Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #61
RC45
Regular User

LOL - I cannot believe people are DUMB enough to think NSF Underground is in any way, shape or form realistic.

IT IS A RICER GAME !!!!

Modelled after MOVIE SPECIAL EFFECTS and CARTOON RACERS like Initial D.

Please get a clue.

It is an ARCADE GAME - not a racing simulation, or a racing game, or a semi-simulated driving game or a semi-racing game simulator ---- IT IS AN ARCADE GAME.

Period!
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #62
MIHALS
Regular User

you started nice and quick :roll: ...but we know that and we are talkin about the game - AN ARCADE GAME ...I guess, you dont like this game, or you even didnt play it. just let it be and give as room for some pleasure
Old 03-05-2004, 05:08 PM   #63
corvette97
Regular User

wheres the liying sack-o-shit of zevolv?
Old 03-05-2004, 05:10 PM   #64
Tomerville
Regular User

LOL - I cannot believe people are DUMB enough to think NSF Underground is in any way, shape or form realistic.

IT IS A RICER GAME !!!!

Modelled after MOVIE SPECIAL EFFECTS and CARTOON RACERS like Initial D.

Please get a clue.

So what!? it gave my whole dorm at school pleasure for about a month or two. Its not realistic at all. The gameplay sucks; but the ability to modify cars is awsome!

It is an ARCADE GAME - not a racing simulation, or a racing game, or a semi-simulated driving game or a semi-racing game simulator ---- IT IS AN ARCADE GAME.

Period!

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #65
Tomerville
Regular User

yeah my message got destroyed i guess cuz it was too big. the point is that yeah, the gameplay might suck, but who said it is realistic? nothing about it is! The fact of the matter also is it gave my dorm pleasure for about a month, and it was fun because it is one of the few games where one can customize a car fully.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Old 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM   #66
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnowboarderTom
yeah my message got destroyed i guess cuz it was too big. the point is that yeah, the gameplay might suck, but who said it is realistic? nothing about it is! The fact of the matter also is it gave my dorm pleasure for about a month, and it was fun because it is one of the few games where one can customize a car fully.
....straight from the mouths of babes... customize fully? You mean Ricerize fully.... what with neon and "schtickers" and dubs... and wings...

*whatever*

Lemme guess - you lined up at midnight for the opening of F&F and 2F2F...

Who said it was realistic?

Originally Posted by Riese1825
NFS UNDERGROUND is probably the greates driving game i've ever played. Everything in this game is muuuuuuuchhhhh improved on since NFS: HOT PURSUIT 2. Although NFS HP2 is a great game with awesomely modeled cars and fun but sometimes annoying gameplay, it can't even touch UNDERGROUND. KEEP IT UP EA GAMES, YOU THE SHIZ.
You guys say so...

Just as you are free to state your enjoyment - I am free to belittle said statements...
Old 03-06-2004, 12:21 AM   #67
Tomerville
Regular User

....straight from the mouths of babes... customize fully? You mean Ricerize fully.... what with neon and "schtickers" and dubs... and wings...

*whatever*

Lemme guess - you lined up at midnight for the opening of F&F and 2F2F...

Who said it was realistic?
Just because the game is entertaining doesn't mean we are ricers. for realism there is a game called Project Gotham 2. its fun, not entertaining. big difference.

-Franklin Jones

Old 03-06-2004, 12:58 AM   #68
RC45
Regular User

LOL - now you think PGR2 is realistic...

I can tell you this much - between PGR2, SegaGT2002, NFS:HP2, GranTurismo3 and my Z06 - GT3 offers the closest feel to the real car.

The others are setup to allow "gamepad handling" and it shows. Now take that and run 1000 yards backwards - thats how much worse NFS:Underground is (obviously comparing other cars that appear in all the titles besides the Z06)

I have been playing some sort of driving game since BEFORE some of you were born. (wow - I AM old) and have always measured my enjoyment as how realistic the game felt.

Then when ever I get a chance, I measure THAT feeling against the real thing - and (apart from the ULTRA realistic franchises like the GPL, LFS and netKar's of the world) the closest thing to reality seems to be GT3.

Now don't think I don't have fun - hell I had finished PGR2 3 weeks after I got it - but NFS:UG was just too rice to stomach...

Anyway - I will leave y'all's ricer topic be now...
Old 03-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #69
crazyxzer0
Regular User

Hey, at least this one has drifting...even if it not realistic, its a lot better than most games in terms of allow someone to drift. That gave me kicks for about 2 minutes and then i called it quits for this game. Too many stickers for my eyes. :roll:
Old 03-09-2004, 06:07 PM   #70
MIHALS
Regular User

Default NFS cars

Ive been a bit borred, so these are my cars :

Old 03-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #71
ARMAN
Regular User

wuha! nice cars MIHALS

I like all NFS series(eeemmm except NFS6) and didnt play ANY other games for a long time.
GT seties must me cool, too bad they dont release em on PC.

NFSUG is not real at all, but pretty fun to play, just like today I had to drive that knockout track 7-8 times cause I carshed in the end in some car

Rally Throphy is very realistic for PC.

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #72
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
After you have played gran turismo everything else feel bad compared to that, and I measure car games on how close they come to the real thing and NOTHING can touch gt in that department yet.
Sorry Brembo but you are very wrong.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 02:42 PM   #73
MIHALS
Regular User

boulder dash 8)
Old 04-13-2004, 03:22 PM   #74
gigdy
Regular User

Default Re: SPEED

Originally Posted by MIHALS
And this is my fastest time, but i think its not quickest.Ive heard that one guy made 380 km/h :shock:
just visit my www.sweb.cz/mihals.nfs to see my performances :roll:

I know the topic is quite dead put i finally beat that. ^^

Old 04-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #75
MIHALS
Regular User

wow, u good :shock: