Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 05-24-2004, 07:37 AM   #646
TT
Regular User

Heh thanks again Alien just to let you know, yesterday I was doing some video catching up and I watched a couple of vids you uploaded in the first half of March LMAO so I will probably see these ones by the end of Summer
Old 05-24-2004, 07:42 AM   #647
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Auto Motor und Sport - Porsche 911 Carrera GT3 RS.avi
MotorWeek - 2005 Ford GT Retro Supercar.avi
Good timing AlienDB7!! Since the 360CS vs GT3RS battle from yesterday I'm even more curious about the cars. And there haven't been much GT3RS video reviews... in fact the Top Gear one is the only I can remember. Thanks for the new vids!!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:07 AM   #648
shockwave racing
Regular User

i just saw an AMS video tonight which gave me a shock... it had an Audi A8 vs Jaguar XJ comparison on it...

have you seen this episode before Alien?
shockwave racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:12 PM   #649
AlienDB7
Regular User

You probably watched the Audi A8 vs. Jag XJ video on DW World? I get AMS on TV from a detroit station. Sometimes they screw up and show the wrong episode so I can never be sure what I"ll get. Yes, I saw the Audi A8 vs. Jag XJ comparison before. It's part 1 of the 4-way shootout. Part 2 features the BMW 7 series and Mercedes S class I think. My time record program missed the A8 vs. Jag XJ episode unfortunately

This is probably the one you saw (airred in march):
Comparison Test: 4-Car Luxury Car Test Part 1: Audi A8 vs. the Jaguar XJ8
Cult: Lowriders in Neandertal
Report: New Findings in Pedestrian Protection
Drive Report: The Opel Astra
Technology: The Audi Wind Tunnel Center in Ingolstadt
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #650
yg60m
Regular User

That's weird, the Lotus Elise US version, give me an error for both explorer and windows player i tried to download it several times but no way
Old 05-24-2004, 05:02 PM   #651
ARMAN
Regular User

Works fine to me, I use winamp.

Yea, ofcourse thanx for all vids I saw so far

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:17 PM   #652
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
That's weird, the Lotus Elise US version, give me an error for both explorer and windows player i tried to download it several times but no way
Maybe it helps if you do the following in internet explorer
Tools -> Internet options -> delete files

You probably allready know this but I thought if there's a small chance he doesn't, I'll beter tell him
Old 05-25-2004, 12:42 AM   #653
shockwave racing
Regular User

This is probably the one you saw (aired in march):
Comparison Test: 4-Car Luxury Car Test Part 1: Audi A8 vs. the Jaguar XJ8
Cult: Lowriders in Neandertal
Report: New Findings in Pedestrian Protection
Drive Report: The Opel Astra
Technology: The Audi Wind Tunnel Center in Ingolstadt
nah the episode i saw had a report on German Buses and the operators of them. and a small clip of the C4S Cabriolet... and i missed the rest coz of hockey training...
shockwave racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:20 PM   #654
AlienDB7
Regular User

Forgot to mention about a *small* video update.. 2 new videos posted on zippo's site:
Motoring 2004 - 2005 Mercedes SLR McLaren.avi 19.0M
Motoring 2004 - Porsche 911 on Wet Pavement.mpg 6.3M

Nothing too exciting, but just for collection if you love the cars :roll:

Hopefully I'll get some new AMS videos tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #655
AlienDB7
Regular User

I wasn't able to get the ForFour AMS review last week but this week, they featured the new Mitsu Colt. So here it is, specially for zippo, the Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 review on his own webspace!
Auto Motor und Sport - Mitsubishi Colt 1.1.avi (13.1M)

For the rest of JW, I've posted 3 other reviews to draak's webspace. One more comparison test (Jag XK8 vs. BMW 645Ci) will be posted later in the week.
Auto Motor und Sport - Maserati Modena Performance.avi (12.6M)
Auto Motor und Sport - Porsche Jagdwagen Jeep.avi (18.6M)
Auto Motor und Sport - Westfield Sportscars.avi (14.2M)
Old 05-31-2004, 12:38 PM   #656
yg60m
Regular User

Thank you one more time and always an amazing quality/size :shock: You're the best
Old 05-31-2004, 06:04 PM   #657
1zippo1
Regular User

You're too kinda AlienDB7 !! Thx for the new vids, especially for the Mitsubishi Colt video!!
I expect it to be somewhat similar to the smart forfour, only less gadgets and less pricy.

The rest of the videos sound very good. Porsche, Masarti, Westfield, SLR, ... if this was 2 years ago I would have sold my mom for those vids I was lucky if I found a new car review every week.

Never thought you could get so much good stuff on 2 so small webspaces

EDIT:
PS: euhm, I don't want to overload you with requests but if you maybe happen to come across any smart roadster reviews again, I would like those...

My cousin has one (the 82hp luckily but it weights 790kg) as a company car (he works for the media and a smart roadster draws attention) and I had a ride in it yesterday. IMO fabulous little car!! Ok yes, the gearbox is terrible, but the chassis, the steering, the balance of the car, the seats, even the noise... I love it!! You sit so low down that you get a very good sensation of speed. The engine is far from bad (it did smell a bit after my drive ops: ), at least till 120kmh, then it seems to give up a bit... But even below that speed you can have heaps of fun with it. It corners like a dream IMO.

I've watched all the reviews I had of the Smart Roadster again today: the 2 AMS vids from you (tuned by R1 & Brabus), the one by JC in his shoot out dvd, the Top Gear review (2003 episode 1) and the review by pulling power. My cousin would like to see those, so I'm going to copy them for him.

I was wondering however, did 5th gear ever do a review on the smart roadster? I can't remember it at least...
Old 06-01-2004, 05:22 AM   #658
AlienDB7
Regular User

Don't worry about asking for Smart Roadster reviews. The minute I get my hands on one, I'll post them! As you probably know, I love that car. In fact, if I have the $$$ (which I don't), I would probably get one myself....if Jeremy can fit in it, it should be okay for me. Although I'm not sure if it's a good idea to drive such a small car along side the big SUVs.

So yea, expect some Roadster reviews soon. Perhaps I'll get to test drive one when they start selling Smart cars here in Canada starting this fall

No, I don't recall seeing any Smart roadster review on 5th Gear. Would be interesting to see Tiff driving it on the track
Old 06-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #659
1zippo1
Regular User

Don't worry about asking for Smart Roadster reviews. The minute I get my hands on one, I'll post them! As you probably know, I love that car. In fact, if I have the $$$ (which I don't), I would probably get one myself....if Jeremy can fit in it, it should be okay for me. Although I'm not sure if it's a good idea to drive such a small car along side the big SUVs.

So yea, expect some Roadster reviews soon. Perhaps I'll get to test drive one when they start selling Smart cars here in Canada starting this fall

No, I don't recall seeing any Smart roadster review on 5th Gear. Would be interesting to see Tiff driving it on the track
Aha cool You should certainly try a testdrive if you can! Believe me that car is quite fun. If only they fitted a manual gearbox. And maybe a little bigger engine, like a 1.2 turbo, they could get some 130 hp out of one of those. Imagine what a car it would be then. The 0.7 engine has it's limits. Digitec got 112hp out of it, but chiptuning won't replace the lack of cc. But still, when you push the little car you get plenty to enjoy b-roads.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:22 PM   #660
1zippo1
Regular User

I've just recieved 2 small Top Gear videos that I had never seen before from N.J. and his own rip of the yellow Ruf on the Ring. The Top Gear vids are only 34 and 37 seconds long, but for a top gear fanatic like me a need to have!

You can find them on my site.

credits go to N.J.!! Thanks