Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-25-2005, 09:06 PM   #766
tuffguy
Regular User

For those of you who need a USB drive: Office Depot has a 256mb Cruzer drive for $15.

Also, I finished my first lap around the 'Ring. 8'53 in a Z4. Go me!
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:07 PM   #767
tuffguy
Regular User

Btw, what's the best truck to get? I'm guessing the X-runner, but I'd like to make sure. (weight-to-power?)
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 PM   #768
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I just looked through Nissan's new car line up...and the GT-R concept...can you say, PLATFORM SHARING?
Not sure what you are talking about? Platform as in engine wise? I am really tired after writing that damn page on my site!

Originally Posted by tuffguy
Btw, what's the best truck to get? I'm guessing the X-runner, but I'd like to make sure. (weight-to-power?)
Thats my guess? Unless you get the Ram. I might get the X - Runner or the Lightening......maybe the Xrunner!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:27 PM   #769
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I just looked through Nissan's new car line up...and the GT-R concept...can you say, PLATFORM SHARING?
Not sure what you are talking about? Platform as in engine wise? I am really tired after writing that damn page on my site!
i mean chassis. everything between the bumpers is Z.they didn't even try to hide it

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #770
Pimp Racer
Regular User

My very first photmode shot!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #771
TT
Regular User

Dang, am I the only one that find the photmode totally useless and boring now that I have the game? The basic idea was cute, but hell, I'd rather go out and take real pics or, if I need to be stuck in front of my TV, at least I will race or whatever, but after the first 2 pics I already "dumped" the photomode and I doubt I will use it that much :bah: wasted time for the programmers as already pointed out...

Anyway, 3:30 am, got the A license with all silvers and 5 golds, now working on the IB, first 6 tests done (silver obviously) and I can have some sleep
Old 02-25-2005, 10:55 PM   #772
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
edit:

anyone else annoyed how long you have to wait just to change your oil?! i mean.. COME ON!
LOL, yeah I did notice, but I'm a sucker for the cheesy BGM in a lot of the menu/gt auto/car showroom screens! ops:

Quite a number of TVRs and Lotuses popping up in the used cars now and again. Only thing I've bought so far is a used Civic so I could put a wing and nitrous on it (j/k about the wing and nitrous, but I like my type R's hehe)

Most of you guys are well ahead of me in the game but someone keeps hassling me to put fucking shelves up, walk dogs, clean shit and generally distract from my GT4 time!!! Women!!!!!!!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:07 PM   #773
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Pimp Racer, you got a list of which USB thumb drives work with GT4?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:31 PM   #774
coloradosilver
Regular User

Does anyone else have a problem with the screen "shaking" a little here and there. Like the graphics are uneven or the PS2 is having issues with the disc? I really hope it's not just me. What causes this?
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #775
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Dang, am I the only one that find the photmode totally useless and boring now that I have the game? The basic idea was cute, but hell, I'd rather go out and take real pics or, if I need to be stuck in front of my TV, at least I will race or whatever, but after the first 2 pics I already "dumped" the photomode and I doubt I will use it that much :bah: wasted time for the programmers as already pointed out...

Anyway, 3:30 am, got the A license with all silvers and 5 golds, now working on the IB, first 6 tests done (silver obviously) and I can have some sleep
it might be useless to you but for the average person who doesnt take alot of pictures such as me find it very interesting.

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Does anyone else have a problem with the screen "shaking" a little here and there. Like the graphics are uneven or the PS2 is having issues with the disc? I really hope it's not just me. What causes this?
Yup its a glitch passed down from the Japanesse version of the game. Dont worry about it though. It appears for like 2 or 3 seconds in the beginnning of the game and then it goes away!

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Pimp Racer, you got a list of which USB thumb drives work with GT4?
Yes sir!
Taken from - http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52835

Confirmed working hardware:
- Creative MuVo MP3 player
- Kingston Data Traveller USB Pen Drive
- Sony Pocket Bit USB memory
- Sony Micro Vault
- SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive
- Media Gear 7-in-1 USB 2.0 memory card reader w/ PQI 256mb Hi-Speed Compact Flash

Unconfirmed working hardware:

Incompatible hardware:
- SanDisk Cruzer Mini USB Flash Drive
- Datel Max Drive USB Memory Device
- Sony Mouse with Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US5

Additional info:
Photos saved to Sony Memory Card is compressed down to approximately 100kb, resulting in minor artifacting when displayed on a computer monitor. Photos saved to USB storage is approximately 250-300kb.

My sister has this one and it works perfectly fine!
My sisters USB/MP3 player thingy is blue.

BTW I heard if you format the USB thingy it will work but I would just buy one of the ones that work. BTW I heard office Depot have a 256 MB USB thing that works with GT4 for ONLY 15 USD! Thats right 15 bucks!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:38 AM   #776
666fast
Regular User

Any of you guys using that Xlink Kai to race each other online? A couple guys at another forum I visit have been using it, they have had good and bad things to say about it.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
Old 02-26-2005, 04:14 AM   #777
RC45
Regular User

For USB storgae this is what I use - for all needs. It is the best of all world.

Cheap, simple, compatible and infinately upgradable - since it reads SD Memory cards.

http://www.lexar.com/readers/trio.html

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #778
tigerx
Regular User

but the questino is, would it work with GT4?
Old 02-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #779
philios55
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
For USB storgae this is what I use - for all needs. It is the best of all world.

Cheap, simple, compatible and infinately upgradable - since it reads SD Memory cards.

http://www.lexar.com/readers/trio.html

Thanks man, great little gadget that i wasn't aware of. I will put it in my wish list for next month.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #780
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Any of you guys using that Xlink Kai to race each other online? A couple guys at another forum I visit have been using it, they have had good and bad things to say about it.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
Yeah I will look into this but right now I need to play more GT4 and get practice and some $$$ for cars! Rigth now I have 1.5 million credits day 112!
The cars I have are 2 Nismo 400r's Caddy Cien! 1 Nismo 270R, NSX, TMRTC or whatever it is, Nike car , 3 Autobianchis! BTW if anyone wants a page on my site full of their photomode pictures please PM me or post it in this thread and I will make a page for you as long as you keep it updated every week or so!