Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-27-2004, 08:27 AM   #61
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Originally Posted by gis
well ray u could get the 205 1.6 GTI.not as fast as the 1.9 obviously.but it was said in classic car magazine that for a nippy car for young lads now this os the one to go for seen as its turned classic in insurance so that means cheap as fuck........apparently anyway
yeah i'm gonna have a look at classic insurance as my car now qualifies- 14 or 15 years old i think, it is supposed to be proper cheap but remember the mileage is usually limited mind you so's mine at the moment to 9 or 10k i think
b4 i talk about AL's quote cho that was a evil comment,LOL but bow downt o me im the king

anyway AL,yeah u should check out the 205GTI or maybe a mk1 golf GTI.get one of those on classic insurance would be cool.or maybe a mini cooper 1.3i

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:34 AM   #62
Anonymous

Originally Posted by gis
Originally Posted by AL123
Originally Posted by gis
well ray u could get the 205 1.6 GTI.not as fast as the 1.9 obviously.but it was said in classic car magazine that for a nippy car for young lads now this os the one to go for seen as its turned classic in insurance so that means cheap as fuck........apparently anyway
yeah i'm gonna have a look at classic insurance as my car now qualifies- 14 or 15 years old i think, it is supposed to be proper cheap but remember the mileage is usually limited mind you so's mine at the moment to 9 or 10k i think

anyway AL,yeah u should check out the 205GTI or maybe a mk1 golf GTI.get one of those on classic insurance would be cool.or maybe a mini cooper 1.3i
Already got my perfect mini thanks I passed my test in it and spend most of my money on it so i never really want to sell it so i think i'll just modify it, even keeping the 998cc engine you can get the power up to 80-90 bhp which is double what i have now. Next on my list is a set of minilite alloys as i don't like the current wheels

See what i mean BTW i wouldn't buy a 1.3i as they are alot more difficult to modify that the old carburettor models
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 AM   #63
gis
Regular User

be sweet modding that,they handle like they are on rails so more power would make it even more fun in cornering.i liek that AL.nice ride.

there u go ray,get a mini.they are classic and true british

Old 05-27-2004, 08:41 AM   #64
Anonymous

Originally Posted by gis
be sweet modding that,they handle like they are on rails so more power would make it even more fun in cornering.i liek that AL.nice ride.

there u go ray,get a mini.they are classic and true british
Oh hadn't you see it before? heres some more pics if you missed them of my mods

Classic Rally style bucket seats and motolita leather steering wheel

BMW style angel eyes-to scare little kids at night LOL

BTW the grille is new a cooper style one that i've made quick release to make servicing jobs easier
Old 05-27-2004, 08:59 AM   #65
gis
Regular User

cool,i must have missed them last time.i cant remember lol anyway nice car and those seats look awesome.now gett he engine mods in and make that already fun car on the bends even more fun

Old 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #66
Squeek
Regular User

hey that is one snazzy car u got there matey! i wouldnt mind one of them for myself, hehehe. im just looking at autotrader for a 205gti!! lol.

*I LOVE JW!!! hehehe*
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #67
666fast
Regular User

well your half way there i would say. in fact, it is a mutilation of a man, woman, giraffe and hippopotomus. the penis of a man, the tits of a woman, the ass of a giraffe and the face of a hippo!!
Dan, do the world a favor and never have kids.

Squeek, get a Saxo VTS. That way you'll have a cool car and be faster than Gis. Otherwise a Mini would be damn cool.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #68
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
well your half way there i would say. in fact, it is a mutilation of a man, woman, giraffe and hippopotomus. the penis of a man, the tits of a woman, the ass of a giraffe and the face of a hippo!!
Dan, do the world a favor and never have kids.

Squeek, get a Saxo VTS. That way you'll have a cool car and be faster than Gis. Otherwise a Mini would be damn cool.
ray vs dan = ray owned

anyway insuring a VTS as a first car is pretty much impossible,LOL
but i reckon a mini is a good choice or the 205 GTI which if found a good one can be quicker than my VTR,lol

Old 05-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #69
coombsie66
Regular User

Insurance is the killer in england, u can get sum really quick cars for under 10k but the insurance is astronomic, so no one under 25 can get em. U'll never get a 205 GTI 1.9 insured under 21 at least, its a bastard, but just get sumthing for your 1st year that you wont waste money on and wont crash, then after a few year no claims bonus think about a nice car.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:08 PM   #70
Squeek
Regular User

do you lot think that a 205 Gti 1.6 or 1.4 (which is best 4 me?) is insurable pour moi? and how much? cheers. i really wanna no cos im gna start looking soon. took a mock theory test n past, 30 outa 35 8)

*I LOVE JW!!! hehehe*
Old 05-28-2004, 02:26 PM   #71
coombsie66
Regular User

As soon as you go to insurance company at an age of under 21, with any car thats a GTI, or any other form of sporty model then they just laugh at you.
The VTR is pretty good as its low insurance company, same as my car, group 9 i think. but the old GTI's are lkike group 15 insurance! And ur fucked for getttin them insured.
A 1.4 pug 205 would be an awrite start, cus u can pick up the 1.9 GTI wheels to wack on it for cheap.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:34 PM   #72
Squeek
Regular User

good thinking lad. its not fair is it! i aint gonna be racing round everywhere trying not to mow down people as i move all over the road ( :roll: ) hehehe. so u wreckon the vtr is a gud car? problem is i cant afford it i dont think, id have to save up for a fair bit. im just wanting a first car that is fair nippy that i can modify with a cheap insurance group up to a grand (£). any ideas? 8)

*I LOVE JW!!! hehehe*
Old 05-29-2004, 02:47 AM   #73
Gallardo_lover
Regular User

Has anyone seen a set of those crazy wheels that are on a fly-wheel, so when you stop the wheels keep on spinning? Pics? Clips?
Old 05-29-2004, 05:59 AM   #74
gis
Regular User

^^^ always one :roll:

Old 05-29-2004, 06:05 AM   #75
cho_888
Regular User

lol spinners, you should have seen top gear the other week lol, jeremy "blinged" his volvo with them