Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-29-2004, 05:36 AM   #991
draak666
Regular User

Man, I have been on smallband for five consequtive days. Now that my mum starts using internet and my dad being on vacation at home they're sucking up all of our bandwidth. I don't dare to think about what I missed the passed two months.

Anyway, that makes it all the more exiting to return and find some excellent fresh videos. Vicky in the Z4 was nice, but the Exige video was the best. I like how these guys edit their videos, I like the shots they make, I like the way they drive their cars. IMO they give you the best impression on any car. Thanks a lot for this vid!
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:27 PM   #992
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Originally Posted by AlienDB7
The Z4 video is off 4th episode of 5th Gear series 2, it's one of the few episodes Jabba didn't cap. Tiff reviewed the hummer H2 in that episode as well. No, he didn't do any powerslide in it
You don't happen to have the whole episode ...
Just happen to be sorting out Jabba's 5th Gear caps last night and guess what I've found... the S2 PR4 of 5th Gear! It's only 58M so I can send it to you if you want.

As it turns out, the episodes airred on Channel 5 are different from the ones on the Discovery Channel. I compared old (channel 5) and new caps (discovery) of Jabba's and basically they're showing features in different order / episodes. Strangely enough, Speed Channel in NA seems to be showing the discovery channel edit :roll:

Akshay: I usually time record the shows using my TV Tuner to AVI. Then I have to edit the video and encode it to DivX/VCD/SVCD.

http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/wi..._deluxe_1.html
This is the TV Tuner I have, not the best but it works and doesn't break the wallet. There're much better ones out there.

draak: welcome back! I've been missing quite a bit of stuff too. Constantly running low in disk space and don't have enough time to catch up Time to pick up more blanks and start burning.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 02:43 PM   #993
-Akshay-
Regular User

alright thanx

sorry for buggin

1 more thing

i have new graphic card which got S-video port in it, so if i want to see movie on tv from pc i just plug-in the cable, so is there can i do backwards like, play whatever playing on tv to my pc?

thanx
-Akshay- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:48 PM   #994
1zippo1
Regular User

Just happen to be sorting out Jabba's 5th Gear caps last night and guess what I've found... the S2 PR4 of 5th Gear! It's only 58M so I can send it to you if you want.

As it turns out, the episodes airred on Channel 5 are different from the ones on the Discovery Channel. I compared old (channel 5) and new caps (discovery) of Jabba's and basically they're showing features in different order / episodes. Strangely enough, Speed Channel in NA seems to be showing the discovery channel edit :roll:
ops: I've been sorting my 5th gear episodes too and I was very surprised when you said jabba had ripped that episode with the Hummer, because I've never missed any of those. So I looked it up and I came to the conclusion that I had it allready ops:

Sorry for wasting your time, I assumed to soon that I hadn't seen the Hummer feature because it was in the same episode as the Z4 feature. But as you said, they've mixed it up.

Thanks anyway for your time. If you happen to come accross something new on 5th gear again however, we would all be glad to see that.

greetingz
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 06:07 PM   #995
X-ale
Regular User

Originally Posted by -Akshay-
alright thanx

sorry for buggin

1 more thing

i have new graphic card which got S-video port in it, so if i want to see movie on tv from pc i just plug-in the cable, so is there can i do backwards like, play whatever playing on tv to my pc?

thanx
Dude, i'll be very ******* polite: you know the ******* box that was around your ******* video card, it answers ******* evrything your asking in the ******* back of it. As to the ******* "how to", that's all in the little ******* manual that ******* came with it. I hope ******* you know what ******* brand it is so if you ******* need ******* technical support go the their official web ******* site. :roll:
Old 08-29-2004, 06:12 PM   #996
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by X-ale
Originally Posted by -Akshay-
alright thanx

sorry for buggin

1 more thing

thanx
Dude, i'll be very ******* polite: you know the ******* box that was around your ******* video card, it answers ******* evrything your asking in the ******* back of it. As to the ******* "how to", that's all in the little ******* manual that ******* came with it. I hope ******* you know what ******* brand it is so if you ******* need ******* technical support go the their official web ******* site. :roll:
I can't believe how patient you are with this guy's incessant whining
Old 08-29-2004, 06:16 PM   #997
AlienDB7
Regular User

So far, the only "new" episode I've got is the Series 1 PR 6. It featured Tiff in MG TF, Adrian in TR5 and Vicki in LoCost racing. Not sure if Jabba capped it or not, at least it's one of the 5th Gear episodes I didn't have.

I get 2 new 5th Gear episodes every week, will keep you posted when there's a new ep for us collectors

Akshay: no, you can't reverse the connection, it may even damage your equipment if you try (rarely). There has to be a reason why it's called the TV-out instead of Video-in.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:22 PM   #998
X-ale
Regular User

Thanks, hope you did the *beep* sound as you read along. Be sure I thaught all the little stars and had to erase many, many more. If your curiosity can't be helped, the ******* = the "f" word + "ing". Now read again and try to imagine the original smilie that came with it
Old 08-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #999
-Akshay-
Regular User

thanx for clearing that out alien

i guess gotta buy that card
Old 08-30-2004, 04:26 AM   #1000
1zippo1
Regular User

So far, the only "new" episode I've got is the Series 1 PR 6. It featured Tiff in MG TF, Adrian in TR5 and Vicki in LoCost racing. Not sure if Jabba capped it or not, at least it's one of the 5th Gear episodes I didn't have.
Looked it up and yes, I've got that episode from a capture from Jabba. Btw, how have you exactly sorted out your episodes? Because the first one's weren't named correctly.

Thanks for providing us with those missing 5th gear features!!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #1001
AlienDB7
Regular User

Basically I cross referenced them with the episodes I've capped from Speed Channel. Since earlier Jabba caps were from Discovery channel, they're virtually identical to the Speed Channel edit (sans Intro). After school starts, maybe I can find some free time to work on a 5th Gear episode guide with a list of all features and the ordering of shows

Got a bad news, there is no Auto Motor und Sport this week. Seems like PBS screwed up again and they showed some talk show instead :x
Old 08-30-2004, 05:59 PM   #1002
1zippo1
Regular User

Basically I cross referenced them with the episodes I've capped from Speed Channel. Since earlier Jabba caps were from Discovery channel, they're virtually identical to the Speed Channel edit (sans Intro). After school starts, maybe I can find some free time to work on a 5th Gear episode guide with a list of all features and the ordering of shows

Got a bad news, there is no Auto Motor und Sport this week. Seems like PBS screwed up again and they showed some talk show instead :x
Oh, thanks for your proposition but I don't think it's worth spending too much of your time for making such a list. Just wondered if it was somewhere on the internet. I've made my own list of 5th gear and uploaded them to my wespace(I think you know the url ), if there's anything missing from yours I can try to send it to you.

A talk show you say ... pitty, but well we've got some good stuff to look forward too (turbo.fr).
Old 08-31-2004, 04:34 AM   #1003
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
The Z4 video is off 4th episode of 5th Gear series 2, it's one of the few episodes Jabba didn't cap. Tiff reviewed the hummer H2 in that episode as well. No, he didn't do any powerslide in it
You don't happen to have the whole episode ...

Akshay: I usually time record the shows using my TV Tuner to AVI. Then I have to edit the video and encode it to DivX/VCD/SVCD.

http://www.leadtek.com/multimedia/wi..._deluxe_1.html
This is the TV Tuner I have, not the best but it works and doesn't break the wallet. There're much better ones out there.

draak: welcome back! I've been missing quite a bit of stuff too. Constantly running low in disk space and don't have enough time to catch up Time to pick up more blanks and start burning.
This is why I have almost given up on 5th gear from the discovery channel. They have screwed around with all the episodes which started to give me the mother of all headaches.

The most outrageous example of this was reviewing a red noble which at the time hadn't even been shownon the current series being shown
on channel five (it followed about three weeks later).

It would seem that channel five just give the discovery channel all their un-edited and sometimes un-used video footage and the discovery channel makes a new mutant show out of it.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:05 PM   #1004
AlienDB7
Regular User

Or that edit is the one channel 5 gives to other stations. Not sure about the one airred in australia but the version shown in north america on speed channel is exactly the same as the one on Discovery.

At least for series 1, there're only 8 episodes for the mutant edit. Were there 10 for the channel 5 version?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 AM   #1005
stradale
Regular User

I took Zippo's advice and downloaded the Exige clip. I don't regret it... Brilliant footage and driving!!! I loved it. Thanks a lot, Alien and Zippo.