Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 06-21-2005, 11:56 PM   #91
DeMoN
Regular User

If you get V1 its really easy as the hard wire cable connects to a provided plastic. The plastic thingy you get with your V1 is like a clip which you clip on one cable. What this does is provide power tot he V1 unit when the car ignition is turned on, and off when the key is turned to off.

So basically, you only pinch a cable on your fuse box, connect the provided hard wire cable, and go from that to your V1. Very very easy to do.

For grafical instructions, go to www.valentine1.com and dload the owners manual. There are pictured instructions on how to do this yourself.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:44 AM   #92
T-Bird
Regular User

I would go for the exhaust it sounds soo nice Last weekend (not this past one but the one before) we were leaving HIN and followed a Nismo 350Z and went playing on some backroads (Sheridan road for those that know it) and it almost sounded Ferrari esque not the same but close.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:15 AM   #93
sameerrao
Regular User

Looking good Demon! It looks mean with all the tint action.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:20 AM   #94
DeMoN
Regular User

Upgrades will come later. I need to break in engine first. GTR overlays yep I plan on getting those. They look great on black cars too! Rumor has it that 06 will have D2R headlights like BMW's so instead of lights being white, they will be blue. If this does happen, I think I might upgrade.

About the exhaust, I've been told borla makes some nice, yet stockish, sound. I just became a member of the Florida G35 club (www.floridag35club.com) so whenever I go to a meet, I'll get to hear exhausts and decide once hearing em
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 AM   #95
gbg
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I resized them already, but I will wait for this to go on to next page. There are several pictures in this page already. Dont want to be mean to those 56k ers.
Looks like this is the last post for page number 5... we're there already... so, time for the pics!

btw your license plate is cool
gbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #96
DeMoN
Regular User

How do you know its the last post? BTW thanx bout the license plate =D Its my last name too Luksic. Since Regina is my wife, she is Regina Luksic.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #97
DeMoN
Regular User

1st Car wash
So I woke up at 5am to start washing. I knew it was going to be hard job taking those protective films.

I finished taking them all. I washed the car and dried her up (by that time, there was daylight already).

After drying, I started inspecting every single part where the tape used to be. I knew I would find something:

Thats when I decided to use Zaino's Clay Bar. While Clay baring, I could see a difference in texture where the covered metal used to be.

After hours of taking all those little dirt lines off, I moved the car and dried her. At that time, I realized that I had the timestamp function off so I enabled it (as seen on 2nd pic down here). Basically, It took me from 5 to 10am to strip out the protective film and take away those fine dirt lines where the protective film used to be.
[img=http://img264.echo.cx/img264/737/firstwash223id.th.jpg]

Or so I thought... upon closer look, 5 to 10am was not enough to clean those small thin dirt lines! I had to clay bar again and car wash again (1 hour and 47 minutes later plus 15 minutes to dry her reall well)

I then applied Z6 to take away all waterspots so that I could start Waxing. After Z6, we start getting somewhere... now she looks nice.

12:48 to 1:48 I get on the first Z5 layer... followed by Z6 clean down. Second layer of Z5, clean down with Z6 (Ending at 3:23pm).

4:26 I finished applying Z2, and finish wiping her down at 5pm.

At 5:34 I finished applying the new Z8 Grand Finale and she was a mirror!

7:20pm, I finished applying two coats of P21S Carnauba Wax and I was exhausted. I needed some food, but she was worth it!

Next Day
I applied a final P21S coat and decided to take some pics as by the time I finished the previous day, it was too dark to get proper pics.

She was so shiny that it was hard to have the camera focuse on the car instead of the reflection the metal made.
vs

Oh yes, did I mention that 2 days after, it rained? Gotta love Florida summer weather!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #98
5vz-fe
Regular User

http://rapidshare.de/files/2549146/G...Large.wmv.html

You prolly have this, but if u don't, u should take alook.

Borla is one of the most quiet aftermarket exhaust u can get. (Desirable for some ppl)

*EDIT* Sorry about the rain.......all the hardwork, I understand how u feel.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #99
saadie
Regular User

awsome car demon .. with the plates it looks even more kewl
and nice story ... u should buy a diary u know .. .
btw i dont see an engine shot :roll:
Old 06-22-2005, 01:21 PM   #100
DeMoN
Regular User

Engine shots were shown on 1st page

here is another one:

Hows this for a diary?

5vz-fe - WOW that borla is niice. I was TOLD that it was close to stock, but better. And it also increases HP a little. I dont want my car to sound like a civic, and I think borla does the trick just right! What a great comparison video. Where did you get that? Are there any more comparisons? Stock vs _____ ?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:23 PM   #101
saadie
Regular User

haha ... thats awsome fer a diary 8) ....
thx fer the engine shot ..
and yes tht borla is nice
Old 06-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #102
5vz-fe
Regular User

Sorry man, u are one step too late, I cleaned up my harddrive last month....this is the comparison that is left (I'll do a search later and see if there are any other remains ok?) As for the video, I get it from G35Driver.com They have been there since the first G35 sedan came out, so it is a pretty good resource if u wanna find out reviews of different modifications.

*EDIT*

http://rapidshare.de/files/2549995/G...Large.wmv.html

This is the same car as the last video, but with more mods this time. As u can see, the borla remains very stock like even with more engine mods.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #103
DeMoN
Regular User

I am a member at g35driver too. Actrually, I am Premier and member of the Florida G35 Club lol. I saw them vids posted once, but forgot to get them.

Since you dont have them now, but you have seen them all. Which exhaust sounds the best? (Remember I dont want to sound like riced up civic).
Old 06-22-2005, 03:53 PM   #104
5vz-fe
Regular User

My cousin has a G35 sedan with Stillen exhaust, it's nice sound at the track, but too loud on the streets (not ricers loud tho) and there are resonance frequency going into the cabin at 2~3000 rpm. Fujitsubo exhaust is slighty quieter than the Stillen and has a deeper sound to it, but also on the loud side and it doesn't come with a y or mid pipe.

If u like the first borla vid, I am sure borla would be a good choice for you, coz most after exhaust are wayyyy lounder the the borla one. Plus borla is comparably cheaper than others so u can spend the rest on other things.

http://www.zfilms.org/SportZMag/DynoDay2003/

Give this site a try .... see if there are any sound u like
Old 06-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #105
T-Bird
Regular User

Wow Borla cheaper than most? Last time I checked they were like double the cost on half their exhaust systems since they are one of the few that actually use 100% T-304 stainless and as for the quiet thing I doubt that is the same for most cars Borla's on big V8s are pretty damn loud at WOT. I would go with Borla though just because they are quality and that's what you pay for. for example Flowmaster for my car $350-400 Borla $700-$1000.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote