, but now it is fashionable to rave about this new one..

It only has 500 crank hp and weighs the same as the current car...

Besides it's kinda ugly. hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:56 AM   #48
Global Warming
Regular User

Personally I find it a little offensive that this thread I started in “Car Chat” got sent off in its own little “American Muscle” section…

What the hell does “American Muscle” mean anyway?? Ferrari, Koenigsegg, etc. don’t have Muscle?

There are tons of Ferrari and Porsche threads in "car chat"… just look…

That have not been sent to SFDMALEX”Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!”

Or the –
The JW Porsche Expert That Has Even Driven The CGT ! - thread

The Z06 is the biggest GM car in decades but it’s still not good enough for “Car Chat”. Oh well I guess I will get banned for this…

Sorry just an observation..
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:12 AM   #49
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Amazing how many people wouldn't give the C5 Z06 the time of day, but now it is fashionable to rave about this new one..

It only has 500 crank hp and weighs the same as the current car...

Besides it's kinda ugly. hehe
Don't worry RC, we all understand ur need to justify you buy
7.0L dry sump V8 is something to die for when it comes in stock ....

Hemisphere: Don't worry....banning only comes when specific rules are violated. (There's no such promise for flaming ) But I do agree your point about the muscle..
Old 06-23-2005, 03:14 AM   #50
T-Bird
Regular User

well putting it in the American Muscle forum isn't a bad thing by any means it's just where you put these kind of topics ie topics specificly about american cars.
And American Muscle is just a term dude chill out you know the term Muscle Car well it started here in America so it is called American Muscle. back in the 60's we were pretty much the only ones shoehorning big ass engines in small packages makeing ass loads of power (for the times)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:00 AM   #51
Global Warming
Regular User

I beg your pardon, I started this thread in “Car Gallery” which was totally appropriate!… Just look at all those Ferrari threads not questered to their own existing section… I'm not an American fan boy, far from it, I drive a Honda... but

Seriously what the hell?!? The 2006 Z06 is a MAJOR international interest!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:04 AM   #52
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
I beg your pardon, I started this thread in “Car Gallery” which was totally appropriate!… Just look at all those Ferrari threads not questered to their own existing section… I'm not an American fan boy, far from it, I drive a Honda... but

Some get missed but there's no reason to bitch about it, I mean the topic is about an "American Icon" so it seems appropriate to me. That's like what's his name that kept posting that huge ass post about this topic belongs in Porsche Central yada yada yada everytime it wasn't in there. yeah it may strike international interest but so did the new Mustang but those topics are all in American Muscle.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #53
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere

This is American Muscle and stays the fukc right here

If you wanna go off discussing about some latte sipping hairdresser pleasing f-car - you know where the logout button is
Old 06-23-2005, 09:20 AM   #54
SFDMALEX
Regular User

If you wanna go off discussing about some latte sipping hairdresser pleasing f-car - you know where the logout button is
well Im sorry, but afaik Ill see plenty of these at starbucks too. Doesnt it come with a cup holder?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:57 AM   #55
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
well Im sorry, but afaik Ill see plenty of these at starbucks too. Doesnt it come with a cup holder?
Actually - yes it does - a notoriously useless cup holder that is only good for some toll way change and a pack of condoms...

hehe
Old 06-23-2005, 05:17 PM   #56
godspeed06
Regular User

this car looks so much better than the c5. you guys have to be kidding, the c5 was huge and looks way too bulbous compared to the smaller, sleaker, more angular c6... and the c6 doesnt have air brakes on the hood either... ive never understood pop up headlights...
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:27 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
this car looks so much better than the c5. you guys have to be kidding, the c5 was huge and looks way too bulbous compared to the smaller, sleaker, more angular c6...
Complete matter of opinion - I find the C1 ugly, the C2 bizarre, the C3 beautiful, the C4 far too 80's, the C5 perfect and the C6 trying too hard to be what it is not - A eurotrash car.

and the c6 doesnt have air brakes on the hood either... ive never understood pop up headlights...
A couple things come to mind - when you deploy your headlights, you are trying to enhance your ability to see, which in and of itself must mean you are driving in less than perfect driving conditions and would have adjusted your speed to suite the conditions i.e. you would have slowed down - so ultimate top speed from low drag is irrelevant.

Trust me - I have 56,741,563 more replies to justify every shape nuance and feature of why the C5 is as about as close to perfection as you can get.

But can easily substitute one image for all thos words:

Try as you might - you will never find any image of the C6 from any angle that looks as complete as this.

Every view of the C6 has some nagging design compromise - the tail looks chopped off, the nose look all gawky and smiley, the lights look awkward, the Z06 brake ducts are out of place, the bulbous rear window looks station wagon like and the out of place Cadillac XLR haunches and waist are just plain ugly

Now the C6 Z06 goes like hell - but most likely that's because it's trying to outrun it's own reflection.... hehehe
Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #58
godspeed06
Regular User

that picture is a great example of one of the design flaws i just could never get over with the c5. the front air vent just looks BAD. its looks too "soft" and doesnt flow with the rest of the car. its just seems out of place and and its too much. i think it detracts from the lines of the car. the front vent is probably what i dislike the most about the c5, i dont know what it is, but it just doesnt look right. pretty much every other supercar in the world incorporates its vents better than that one. besides that though, its is a handsome car. i just think that the c6 is a step in the right direction.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #59
RC45
Regular User

i just think that the c6 is a step in the right direction.
A step in what direction? For the car to look more like a Ferrai? To look more like a Viper? To look more like an NSX?

The car has it's own unique identity and has been around as a single model longer than any other sports car in the world.

Why does everyone keep insisting it should "look like the way the others did it"?

And BTW, we don't call them "air vents" - they are gills... thank you very much.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:53 PM   #60
godspeed06
Regular User

my sincerest apologies... "gills". as far as looking like those previously mentioned cars, i dont think it does at all. the c6 has vette written all over it and i dont think it could ever be mistaken for anything else (and i wouldnt want it to be). as far as dimensions, the c6 is closer in size to the original vette i do believe. in that respect the c5 was straying from the original idea of the corvette. it was too big and GT'ish.