Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-06-2005, 12:29 PM   #61
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by nthfinity
perhaps whatever is shown gives the best results.
Cant make that assumption can you? Watch the video.
i just offered a guess, like i said, i have no desire to watch it
Old 08-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #62
graywolf624
Regular User

^Because if there was a cheaper way to do it they would.. Businesses go for the cheap way out, thats what they are about. All businesses do it, just sometimes public perception is part of the cost, in this case it isn't.

A diamonique will never look the same as a real dimamond, if you ever compare the two.
The same people would say a synthetic can never be same as real thing. Personally I dont agree with either and think diamonds in themselves for image is bullshit. But Im not the target audience either.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #63
LotusGT1
Regular User

Honestly, as I said before, wild Id be disgusted. But farm raised, quite frankly they arent really animals. Frankly, its a production line.
BS. Just because humans have decided to breed these animals as stock doesn't make them any less animal. And yes, there are tons of less cruel ways to kill such an animal without getting more expensive. This isn't the cheap way out, it's the easy way out.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #64
graywolf624
Regular User

there are tons of less cruel ways to kill such an animal without getting more expensive.
If there are, tell them and Im sure theyll use them. Companies will adopt what evers cheapest and yields the best results. Stunning the animal and skinning it alive Id be willing to bet is one of the most efficient ways of doing so in a country where labor costs practically nothing and drugging the animals could cost a fortune.

You wouldn't make a very good farmer. The minute you start thinking of them as anything more then a production line is the minute you either quit or you starve.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #65
LotusGT1
Regular User

I give a flying fuck I don't think as a farmer or would make it like one.

For once snapping their necks can be done easier than smashing them on the ground like an uncontrolled madman.
8 out of 10 times people do have a choice as a farmer, it only takes extra effort and a little thinking.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:23 PM   #66
graywolf624
Regular User

8 out of 10 times people do have a choice as a farmer, it only takes extra effort and a little thinking.
Extra effort = more money.. Back to square one of the statement again...
Old 08-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #67
LotusGT1
Regular User

Extra effort beforehand. Not at the proces itself. LOL...how obvious do you want it?
Old 08-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #68
graywolf624
Regular User

Extra effort before hand costs money too. Labor.. even thinking time.. Costs money.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #69
LotusGT1
Regular User

You're not starting any business before at least thinking about what you are planning to do in the future. Lame excuse.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #70
graywolf624
Regular User

^and that my friend is what a company does. It finds a way to make the most with the least cost. Since public relations isn't a cost in asia like it is in western countries, this is the most economical path.

Now if all the people buying the products cared enough that it became a cost, it would change. At the end of the day though, the corporation is here to make money and thats all. Public relations is a cost, but only if your public cares and/or its against the law.
The same thing happens with outsourced labor. For a time sweat shops were fine, then it entered the public perception and companies changed their plans.

So I guess if it bothers you, send the vid to everyone you know who wants to buy fur. Considering no one in my circle has the money to waste on something so austentaious my opinion is moot anyway. Middle class don't have fur unless they shot it themselves.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #71
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Sorry Gray, but hitting the animal with a big stick on the head, or twisting its neck is much less time consuming that banging the poor animal on the floor for 5min until it dies.

Again did you watch the video? Its clearly about torture and nothing else. If he wanted to just kill the animal he could have done many other things that would take much less time for ex. twist the neck, hit on the head hard, knife in the heart....
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #72
graywolf624
Regular User

Knife in the heart breaks the pelt, twist to the kneck risks worker injuries(weasels arent exactly warm and cuddly), and banging the thing on the ground 3 or 4 x is hitting it on its head. They are stunning it. Like a cheap taser.

Yet again, don't like it, don't buy it.. Its that simple. If it becomes a cost the company has to consider they'll stop it and then market as the company that doesnt harm the weasel.. Thats what the freerange crap thats marketed here is about for the most part.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #73
kaimano3d
Regular User

4 gigdy i'll buy me 2 something 4 christmas a car with leather seats... with your skin of course
kaimano3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:54 AM   #74
Banchi105
Regular User

Ok. Someone ban this guy.

Bringing up threads from the dead to start some shit. :fist:
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #75
thepest
Regular User

What kinda sick lunatic, do you have to be in order to do such things. Man, they diserve one thing, and one thing only :2gunfire:

Uhhhh I'm getting SO pissed off when I see something like this.

I would personally torture every single one of them. If that's the last thing I would do.

........poor animals.... It's really sad guys. This has GOT TO STOP!!!

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote