Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-03-2004, 05:33 PM   #61
sameerrao
Regular User

Patrik, you must have already done some long drives on the car (e.g. to get to the Ring and back from Sweden) ... how is the car on regular roads, highways and bumps and all that.

Some magazines were saying that the GT3-RS was a very hard riding car for the road. I want to get an opinion from an owner

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #62
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Patrik, you must have already done some long drives on the car (e.g. to get to the Ring and back from Sweden) ... how is the car on regular roads, highways and bumps and all that.

Some magazines were saying that the GT3-RS was a very hard riding car for the road. I want to get an opinion from an owner
Actually the car is towed with the Cherokee to the Ring

Not wanting to step on your feet Patrick just partially answering for you untill you will come online I am kinda curious too
Old 12-06-2004, 05:20 AM   #63
RS Patrik
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by sameerrao

Actually the car is towed with the Cherokee to the Ring

Not wanting to step on your feet Patrick just partially answering for you untill you will come online I am kinda curious too
Boys,
not a problem.

When breaking in the car, I drove it on long trips (instead of trailering). First trip was to Kinnekulle Ring (Racetrack) it was 450km's (one-way). 2nd long trips was to Gelleråsen (Racetrack), 600km's (one-way)

Both long and frustrating trips, trying to keep the right foot steady and not pushing is hard in this car, but as I wanted to do the breaking in properly, 2000km's instead of the 1000km as the manual said, this is the way to do it. Keeps the engine really warm for many hours and and varius rpm's as well.

Now back to the question, you can obviously not compare the seats to for example with the new comfort seat BMW 5 series have, they are to die for, but this is not intended to be a comfortable car. The seats in my old RS-92 was harder, so for me these are comfortable
I am sure a lot of people would be better off in a 996 Turbo or such, that has comfortable seats but still sporty, but for me not an option because I like it like this, it is a part of the package. What would be nice though, is a cruise control, after a couple of hours the right leg tends to cramp...

But for normal highway driving it is fine no problems at all, more problems to keep with in the speedlimits!

PS. TT trying to find the manual for my videocamera to download some vids...
Old 12-06-2004, 05:33 AM   #64
TT
Regular User

Thanks for the writeup

And would be perfect if you could find some vids The RS could end up beeing Miss February

For a moment I thought you wanted to take a custom shot for the videocamera too
Old 12-13-2004, 12:55 AM   #65
bmw745ion19s
Regular User

great car! as the new version of our RS, i wanted my dad to get one bad but new body style is here so hopefully one will be out soon, none the less a perfect choice
bmw745ion19s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:26 AM   #66
RS Patrik
Regular User

The 997 GT3 will be around during the summer months, but a new RS soon, I wouldn't hold my breath on that, as the last RS (993) was produced in 1995.

Here are the RS versions available:

911 RS-73
911 RS-74
911 SC RS-83 (only 20 made, I haven't even seen a pic...)
911 RS-92
911 RS-95
911 GT3 RS-04
Old 01-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #67
Cigarette1
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
great car! as the new version of our RS, i wanted my dad to get one bad but new body style is here so hopefully one will be out soon, none the less a perfect choice
I thought you couldn't get a 996 GT3RS in the US ?

And for what I've read so far, no 997 GT3 in the US either
Cigarette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:09 AM   #68
Cigarette1
Regular User

Originally Posted by RS Patrik
The 997 GT3 will be around during the summer months, but a new RS soon, I wouldn't hold my breath on that, as the last RS (993) was produced in 1995.

Here are the RS versions available:

911 RS-73
911 RS-74
911 SC RS-83 (only 20 made, I haven't even seen a pic...)
911 RS-92
911 RS-95
911 GT3 RS-04

I also doubt it, didn't they make do the GT3RS also because of the 40th celebration ? I do remeber porsche annoced the mk1 GT3 as being the new rs
Sure hope they don't do one since we have normal 997 GT3 on order like you said they will be releasing it around juli/august. We should get ours october/november, first one in Belgium
Cigarette1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #69
ikon2003
Regular User

Wow, first time i've seen this car. How exquisite! Very awe inspiring - I hope you're really happy with it. Thanks for the tons of pics too.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #70
nismodave
Regular User

Im usually not a Porsche fan........

But your car is Fantastic.

I love the color.

Please keep driving it....like its supposed to.
nismodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:09 AM   #71
FPVPSI
Regular User

Very, very very nice car...i love the color combo...i actaully saw one on the road here not too long ago...fell on my ass...

ohh i have managed to find a link to the 83 RS...

- http://www.supercars.net/garages/EBoNix3000/32v2.html
- http://www.theautobahn.com/forum/sho...r_model_id=190

mmm, the car in the first link is allmost certainly a racecar... 8)...but the car in the second link looks like the road going version...
Old 01-18-2005, 04:26 AM   #72
RS Patrik
Regular User

Thanks for the links.
The Rothmans car I have seen before but not a street version, not really sure if the white one is such, could be a race car without the sponsor logos. Also I am not sure if any of the 20 cars were made as a street car.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:20 AM   #73
FPVPSI
Regular User

^^ No prob's...ill look into it more, and ill post it in the Porsche section if i find any more info...ohh Welcome ...enjoy ur stay at Resort Jab... 8)
Old 02-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #74
gemarti21
Regular User

I love this car...
gemarti21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:44 AM   #75
speedracer911
Regular User

Awesome car. Congrats on being able to own such a car. Its good to see its not a car that just sits in your garage for you to look at. A guy i know gave me a ride in his 2004 GT3 clubsport at infineon raceway in sonoma, CA and it was awesome. i was speechless after we got off the track. I can only imagine what it would be like to drive the RS.
speedracer911 is offline   Reply With Quote