Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:16 AM   #631
shockwave racing
Regular User

well yeah the obvious choice is that he got it from here... but he only posted the one video so it makes me think that he may have picked it up from another forum...
shockwave racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:56 PM   #632
AlienDB7
Regular User

Couple of new videos about north american spec'ed euro cars on draak's webspace:
MotorWeek - 2005 Lotus Elise (US Spec).avi 20.1M
Motoring 2004 - 2004 Mercedes-Benz Smart Car (Canadian Spec).avi 20:47 20.7M

So, don't think we only like driving huge ass tanks around town. We like small cars too! I can't wait to see the review of the smart roadster coupe
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:45 PM   #633
yg60m
Regular User

Thank you again Alien and i am sure you like small cars too, GM even produce a Hummer H2 : smaller than the H1
Old 05-23-2004, 02:04 AM   #634
ngudan
Regular User

Appreciate the new videos - awesome cars. I'm really digging the video quality.

Oh, and the Elise is even raw-er then before.. can they do that? heh

Alien: I've come across a smart roadster in person. They look and sound absolutely brilliant (or cute?)!

D.K.D.N
ngudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #635
1zippo1
Regular User

Thanks AlienDB7!!! Great vids. I've watched both.

I was surprised that they liked the smart so much. Well I suppose it's good at what it's ment to be for, but not my kind of car

The Elise is allways impressive and this review was certainly one of the better American carreviews yet IMO.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:46 PM   #636
shockwave racing
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Couple of new videos about north american spec'ed euro cars on draak's webspace:
MotorWeek - 2005 Lotus Elise (US Spec).avi 20.1M
Motoring 2004 - 2004 Mercedes-Benz Smart Car (Canadian Spec).avi 20:47 20.7M

So, don't think we only like driving huge ass tanks around town. We like small cars too! I can't wait to see the review of the smart roadster coupe

i wouldn't mind seeing a video of a couple of overweight americans squeeze themselves into that little Smart... would be quite a laugh...

and yet again i say thank you... i missed AMS yesterday so i have no idea what was on it... will have to wait for your videos to see what i missed out on...
Old 05-23-2004, 02:50 PM   #637
AlienDB7
Regular User

The Smart review is from Canada, not America. As you can see, the reviewer isn't that fat. We have more expensive gas so generally we drive "slightly" smaller cars. The americans won't get the Smart for another few years and the roadster won't even be available. For the last couple of years, we've been getting quite a few cars exclusive to Canada.... from the Acura EL (civic clone) to a few hatchbacks.

Don't worry zippo, there'll be a few sports car reviews coming up in a few hours, stay tuned!

This week's AMS is sort of following the small car theme:
Comparison Test: Smart ForFour – Citroën C3
Report: What Happens in a Convertible When Lightning Strikes?
Drive Report: The New Audi A6
Cult: A Confessional on Wheels
Classics: The Steiger Sportscar 10/50

If I don't get any response, I'll just encode (assuming the time recording is working) the Smart/C3, convertible and A6 videos.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:27 PM   #638
1zippo1
Regular User

This week's AMS is sort of following the small car theme:
Comparison Test: Smart ForFour – Citroën C3
Report: What Happens in a Convertible When Lightning Strikes?
Drive Report: The New Audi A6
Cult: A Confessional on Wheels
Classics: The Steiger Sportscar 10/50

If I don't get any response, I'll just encode (assuming the time recording is working) the Smart/C3, convertible and A6 videos.
Good idea, those 3 sound interesting!!

Don't like the C3 but I would like to know more about the ForFour. I'm actually currently working (doing my internship) in the IT department that is resposible for the car transportation firm HN and for the factory in Born (The Netherlands) where they produce the ForFour together with the new Mitsubishi Colt.

Thanks in advance for your effort AlienDB7!!
Old 05-23-2004, 04:35 PM   #639
draak666
Regular User

Thanks TT and shockwave racing for your concern. I was on holiday from wednesday on, so I only just read your posts. Luckily I can reassure you that bandwith on my webpage (as opposed to my traffic at home ) is unlimited. My site is on since the Racingflix-days so I guess a whole lot of people know it by now. I am however thinking of renaming it, so that I won't draw too much attention from my provider. Of course, I will post the new name here when I do so.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #640
AlienDB7
Regular User

Zippo, you sure got a very interest internship. Much better than mine, although I'm still enjoying it very much

Welcome back draak! Hope you had a fun week. Again, thanks zippo and draak for providing us with the webspace and most importantly, the bandwidth!

Just noticed this thread has more than 17,000 views :shock:
Old 05-23-2004, 05:23 PM   #641
1zippo1
Regular User

Zippo, you sure got a very interest internship. Much better than mine, although I'm still enjoying it very much

Welcome back draak! Hope you had a fun week. Again, thanks zippo and draak for providing us with the webspace and most importantly, the bandwidth!

Just noticed this thread has more than 17,000 views :shock:
That is indeed a lot, but not a big surprise to me considering the amount and the quality of videos you post
Old 05-23-2004, 05:53 PM   #642
draak666
Regular User

True
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #643
shockwave racing
Regular User

nah those videos seem to be quite good... especially looking forward to the A6 review...
Old 05-24-2004, 06:40 AM   #644
AlienDB7
Regular User

Unfortunately, they didn't show the episode with the Smart/C3. Instead, they showed an older episode from January (coincidentally, I messed up part of that cap). Anyhow, I've uploaded 2 new videos to draak's webspace.

Auto Motor und Sport - Porsche 911 Carrera GT3 RS.avi
MotorWeek - 2005 Ford GT Retro Supercar.avi

Will see what next week's AMS features 0X
Old 05-24-2004, 07:26 AM   #645
levensnevel
Regular User

Well Alien,

you've done it once again. Two great captures
Don't know why but the AMS coverage of the Porsche 911 Carrera GT3 RS is so much better that what Clarkie managed to come up with yesterday (information wise that is )
Nice touch those blue rims and blue marking, even here Clarkie was a bit economical with the truth

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote