Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-28-2005, 12:44 AM   #61
T-Bird
Regular User

wow I don't bring up the vette in every single thread in fact I almost never bring up the Vette I do support it alot when it does get shot down waay below what it deserves and I do think Ferraris are good cars and don't trash them to that extent but from what I have heard if you plan to drive them alot they will break on you. I love alot of Foreign cars alot but it does annoy me when people don't give us Americans some credit which we do deserve there is the same common mis-conception mainly from our friends across the pond that Americans make total shit when it comes to cars which isn't true and *gasp* god forbid we use plastic to make the cars affordable to the masses and Plastic bumpers? (Jeremy Clarksons tripe about the Corvette having a plastic bumper cover) I thought that was what everyone used so as to offer more flex than metal or fiberglass. that's what pisses me off.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:48 AM   #62
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Again I didnt read your post, just scanned through it.

I give the Z06 all the credit it deserves, what I fucking hate is when the fanboy crew brings up the fucking car is every single thread, how great it is and how it can destroy anything on this very planet with some proper work.

Im just sick of it, plain and simple, cant go anywere withouht the fucking Vette coming up.

I never hate on that car, never say anything bad about without being sarcastic.

Its you the fanboys who only accept the fucking vette is the holy grail of all and everything else is fucking shit ass poser mobile eurotrash, hippy, latte, hair dresser, poofta peice of foreign shit.

Seriously, Vettes are great, but you have to shut the fuck up every once in a while about it.

Not one group on this forum pushes one car like you guys do.

I only step in when you shit all over the competition, and Im stupid for doing so, better shit to do then argue with someone who doesnt want to accept anything, if its fact, if its a magazine article, if its a video if its anything, it either wrong, biased or just straight up bullshit printed because Ferrari paid em to.

So whatever buddy, go jerk off to some Vette pics. BTW No offence, I have my political hat on.
Hhhmm -- I doubt anybody in the world has claimed that any Corvetee, let alone the C5 or C6 Z06 is the best... or the greatest ... or the fastest..

In fact - I would say that the "Vette Fan boys" of JW are the most accepting of the fact that the Vette is NOT the be all and end all.

In fact we accept the fact that it is the performance equal of a number of specific cars - and that there are a another group that are almost untouchable in performance terms.. and without signifcant investment a Corvette could not touch them.

On the other hand we can go dig up HUNDREDS of thread where Tifiso flat out call anyone who says the Vette is a performance equal of the F360/CS a liar.

Such threads go on for pages - and even when specific numbers are shown, videos and personal anetcdotes relayed - even stories retold of F360CS owners with Z06's - they STILL deny all evidence and say it is just not possible and then list all the reasons why even if it were true, a Ferrari is still better..

That is proof of dillusion

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:00 AM   #63
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
wow I don't bring up the vette in every single thread in fact I almost never bring up the Vette I do support it alot when it does get shot down waay below what it deserves and I do think Ferraris are good cars and don't trash them to that extent but from what I have heard if you plan to drive them alot they will break on you. I love alot of Foreign cars alot but it does annoy me when people don't give us Americans some credit which we do deserve there is the same common mis-conception mainly from our friends across the pond that Americans make total shit when it comes to cars which isn't true and *gasp* god forbid we use plastic to make the cars affordable to the masses and Plastic bumpers? (Jeremy Clarksons tripe about the Corvette having a plastic bumper cover) I thought that was what everyone used so as to offer more flex than metal or fiberglass. that's what pisses me off.
Do you take anything that Clarkson says seriously? I sure as hell dont. I mean, he bitched about plastic bumpers on the Vette, and said that a digital clock ruins F360s interior. Oh and he also loves bought a Merc. Clarkson is nothing more but good British intertainment, so forget Clarkson.

And before you accuse of others of not giving credit to the Vette, look at your buddies first. It looks like the only time plastic interior comes into argument is when some Vette fan boy comes crashing in saying how great the Vette is, so people fire back by saying it has a steering wheel out of some truck, shitty plastic interior, bumpers made of porcelain.

I give it all the credit it deserves. And so does everybody, people from this forum who never even post in any of these arguments who I talk to through msn and such all give it the same credit it as me...

So it goes? Great. Leave it there, no need for reminders.
So does a 911. I dont see St. Anger saying it in every topic like an obsessed school boy.
So does the F430. I dont go saying how great it is. I dont go quoting every magazine who praises it.
So does the Galardo, and even if our Lambo Hunter spoke fluint English, Id doubt he'd run a Galardo campaign on the forum.

So take a step back, and look around.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:04 AM   #64
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by T-Bird
Do you take anything that Clarkson says seriously? I sure as hell dont. I mean, he bitched about plastic bumpers on the Vette, and said that a digital clock ruins F360s interior. Oh and he also loves bought a Merc. Clarkson is nothing more but good British intertainment, so forget Clarkson.

And before you accuse of others of not giving credit to the Vette, look at your buddies first. It looks like the only time plastic interior comes into argument is when some Vette fan boy comes crashing in saying how great the Vette is, so people fire back by saying it has a steering wheel out of some truck, shitty plastic interior, bumpers made of porcelain.

I give it all the credit it deserves. And so does everybody, people from this forum who never even post in any of these arguments who I talk to through msn and such all give it the same credit it as me...

So it goes? Great. Leave it there, no need for reminders.
So does a 911. I dont see St. Anger saying it in every topic like an obsessed school boy.
So does the F430. I dont go saying how great it is. I dont go quoting every magazine who praises it.
So does the Galardo, and even if our Lambo Hunter spoke fluint English, Id doubt he'd run a Galardo campaign on the forum.

So take a step back, and look around.
Step back?

This is a C6 Z06 Specs thread
Old 08-28-2005, 06:11 AM   #65
gangajas
Regular User

Then the Z06 is faster from 0 to 60 than the Zonda S (3,7), the CGT(3,8 ), the SLR (3,8 )...and much faster than the F430(4,4) or the Gallardo (4,1). You must be joking..ja,ja,ja :roll: :roll:
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #66
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Then the Z06 is faster from 0 to 60 than the Zonda S (3,7), the CGT(3,8 ), the SLR (3,8 )...and much faster than the F430(4,4) or the Gallardo (4,1). You must be joking..ja,ja,ja :roll: :roll:
Here we go again.

You are obviously being obtuse just to start something... so here goes - the dog slow F430 (4.4s is already beaten by the 2001 C5 Z06 - it has a 0-60 4s )

Not to mention the SLR, CGT and Zonda

Thank you for proving our point 100% - at least we know our limitations - the anti-US fanboys know no limits

Old 08-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #67
graywolf624
Regular User

The f430 does the 60 faster then 4.4 seconds anyway according to many sources.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #68
gucom
Regular User

yupp its even done a 3.6 0-60...not exactly dog slow if u ask me
BTW a Z06 beating a gallardo 0-60 isnt such a surprise, the Z05 is slightly more powerful, and weighs less.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #69
pharzo
Regular User

Here's some magazine test data on the F430

Quattroruote 5/2005
Ferrari F430 F1 composite brakes

Top speed
317.788 Kph @ 8650 rpm (197.5 Mph)

Acceleration Kph

0-60 Kph 1.6s
0-100 3.6s (62.1 mph)
0-160 8.1s (99.1 mph)
0-200 12.5s (124.1 Mph)
0-240 18.6s (150 Mph)

1/4 mile 11.6s @ 193.9 Kph
1 Km 21.2s @ 24.7 Kph (!!!!!) f40 did, in 1989, 20.98s!!!

Brake
100-0 Kph 33.3m
160-0 85.3m
200-0 133.2m
test average: 1.18g

Notice how in the Z06 stats only 0-60 is quoted. The F430 did 0-62 in 3.6

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #70
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pharzo
Here's some magazine test data on the F430

Quattroruote 5/2005
Ferrari F430 F1 composite brakes

Top speed
317.788 Kph @ 8650 rpm (197.5 Mph)

Acceleration Kph

0-60 Kph 1.6s
0-100 3.6s (62.1 mph)
0-160 8.1s (99.1 mph)
0-200 12.5s (124.1 Mph)
0-240 18.6s (150 Mph)

1/4 mile 11.6s @ 193.9 Kph
1 Km 21.2s @ 24.7 Kph (!!!!!) f40 did, in 1989, 20.98s!!!

Brake
100-0 Kph 33.3m
160-0 85.3m
200-0 133.2m
test average: 1.18g

Notice how in the Z06 stats only 0-60 is quoted. The F430 did 0-62 in 3.6
Notice how offended everyone is that we dare suggest a "yank tank" can equal or better a piece of unreliable Eyetie junk

Having grown up around Alfa's, Fiats Pug, Renaults, Citroens and the like (yes we had lots of those in South Africa) their reputation for bad electronics, unreliable mechanicals, rusting at the mere suggestion of rain and over all pathetic value was legendary.

How ever, we were still encouraged to overlook all of these FACTS as these cars all had, whats the word... heritage or some crap.

The Farrari and Lambo were more of the same - onyl costing 100x more

This bias is ingrained in all people... and this is why it is so difficult for people to accept the truth that Ferrari is not the ultimate...

But back on topic...

0-30 1.6 seconds
0-40 2.2
0-50 2.8
0-60 3.6
0-70 4.5
0-80 5.5
0-90 6.7
0-100 7.9
0-110 9.3
0-120 11.0
0-130 12.8
0-140 15.0
0-150 17.5

Street start 5-60 4.3 sec
1/4 mile 11.7 @ 125 mph

70-0 braking 162 ft

Skidpad 0.98g

Old 08-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #71
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Notice how offended everyone is that we dare suggest a "yank tank" can equal or better a piece of unreliable Eyetie junk
I'm not offended, I just provided some figures. And made an innocent remark about the FXX a couple pages ago. It's just that people were taling about 4+ 0-60 times for the F430, which is quite...erm...wrong

RC45 about the Z06:
Old 08-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #72
RC45
Regular User

And for a different persepctive, how about these guys.

Either way, it's a fast car, it is bound to upset the Dodge crowd as much as it upsets the Tifosi.. the main difference is that most of the upset Dodge crowd actually drive Vipers ---- while most of the Tifosi are just bench racing wannabes with out so much as a Ferrari key fob - let alone an actual F-Car in the driveway.. (and notice which group is the most rabid and vicious in their attacks )

Just providing information in the appropriate thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:53 PM   #73
graywolf624
Regular User

only 0-60 is quoted
What a shock... I mean not using the metric system in America.. Wow..
Old 08-28-2005, 01:06 PM   #74
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
only 0-60 is quoted
I wasn't commenting on that, I was pointing out that the 3.5 for the Z06 is for 0-60 and the 3.6 for the F430 was for 0-62

RC45 about the Z06:
Old 08-28-2005, 01:07 PM   #75
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
only 0-60 is quoted
ANd besides, if these guys take the time to read the magazine articles, you can still see plain as daylight, that C&D and MT only give the C6 Z06 a positive cover tagline - the articles are thinly veiled musings of authors who are only giving the Corvette credit begrudgingly at best.

They are just itching to let loose with complaints about fit, finnish, interior and heritage - but hold back.

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if they didn't have the test results they had, there is no way in hell these 2 magazines would even print the Corvette name on the same page as a Ferrari comment - let alone admit it is faster in a straight line - but then the very next sentence appologise for the F-car price etc...

Even when "we" win, we lose because of the way we win hehehe