Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
TeflonTron
Regular User

Default Supra/Mustang vs Murcielago?

I posted the below on another car forum, and all of the replies so far have been somthing like "My Camaro with 400BHP would eat a Murcielago" or "My Supra would kill any Lamborghini" and the usual crap. I'm hoping for a much better set of answers and a warmer discussion here.

"I've seen a lot of Supra, Mustang and Lamborghini videos in my time, but one question has never really been answered: how much BHP and Torque would a Supra and Mustang need in order to stay in the race with say a Murcielago? I know that Supras enjoy races from a Roll, but a Murcielago has such wide gearing that it can start a 70MPH Roll-On and still be at the bottom of 2nd gear, whereas its Traction Control and AWD means that it can rip it hard from a standing start, if the driver doesn't mind smoking the clutch a little. The Mustang and Supra are both lighter than the Murcielago, but I'm guessing that they would both need maybe 650BHP at the crank, due to the gearing, wide power-band and huge traction of the Murcielago? However, even with 650BHP at the crank I'm still thinking that the Murcielago would eat them when the big numbers of like 140MPH or 150MPH or so comes up? Thoughts? Comments?

This is not meant to be a flame on the Supra or Mustang, simply a discussion so that I can widen my knowledge.