Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #61
No.1
Regular User

^^^^^

Hmmm... methinks toronto hasn't realised what this arguement is about
Old 05-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #62
Anonymous

LMAO shall i start again ( BTW i'm in a better mood now)

**EDIT** sorry in advance to Jabba and TT for taking this so far off topic!!
Old 05-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #63
No.1
Regular User

Plz don't ... when, and if, Jabba reads this he will be a bit pissed that the convo has changed direction

[EIDT] BUT it does make entertaining reading...

I really can't wait till Top Gear - the standard of reporting and presenting is much higher than that of Fifth Gear
Old 05-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #64
Anonymous

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Plz don't ... when, and if, Jabba reads this he will be a bit pissed that the convo has changed direction

[EIDT] BUT it does make entertaining reading...

I really can't wait till Top Gear - the standard of reporting and presenting is much higher than that of Fifth Gear
Certainly it was entertaining for me i've just read it again!!

Back on topic Top Gear is very good but i also think 5th gear is much improved this season, i prefer jeremy's style of presenting, he is much funnier, but he is no where near the standard of Tiffs driving thats why they have then stig. The only change i would like to see is 5th Gear become an hour next series as especially with the advert break it seems a little to short like they are trying to cram to much into the 20 odd minites they have. But as i say hats off to 5th gear this season has been the best ever!!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:01 PM   #65
LiveForSpeed.Looney

yep Tiff rules as a driver, showing how the cars do at the limit.. much better than JC, everytime I see him go out on the test track I'm just waiting form him to spin..
Old 05-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #66
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
yep Tiff rules as a driver, showing how the cars do at the limit.. much better than JC, everytime I see him go out on the test track I'm just waiting form him to spin..
Tiff is a much better driver than JC, true. But, I think the spins that are always mentioned in this debate are a bit misleading. I have no doubt Tiff also spins when driving a car he has never driven before on the limit. They just don't show it on TV. I mean, the Stig and other racing drivers make mistakes as well as they explore the limits of a car. That Clarkson spins and broadcasts it is better than pretending you never lose it.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:32 PM   #67
Anonymous

Originally Posted by stradale
Tiff is a much better driver than JC, true. But, I think the spins that are always mentioned in this debate are a bit misleading. I have no doubt Tiff also spins when driving a car he has never driven before on the limit. They just don't show it on TV. I mean, the Stig and other racing drivers make mistakes as well as they explore the limits of a car. That Clarkson spins and broadcasts it is better than pretending you never lose it.
Very well said i loved the complimation of stig spins on top gear, jezza is still a pretty good driver though you'd have to be to drive all the cars he has without actually crashing that often! The best thing about clarkie is that he is the least PC person on TV IMO thats brilliant everyone on TV these days is trying not to offend anyone and clarkson just doesn't give a stuff!! 8)
Old 05-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #68
stevert

yeh for sure tiff spins it now and again, so does the stig, but just watching the way jc is driving he never looks as in control to me
Old 05-03-2004, 12:42 PM   #69
Anonymous

yeh for sure tiff spins it now and again, so does the stig, but just watching the way jc is driving he never looks as in control to me
i think Jeremy plays up to that a little i mean he's driven loads of cars round a track like F50s, konigsegg and nothing serious. He does make his drving seem worse than it is just for comedy value IMO, i mean in shootout he managed to handbrake park the car but he didn't show that in the main bit of the dvd he just showed the one where he crashed!! Anyway we all agree that despite lacking the driving abiltiy of Tiff he is a very funny man!! 8)
Old 05-03-2004, 01:44 PM   #70
No.1
Regular User

This is turning into a very interesting topic.
First off, i agree with AL123 that the 20mins of 5th gear per week is too little. An hour long Top Gear has worked... why don't 5th Gear follow suit. They copied the idea of racing around a track (in Anglesey) and it wouldn't harm them to lengthen the reviews, as some are a bit on the short side.

JC is a great driver, and can keep a car driving at pace, but it is clear that Tiff has the superior skill, if not the reviewing prowess

I think that TG have the BBC behind them with a massive budget, and 5th Gear makes do with less cash - they still do an awesome job though .

Really I want the two shows to join forces. The driving of Tiff, the chat of JC, the hour long show of TG and VBH's charms
Old 05-03-2004, 02:12 PM   #71
tanelvali
Regular User

Jeremy definately is a funny man and very interesting to watch. As said, he really is one pretty good journalist. Also he keeps making jokes and his shows are very humorous.

"We all agreed that Ford Puma is car of the year 1997. but there is one obstacle - Tiff hasn't driven it yet...

.. however when night falls.. he's about to.. "

tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:13 PM   #72
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
ok i think everyone should calm down.

JABBA, would you be putting up full shows, because i rather enjoy watching them from start to finish it just seems better to watch

o and Top Gear rules
Yes toronto .. full eps

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #73
No.1
Regular User

^^^^^
That's the question that has been left unanswered or unclear in these last two pages of the topic... PATo355 has ruined it

THere we go tanlaveli.... your question has finally been answered
Old 05-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #74
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
^^^^^
That's the question that has been left unanswered or unclear in these last two pages of the topic... PATo355 has ruined it

THere we go tanlaveli.... your question has finally been answered
You must have access to the vault tho ... and tanlaveli has no access , so im afraid he is not going to download the programme

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:36 PM   #75
No.1
Regular User

Ooh that's unlucky, but he has said he can watch it on his TV and capture it for himself... anyway... this topic is avout the SHOW... NOT how/when is is going to be posted on JW