Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #61
Neema702
Regular User

how is the new E90 M3 not the answer... 60K... amazing handling... 400 HP... and plenty of room...

on another note... i think RC45 is freaking retarded... he fights with everyone on this damn forum and its all because he cant get over his PIECE OF SHIT Z06! How can GM even hold its head up with a pile of junk like the Z06... who the fuck cares that the car does a fast 0-60... IT HAS 500HP... it better be fast. and the piece of crap looks like shit inside, is made like shit (like ALL american cars) and CANT HANDLE FOR SHIT compared to a porsche or bmw.
Neema702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:10 PM   #62
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Neema702
how is the new E90 M3 not the answer... 60K... amazing handling... 400 HP... and plenty of room...
on another note... i think RC45 is freaking retarded... he fights with everyone on this damn forum and its all because he cant get over his PIECE OF SHIT Z06!
Really?

I see you are in Texas - maybe we can hold a JW Texas meet and you can say the same thing to my face intardent tough guy. *shrug*

Interesting that the people starting shit always have to spew retarded crap to open the discussion.

How can GM even hold its head up with a pile of junk like the Z06... who the fuck cares that the car does a fast 0-60... IT HAS 500HP... it better be fast. and the piece of crap looks like shit inside, is made like shit (like ALL american cars)
Your opinion on the build quality - funny how you dont get all pissed off aboput the F430 "being fast because it has xxxhp..." - there you rather just mindlessly cheer it on. Again - *shrug*

and CANT HANDLE FOR SHIT compared to a porsche or bmw.
Really? Why don;t you take you BMW and your Porsche and go meet someone on a rcae track and take on their car - since you are so convinced your BMW and Porsche are superior - instead of just mouthing off online?

I am sure if you go visit the Z06 forums there will be more than enough people willing to meet you on the track and see you put your money where your mouth is. *shrug*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #63
nthfinity
Regular User

on another note... i think RC45 is freaking retarded... he fights with everyone on this damn forum and its all because he cant get over his PIECE OF SHIT Z06! How can GM even hold its head up with a pile of junk like the Z06... who the fuck cares that the car does a fast 0-60... IT HAS 500HP... it better be fast. and the piece of crap looks like shit inside, is made like shit (like ALL american cars) and CANT HANDLE FOR SHIT compared to a porsche or bmw.
I make parts for a great many manufacturers, and I will attest that thier quality is nearly equal across the board. You can see this first hand when spending time in a Z06, or a M3, or a Acura, or Lexus etc. etc.

as far as handling, you really are an automotive fanboy not a factboy
Old 01-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #64
David Hasselhoff
Regular User

Do I need to ask Chuck to roundhouse kick this RC punk into next week?

I could include autographed 8x9's for everyone as well.
David Hasselhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #65
HeilSvenska
Regular User

You are a fanboy. First of all, the car doesn't "exist" yet. And it's very unlikely you've had a go in it.

on another note... i think RC45 is freaking retarded... he fights with everyone on this damn forum and its all because he cant get over his PIECE OF SHIT Z06!
Second of all, he's not alone. I think Z06 is a very qualified car. And STOP USING CAPS!!!

How can GM even hold its head up with a pile of junk like the Z06... who the fuck cares that the car does a fast 0-60... IT HAS 500HP... it better be fast. and the piece of crap looks like shit inside, is made like shit (like ALL american cars)
And GM cabin is not that shitty as you claim. Toyota and Honda may be considered better, but seriously, not that better.

and CANT HANDLE FOR SHIT compared to a porsche or bmw.
Z06? Can't handle? It's not the car's fault if you can't handle 500hp. It has everything a good sports car needs. Racing heritage, lots of power (well lots of power to weight ratio), handling proven by technical data... (Z06 beat 911 Turbo around the 'Ring on the Auto Motor & Sport test) I'm glad people like you don't like Z06s. There'll be plenty left for people like us.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:16 AM   #66
tforth
Regular User

nthfinity wrote:

I make parts for a great many manufacturers, and I will attest that thier quality is nearly equal across the board. You can see this first hand when spending time in a Z06, or a M3, or a Acura, or Lexus etc. etc.
You keep mentioning this crap, as though you are the authority from the automotive industry. Well, I have been working for a tier 1 (that means direct supplier to OEs) supplier. However, we don't make interior trim crap or build-to -print stamping and such. We actually do ground up engine component and systems development and manufacturing. We supply to all major OEs, including Lexus, Honda, as well as the 'big 3'. We have 100s of patents, which provide us an enviable position on some product lines. This line about the standards all being the same is major B.S.

In general, the Japanese are way more diligent up front and have way more stringent quality standards than the 'big 3'. They also walk the talk, and don't just hide behind specs for the sake of ISO compliance. When they start to use a new products, they have already done their benchmarking; you don't need to educate them about the product, in general.

The europeans are a little different, again in general, in that they focus a little more on the technical innovation, and less on the up front quality. From a technical standpoint, I would say the european OEs would be the strongest engineers. I actual worked for a bit at Porsches R&D centre in Weissach, back in '91. The level of skill there was incredible.
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #67
79TA
Regular User

easy, for 8k more (referring to the Z06 of course) you move up an entire performance class. The base Corvette, per dollar, is a better buy than your M3, get over it.

Anyway, back to my suggestion, just think what kind of Factory Five kit you could build with 60k even if you did none of the work yourself . . .
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:32 AM   #68
nthfinity
Regular User

In general, the Japanese are way more diligent up front and have way more stringent quality standards than the 'big 3'. They also walk the talk, and don't just hide behind specs for the sake of ISO compliance. When they start to use a new products, they have already done their benchmarking; you don't need to educate them about the product, in general.
actually you couldn't be more wrong here, as Japan is our primary base, and yes, I am a tier 1 supplier as well (we do roughly 85% japanese product). And considering I never once compared vs. the boys at Stutgart, let alone Weissach, I don't know why you are bringing that up.

as to Patents, yes, my company has quite a few of those as well. Am I "the" expert, no... but I know my way around quite a few of the heavy hitters in the auto industry; particularly those who have been around Detroit. You wouldn't believe some of what I "could" talk about in terms of quality, and reliabilty... but am contractually obligated to not talk about... considering that quality and reliabilty are two of my job functions; we all have our managers to report to... suffice to say that.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 AM   #69
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA
Anyway, back to my suggestion, just think what kind of Factory Five kit you could build with 60k even if you did none of the work yourself . . .
You may have seen a really nice FFive Cobra replica in photos I have posted - and you are right - the car is a great solid piece of kit.

A hardtop would keep the weather out.. but boy would it be a "scary but fun" ride in the wet..
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #70
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by TNT
ok lock this thread now, its just going to be another z06 vs the world. :roll:
the accused is the only JW member communist enough to open a thread, ask a question, and then argue with the people who answer the question---then try to convince them he's right.

hilarious, isn't it?
Well not only open a thread asking a question he set the criteria where he knows they are the only place his option shine, and when some people come with an option and ask him a question he dont want to answer, I wonder why....
and add to the criteria on every page to make a certain car shine over the others. I called that on the 1st page

And sense when is the 350Z and the M3 too slow? I like both of those cars, and both are very quick out of the box, and the 350Z has a huge tuner market behind it

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:05 AM   #71
79TA
Regular User

yea, Factory Five makes some good stuff. Even the spec racers limited to a mere 225 hp (for the sake of safer more fair spec racing) run deep into the 13's in the 1/4 mile. I'm tempted to mention FF's take on the "poor man's supercar" but I've yet to hear or see much of its actual performance. It'd atleast be another 0-60 bandit.

There's a big kit car show near me at Knott's Berry Farm every year. Ignoring the Ferrari-blaspheming Datsuns etc, it's really fun to see all the different flavors of Factory Five Cobra replicas.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #72
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by TNT
ok lock this thread now, its just going to be another z06 vs the world. :roll:
the accused is the only JW member communist enough to open a thread, ask a question, and then argue with the people who answer the question---then try to convince them he's right.

hilarious, isn't it?
Well not only open a thread asking a question he set the criteria where he knows they are the only place his option shine, and when some people come with an option and ask him a question he dont want to answer, I wonder why....
and add to the criteria on every page to make a certain car shine over the others. I called that on the 1st page

And sense when is the 350Z and the M3 too slow? I like both of those cars, and both are very quick out of the box, and the 350Z has a huge tuner market behind it
Except they are both dog slow when compared to real sports cars like the GT3, 911T F430 - ehck even compared toa F360 they are slow.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:20 AM   #73
Neema702
Regular User

RC45: i see you around the Copperfield area in houston all the time, so if you want, lets meet up you pussy ass bitch... dont fuckin start threatening me you faggot unless your willing to back it up

RC45, nthfinity, and Heilsvenska: fanboy my ass you dumbfucks. ya'll think someone needs to drive a car to know about it... what kind of stupid ass logic is that... are ya'll trying to say everyhting ive ever read is wrong... and on top of that... ive driven plenty of cars (shitty and exotic) and i know just as much about cars as any other true car lover... so ya'll can suck my dick with this fanboy shit.

lets talk numbers you retards: the E46 M3 csl (360 HP) did a 7:50 around Nordschleife, 996 GT3 (381 HP) in 7:52, C6 Z06 (505 HP) 7:43, and the 997 GT3 (415 HP) 7:42. Did u guys get that?! the E46 M3 with only 70% of the power of the Z06 did a lap within 7 seconds of the Z06, and thats the old M3! So lets ask ourselves, how did the 997 GT3 with only 80% of the Z06's power beat the Z06, answer: IT HANDLES BETTER!

and as far as interiors and build quality goes... hahaha... are u losers kidding me... anyone who has been in a vette knows its looks and feels like shit inside... just like most american cars... where as bmw, porsche, audi, MB, lexus, etc... make interiors u fags could only dream about. build quality on american cars is still SHIT. especially GM cars... just go look it up in any major source. with all ya'lls experience, ya'll still dont know this yet... sounds like some fanboys to me.

and RC... who said anything about the F430... and i quote: "funny how you dont get all pissed off aboput the F430 being fast because it has xxxhp..." i never even mentioned the F430 for this discussion... sounds like your trying to put ferraris down again... you'll do anything to try and support your precious Z06 wont you? sounds like a fanboy to me!
Neema702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:21 AM   #74
HeilSvenska
Regular User

...and the 350Z has a huge tuner market behind it
Tuner market shouldn't even be mentioned. A proper sports car should be sufficient enough not to need modifications made to it.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #75
tuffguy
Regular User

Even tuned, the 350Z will get its ass handed to it by a stock STi or an Evo. They need to be really heavily tuned.

350Zs and G35s were easy pickings when my car was stock, now I don't even bother.

E46 M3 is great, but it's a bit too luxurious and therefore too heavy. I raced my friends when my car had less than 500 miles on it, and they're dead even to 100mph from a roll. Now that I've thrown $500 at it (MBC, filter, flash, rally cat) it's no contest. Carreras are pretty easy too.

In order of preference: Evo, Elise, Cayman S.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote