Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-21-2005, 04:14 AM   #61
RC45
Regular User

Time to revive this old thread

GTR + fast PC + Logitech Driving Force Pro 900 degree wheel = OMFG!

A couple little mit picks for GTR - they grass and gravel are like ice - even a 600hp race car can gain traction at 1000rpm(just off idel).. - I think they over did the off racing line surface slickness - and the tendency to understeer even at 10 mph.

Other than that, not much to complain about - and thank goodness for the Lotus Exige/Elise - perfect learning tool.

I am very happy I fot to the end of Forza, and have opened all the cars, tracks and races in GT4 - and have spent a little time with Enthusia, because now I can get my cartoon fix with GT4/Enthusia/Forza, and my driving fix from GTR.

I actually felt the Arcade and Semi-Pro options did not do the game or wheel justice.

I like GTR - it reminds me of the time I got to drive 2 laps in a Group N BMW 320i years ago (1992) - the suspension was stiff, the car bounced and it darted this way and that and was hard as fuck to control at anything below "fast" - and unless you were on the racing line you were pretty much screwed.

GTR provides a decent simulation of that feeling.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #62
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Im glad you like it.

The grass is slippery as ice true, but I get stuck in the kitty litter quite easily.

Just some advice:

Set your AI at angry or phsycotic for the best action. They will fight for position, spin out trying, a little bit of fender bending, but just that, dont thinik they are litteraly physco.

You will also want to download the latest patch:

http://www.gtr-game.com/download/GTR_Update_1400_EN.exe

And check this place out. Just so you know what you see on there is free, only other clubs etc you will have to pay for.

http://www.racemore.com/more

And if you ever want to race you know were to find me

Edit- One more thing, for the best steering feel set your DFP to 520 degrees of lock, and in game in the setup screen set the ratio to 11 or 13, play in that range to find the sweet spot.
Just so you know never play on 900, 520 is considered too much for these cars(but I find that it gives you a lot of controll) 900 is just way too much, you will never be competative.

In the begining the Elise is a good track learning tool. After that you might one to go to the 360(the GT3 is tough at first since you got the porsche heavy rear and its a bitch on brakes), In the GT class the Vette is one of the easiest cars to drive. The 550 is considered the hardest, but its the fastest.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:00 AM   #63
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I think they over did the off racing line surface slickness - and the tendency to understeer even at 10 mph.
Hmm what track? In Barcelona offline traction is quite bad because the track has really shitty surface(was resurficed for this year) combine that with marbles and its quite bad.

I know that at Spa I can drive around pretty much anywere on the track with good traction, just after a long practice session and race you will notice the marbles building up and it'll make you feel like your driving on rubber balls.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #64
RC45
Regular User

Where can I find a working link to the GTR official Nurburgring?
Old 05-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #65
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Guys I was wondering, do you know if the expansion is going to have the MC12 and the 575 GTC from JMB(that black 575..)?
Old 05-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #66
RC45
Regular User

^^ I dunno - but I can say instead of an Arcade mode, they should have included some stock forgiving street cars - like the Z06, M3, Carrera 4 and some others as "training aids".

You need to learn the tracks in Simulation mode, then learn how to drive race cars on the tracks --- so instead of turning the realism down and going arcade with race cars, go semi-rpo or simulation with street cars.

And yes I tried LFS and netKar and such, and those physics engines are just crap - you stick or you slide - no middle ground.

And I can tell you in my street car on street tyres, if I turn the wheel hard at 30mph, the Z06 doesn't plow understeer strainght ahead, it darts to side you steer.

This is the part of handling that the simulations fail to simulate realsiticly - they understeer far too much at low speeds.

But those arte grips I had to look for. The Lamborghini on Road America is great fun. Sure I am being lapped by 911 GT3's - but ther sound, feedback etc from the big screen TV, surround sound, DFP 900 wheel and AR Rocker chair are awesome.

Oh - and The Mother version of the Nurburgring is really "fun" in a sadistic way as well.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #67
hwe
Regular User

The "King of Ovals" addon was released a couple of days ago. Check out the official www.gtr-game.com to download - "three new race tracks in the style of American oval tracks".

Where can I find a working link to the GTR official Nurburgring?
Neither Nürburgring nor Nordschleife is an official track for the GTR game.
I see from your other post that you have downloaded one of the unofficial addon Nordschleife versions, "The Mother".

Nürburgring unofficial you can find here: http://www.m4driving.it/download/8657.html

Originally Posted by Mr.Vercetti
Guys I was wondering, do you know if the expansion is going to have the MC12 and the 575 GTC from JMB(that black 575..)?
No official addon cars coming - but the MC12 will come in an unofficial addon; http://forum.m4driving.it/index.php?showtopic=51697
hwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #68
RC45
Regular User

Thanks. This game, I mean PC based simulator - is awesome. Now, if only this type of attention will get paid to some civilian roads through, say the Swiss and Italian Alps, the Franshoek Pass (in South Africa) and Deals Gap in North Carolina - and perhaps Fiorina for testing

And some road cars (perhaps road car versions of the race cars in GTR to simplify things)

This would be a 98% perfect title. The 2% is for the odd ice-capades they subject you to every now and agian...
Old 05-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #69
hwe
Regular User

You should also try the BMW M3 addon car, or the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 (both unofficial)

http://www.m4driving.it/download/8585.html

http://www.m4driving.it/download/8567.html

Alternate source: http://www.hsw.hu/sbgtrcar_eng.shtml
Old 05-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #70
RC45
Regular User

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:46 PM   #71
SFDMALEX
Regular User

^^ I dunno - but I can say instead of an Arcade mode, they should have included some stock forgiving street cars - like the Z06, M3, Carrera 4 and some others as "training aids".
Well the reason arcade mode was implanted in the first place was just so they could sell a bit more the a 30 000 copies, or whatever the size of the sim community is.

As for training cars...well the Elise is damn easy, and so is the 360
Old 05-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #72
RC45
Regular User

The M3 is a fun car. Set all manual and "real" opponents I managed an in-race 1:38.x around Laguna Seca.

However - they ended up taking each other out, and then went into the pits so I ended up winning.. hehe

Fun game - uhm simulation.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #73
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Fun game
:x :x :x * :snipersmile:

* j/k
Old 05-21-2005, 11:11 PM   #74
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Fun game
:x :x :x * :snipersmile:

* j/k
Where can I download 24" Dubs and body kits for my pimpin TVR?

And do you have any drift setups.....

It would be so cool if someone made D1GP AE86/Skyline/Trueno/B16/VTEC mod....

*j/k
Old 05-22-2005, 03:50 AM   #75
hwe
Regular User

The M3 is a fun car. Set all manual and "real" opponents I managed an in-race 1:38.x around Laguna Seca.

However - they ended up taking each other out, and then went into the pits so I ended up winning.. hehe

Fun game - uhm simulation.
Yes, I think the M3 is fun also, and quite easy to drive. Can be thrown around a bit, and doesn't spin to easily when powersliding

Have also had strange things happens on unoff addon tracks sometimes. But hey, addon-tracks are fun, I have downloaded 863 MB of them for GTR myself...