Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 12:45 PM   #46
Cornutu
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Dont forget it still costs more than the Enzo does now and think how much a million dollars would have been worth ten years ago and how many Enzo's you could buy with it now.
A. I like the enzo more and agree with what you have said.
B. This true, however that is if you go by the price from ferrari. The enzos are going for 1 million to 1.3 million U.S.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:56 PM   #47
®™▪▪Łчяί
Regular User

does ne1 know were to get the whole thing, plz

Sniff...Sniff I Cant Get That Car Sniff...Sniff...

It's So Good Its Better Than Any Current Ferrari(Lambo Murcielago), But Astonishingly It's not as Good as The Zonda, This is The New King Of SUPERCARS - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 02-28-2004, 12:56 PM   #48
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

I'm really starting to wonder... Why does the McLaren cost over 200k more than the Enzo? They are both made of carbon fiber, both are made by hand (it takes 21 days to make an Enzo). But the Enzo has a much more advanced engine (derived from a real F1 engine), has a semi-automatic 'box which is very expensive, it has carbon-ceramic brakes and has much more technologically advanced on-board systems, ect., ect.... it seems to me that the Enzo should cost more than the McLaren. The only thing the Enzo doesn't have is the 24karat gold in the engine bay... a lousy reason for spending 200 grand more on a car...
Old 02-28-2004, 01:01 PM   #49
®™▪▪Łчяί
Regular User

Originally Posted by Cornutu
Dont forget it still costs more than the Enzo does now and think how much a million dollars would have been worth ten years ago and how many Enzo's you could buy with it now.
A. I like the enzo more and agree with what you have said.
B. This true, however that is if you go by the price from ferrari. The enzos are going for 1 million to 1.3 million U.S.
Yeh but the McLaren F1 may be expensive but McLaren didn't get a penny of profit, and if you think of the materials gordan murray used , i mean like pure gold for the engine bay and a titanium gearbox, plus its really practical, and if u do but it 2nd hand McLaren will do evrything in their will to make it as good as new, plus even if the just tightened a screw somewhere on the car, they'll give your new McLaren F1 a 4 hour valet

Sniff...Sniff I Cant Get That Car Sniff...Sniff...

It's So Good Its Better Than Any Current Ferrari(Lambo Murcielago), But Astonishingly It's not as Good as The Zonda, This is The New King Of SUPERCARS - Jeremy Clarkson
Old 02-28-2004, 04:11 PM   #50
Anonymous

exactly, try asking ferrari to spruce up your enzo and u get a big, YEAH SURE in italian.

everyone that thinks the Mac F1 isn't the best car ever is just plain gay. its like the woman of your dreams, she does everything, good personality so u dont get bored, good fuck so your dick dont get bored, good cook so u stay full and happy.

thats what a Mac F1 is in the car world, minus the pms every month.

even your perfect woman will have that

Old 02-28-2004, 05:39 PM   #51
Cornutu
Regular User

Originally Posted by aggrivated man
exactly, try asking ferrari to spruce up your enzo and u get a big, YEAH SURE in italian.

everyone that thinks the Mac F1 isn't the best car ever is just plain gay. its like the woman of your dreams, she does everything, good personality so u dont get bored, good fuck so your dick dont get bored, good cook so u stay full and happy.

I still stand with the Enzo over the F1 despite the attention to detail in the F1. Above both of those I am going with the F50.

Also about your signature, Are you a zapatista or something?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:51 PM   #52
Jabba
Regular User

I guess I am gay then according to your little rant as I think its one of the most boring looking "supercars" that has ever been built.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #53
bmwfreak
Regular User

I guess I am gay then according to your little rant as I think its one of the most boring looking "supercars" that has ever been built.
To each his own. I think it might be boring to Jabba because the shape of the Macca is supposedly the definitive shape of what a supercar should look like. Definitive here meaning, well, been there done that, seen it all.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
Old 02-29-2004, 11:46 AM   #54
Gnome
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gnome
[quote The McLaren is the only supercar you can go shopping in. It's unique!
Not true...I used to use my 355 GTS as a daily driver for over two years and a 348 TS for the previous two...before that a lotus esprit....

I have also been on many shopping trips in the diablo to pick up various electrical items, food, several drive through mcdonalds, several pizza restaurants, several burger king drive throughs, several more pizza restaurants (for research purposes), several Ferrari dealers shopping for some future cars....I guess it depends if you are classing these as supercars though........
I would say that the Ferrari 300's are more sportscars than supercars. I'm sure you can have some luggage in other supercars, but I _think_ the F1 has way more space than any competitor + three seats.

Anyway, this was just a reason a F1 fan might use. I'm not sure what I think. They're both great, and I'll (sadly?) never have to make that choice myself...
Old 02-29-2004, 12:33 PM   #55
gucom
Regular User

I'm really starting to wonder... Why does the McLaren cost over 200k more than the Enzo? They are both made of carbon fiber, both are made by hand (it takes 21 days to make an Enzo). But the Enzo has a much more advanced engine (derived from a real F1 engine), has a semi-automatic 'box which is very expensive, it has carbon-ceramic brakes and has much more technologically advanced on-board systems, ect., ect.... it seems to me that the Enzo should cost more than the McLaren. The only thing the Enzo doesn't have is the 24karat gold in the engine bay... a lousy reason for spending 200 grand more on a car...
-well 1st of all how does the Enzo have an F1 derivated engine? F1 cars have 3L V10s, the Enzo has a 6L V12
-2nd of all, the F1 has magnesium wheels which cost a small fortune
-The F1 has infinetely better build quality than the Enzo, the F1 has the best build quality of any hypercar.

He is totally both anti Ferrari and Schumacher and any credit he does give them you can tell is very begrudgingly given through gritted teeth.

On the other hand he seems to think that the sun shines out of DC'S ass and from the Mclaren head-quarters...I wonder if that could be due to the fact he is DC'S manager....one things for sure though....looks like DC'S following in Brundles footsteps as he hardly wins anything these days
jabba if u look juss a little iny tiny bit critcal at ur own posts about McLaren and Ferrari, u will c ur no better than he is

I agree that the Mclaren is alittle over rated. Its top speed is fucking awesome, but when you see it going around a track, it leans and pitches a lot. Its not that close to the ground. Its more of an all-around hypercar. The F50 or Enzo would get my vote as the best hypercar.
the F1 was not meant for the track but for the road, whereas the F50 or Enzo seem to be made as racecars with minimal modifications to get it a license plate,different goals, not really comparable. Try the F1 LM if u want a hypercar in the same spirit if the F50/Enzo

I agree that the Mclaren is alittle over rated. Its top speed is fucking awesome, but when you see it going around a track, it leans and pitches a lot. Its not that close to the ground. Its more of an all-around hypercar. The F50 or Enzo would get my vote as the best hypercar.
well actually i read in a magazine scan here on JW about 1 guy who uses his F1 every day

owh 1 final comment, calling sum1 gay for having an other opinion than u about a car, thats really gay.
Taste is personal, especially about looks, theres no use in argumenting about that.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:34 PM   #56
gucom
Regular User

owh and i forgot, the F1 is alot smaller than the Enzo, making it more usable on twisty roads, the ultiamte place to enjoy a hypercar IMO
Old 02-29-2004, 07:05 PM   #57
Chingachgook
Regular User

And the handling isn't that great. Take a Noble and in a twisty road the Mecca is destroyed by a car built between England and South Africa. The standard McLaren is exciting to look at as a Mercedes, The only one I liek is the LM, with superb detailing and a real jaw dropping look. But I repeat, and F50 is much more a jewel, someting words can't explain. It's slower on the straight, but it's faster on cornering, and IMO more exciting. What's best of sitting inside a real road-going race car with a real F1 engine at the back?
Old 02-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #58
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmwfreak
I think it might be boring to Jabba because the shape of the Macca is supposedly the definitive shape of what a supercar should look like.
According to a computer and wind tunnel yes it probably is...but then again probably the worlds best looking and sexiest car ever made would do the worst under this type of testing....The Lamborghini Miura....a car the actually makes my mouth wet when I stare at it and actually appears to already be going fast even when its standing still...its the rear part of the car and the wheels that do it for me...it is the ultimate...the mclaren may have gold in it...but the miura has something even better...BLOOD...and that I wouldn't expect any mclaren people to understand....

Old 02-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #59
TT
Regular User

How, I have to second that! For sure there is no other supercar able to even approach a Miura without having to be ashamed.. and nobody will ever be able to create something better than that!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:13 PM   #60
Jabba
Regular User

A cold and character less clinical machine based on perfection that has a heart of gold with an engine from another car manufacturer and a modem to chat to its mainframe parents....thank goodness....man will always overcome machine...and good will always overcome EVIL...and there will NEVER be another hideous creation like this again.

Closed Thread