Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #61
gis
Regular User

Dam dude,more to add to the collection,i am very impressed with it,were did u get all these latest ones? do you have a deal with a local shop or just search ebay?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #62
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by martin100
Amazing collection! My brother has a nice one aswell, but only with the original stuff from the 70s and 80s. He has some pretty rare stuff like Faker, Clamp Champ and Mosquitor still in their retail package
that is expensive He-Man stuff !
the SW vintage ones are also at least 30-40 bucks.

Originally Posted by gis
Dam dude,more to add to the collection,i am very impressed with it,were did u get all these latest ones? do you have a deal with a local
shop or just search ebay?
I buy them by the case of 12 at EntertainmentEarth.com, have them shipped to the US then here, sometimes I don't keep all, specially this year that there are gonna be a lot of repacks (Hasbros way of makin money), so I sell them or trade them with other collectors, for example for these new ones, I purchased 36 figs in total and kept just 15. I also buy at amazon.com to get the Toys R Us exclusives and use ebay just to get figures from past collections as the current ones are more expensive there, at EE are about regular retail.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #63
gis
Regular User

interesting and a good way of doing it i suppose.

well congrats on the new purchases and good luck with your collection

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:43 PM   #64
bmagni
Regular User

thnx dude, ill keep the topic updated, more are to come in the next few days, im getting around 5 figs a month, this month i will get more, some are on their way here others in backorder.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #65
bmagni
Regular User

Cinema Scenes from POTF Collection:

Jabba's Skiff Guards: Nikto, Barada and Klaadu

Cantina Showdown: Dr. Evazan, Ponda Baba and Obi-Wan

Death Star Escape: Han Solo, Chewbacca and Luke

Final Jedi Duel: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader and Luke

Mynock Hunt: Chewbacca, Leia and Han

From Episode 1:

Mos Espa Encounter: Sebulba, Jar Jar and Anakin, with Commtech chip

From Episode 3:

Jedi Temple Assault: Darth, Clone Pilot and 3 501st Legion Troopers, with 2 extra and 2 I already had.

From The Saga Collection:

Darth Vader (Hoth) and Holographic Ki-Adi Mundi

Foul Moudama and General Grievous

Lushros Dofine and Firespeed Pilot

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker

Ultimate Galactic Hunt (Special Cardboard, base and Pewter like Holo figure) Commander Cody and another Utapau Clone Trooper
Old 04-18-2006, 01:08 AM   #66
fabro_s
Regular User

What a great collection you have mate, congrats, you keep them in the box? or just for the pic?

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:14 AM   #67
taygunho
Regular User

Nice collection. It's so bad I can't find thid figures in Turkey. I had Luke Skywalkers figure about 9-10 years ago but my mom give it to my cousine because I am too big to "play" with figures. I am still angry with her because of that.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #68
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s
What a great collection you have mate, congrats, you keep them in the box? or just for the pic?

Thnx.
I open them, theyre closed just for the pictures. Though from the last 2 collections (ROTS and this one) you can keep the boxes with the blisters almost intact and take out the figures, so because now I don't have a display I am keeping the figures in the case so i don't use more space.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:44 AM   #69
bmagni
Regular User

First of all, the numbers, I just made a count of how many figs I have and it comes down to the number of 520 !!! between which there are:

25 Lukes, 17 Anakins, 16 Vaders, 21 Obis, 12 Yodas, 11 Palpatines, 10 R2s, 5 C-3POs, 14 Hans, 10 Chewies, 7 Padmes, 12 Leias, 44 Jedis, 15 Cantina Aliens, 18 Jabbas Aliens, 77 Clone Troopers, 11 Stormtroopers, etc.

The Army

George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise, to get the figure you must buy 5 other figs, mail the proof of purchase of each (they're different so you must buy the 5 different figs) and mail it with 5 bucks... i got it on ebay

Lucas Family Set. Starwarsshop.com exclusive, features Lucas and his sons in the characters of the cameos they made on EP III

POTJ Sandtrooper

Saga Rappertunie and J'Quille, the first one is from Jabba's Palace and the second from Jabba's Sail Barge

Stormtrooper Army Builder 10x

Utapau Clone Troopers, I already had 2 and bought this extra 3 here in Mexico, notice the difference in the box, this ones don't contain the backdrop and come in 3 languages

Bespin Vader and Tatooine Luke, from now on figures will come with red "holograms" instead of blue

Hem Dazon and Momaw Nandon who was already released but this is a new sculpt

Garindan (also re-released with a new sculpt) and Sandtrooper

R5-D4, new sculpt, if you twist its head an antenna pops out

X-Wing Power F/X, its an old ship, I've been wanting this for some years now as it comes better scaled and the sounds are pretty cool

Clone Wars Gunship, featured in the Cartoon Network series, its a Toys R Us exclusive.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:55 PM   #70
bmagni
Regular User

Hoth AT-AT. Its already opened but re sealed it and was too lazy to take it out for the pics

Darth Sidious Holograph from Episode I. I had this figure in my hands long time ago along with 3 or 4 more figs from the same collection, they were priced at 7 dlls each + tax and I decided to leave them and buy them other time... now each of them are worth around 25 dlls and up.

Darth Vaders Advanced TIE X1. Its a repaint of an old vehicle but I didn't have it.

Demise of Grievous. Target Exclusive.

Hunt for Grievous. Toys R Us exclusive. This set goes with the Gunship in my post above, the set is cool but the blue ARC Troopers articulation sucks.

Mace Windus Jedi Starfighter. Purple ships are cool

Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter from Attack of the Clones.

Obi Wans Jedi Starfighter from Revenge of the Sith. Toys R Us Exclusive. This is the ship he uses to go to Utapau, where he fights Grievous

Shadow Stormtrooper. StarWarsShop.com exclusive and belongs to a comic called Crimson Empire, where two characters (Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax) fight for the control of the Empire post Emperor. Their figures will be released next month.

Shock Trooper and 501st Legion Trooper. Repacks from last year but I like troops

Skirmish in the Senate. Target Exclusive. Yoda and Palpatine are repacks and the Shock Troopers are repaints of the "Super Articulated" mold as oposed to the previous one thats "Quick Draw" mold
Old 11-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #71
bmagni
Regular User

Anakin Skywalker's Enhanced Jedi Starfighter, pretty tough to find, it retails for about 160 U$

Clone Wars Gunship

Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter, repaint of Obi's Starfighter from AOTC

X-Wing from Dagobah, Toys "R" Us Exclusive, I love it, looks so great packed.

Zev Senesca's Snowspeeder, my first Snowspeeder, the packing is pretty cool, and the exclusive figure also.

501st Stormtrooper, San Diego Comic Con Exclusive. This was made specially for the 501st Legion, a SW fan-made club of Troopers. Vader's Legion was named after them. If you're a member of it you can change the back pic with your own without opening it.

Kir Kanos & Carnor Jax internet exclusive. This guys are from a comic clled Crimson Empire which occurs after Episode VI. They're royal guards and they fight for the being the succesor of the Emperor.

Mace Windu's Attack Battallion. Just released, the clone with the different helmet is the first time it comes out in retail.

A New Hope Litograph

Empire Strikes Back Litograph

Return of the Jedi Litograph

Commemorative Tin Collection Episodes I, II and III. I still have to get IV,V and VI

Power of the Jedi Teebo

Saga 2 Darth Vader and Holographic Darth Maul

Saga 2 Endor Rebel Trooper and Naboo Soldier

Saga 2 Gragra and Representative Been

Saga 2 Luke Skywalker (Endor) and Dud Bolt & Mars Guo
Old 11-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #72
novass
Regular User

Good lord man! Your collection is enormous! :shock:

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #73
TNT
Regular User

well...... going back a ways in the thread, nerd that is a great collection.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #74
TopGearNL
Regular User

Man a man, you are truly a great fan and a monster collector :shock:

Great collection!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #75
a007apl
Regular User

:shock:
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote