Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 03-27-2005, 07:12 PM   #1066
gucom
Regular User

THANKS for the 959 review st-anger! its great, it was one of the first porsches i fell in love with...
Old 03-28-2005, 01:03 AM   #1067
dingo
Regular User

thanks st-anger for these latest scans, look forward to reading them - especially the 2 about the 993TT I saw one the other day and spent a good 20 minutes looking over and taking pics of the car - while I should have been at work ops:
Old 03-29-2005, 01:23 PM   #1068
robruf
Regular User

thanks for the 959 scan, in my mind it is one of the best cars ever, it is still almost faster than anything on sale today
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:22 PM   #1069
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
thanks for the 959 scan, in my mind it is one of the best cars ever, it is still almost faster than anything on sale today
I have never really grown to like it, of course there is no doubting its performance but the looks really don't do it for me
Old 03-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #1070
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
Originally Posted by robruf
I have never really grown to like it, of course there is no doubting its performance but the looks really don't do it for me
..... :cry: don´t be too strict

naaa, seriously from an engineers point of view the 959 is just ...... well no words, i LOVE it...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #1071
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
..... :cry: don´t be too strict

naaa, seriously from an engineers point of view the 959 is just ...... well no words, i LOVE it...
I can agree on that, I've heard that many times before but the looks just don't do it for me. It's also a pitty you never see it in any review. Allmost all the supercars from that era are featured in some video from JC, but the 959 was never in one. Not even in any AMS video...

Still, thx for the scans, I will surely read the 959 article!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:40 PM   #1072
lakatu
Regular User

The 959 was a fantastic car so advanced for its time. I think it is one of those cars that looks much better in person but can’t confirm that . I wish they would have made it a little more sports car oriented but at the time it was made more people were interested in a GT than a true sports car. I know they made a few lighter weight versions but I wish that for example the suspension was a little stiffer. The suspensions where pretty soft with quite a bit of roll. It would have been interesting to see what a 959 would have done on the NS with a better setup and in competition with their 961 race version.

The thing I find so amazing is the advancement that has been made in automotive technology since the 959. Porsche spent so much $ on that car and poured everything they knew into it and yet 8 years later a normally aspirated 993 could keep up with it on the NS :shock: .

St-anger what is your opinion of the AWD system on the 959 was it just too complicated and overkill. It seems like Porsche has been trending towards lighter simpler AWD systems that are less involved, unless needed, after introducing the AWD on the 959. Great article though . Thanks.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #1073
lakatu
Regular User

Check out this website. It has a large selection of various Porsche scans in 1024x768 http://www.allsportauto.com/english/porsche.php
Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 AM   #1074
dingo
Regular User

^ thanks for the link lakatu, I've seen it before but lost the link

Another scan here, found it on the net so no credit to me

997 Carrera S test in Car and Driver
Old 04-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #1075
gucom
Regular User

Thanks dingo, good test scans arent high res, but its easy to read and the pics are still good so i dont mind
Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #1076
st-anger
Regular User

Sport Auto Supertest: Porsche 997 Carrera S
Porsche 911
Old 04-23-2005, 02:03 PM   #1077
st-anger
Regular User

:arrow: CGT track test article
Porsche 911
Old 04-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #1078
gucom
Regular User

thanks good to see a journalist who knows just how lucky he is
Old 04-25-2005, 09:12 PM   #1079
lakatu
Regular User

Found this pdf article that is an article of Manthey's cars including their race cars. The article is in German but it lists NS lap times . http://www.manthey-motors.de/nextsho...pdf.asp?id=217
St-anger mentioned the article and included a series of photos from it in this post http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...manthey#280442
Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #1080
J-San
Regular User

Originally Posted by lakatu
The 959 was a fantastic car so advanced for its time. I think it is one of those cars that looks much better in person but can’t confirm that . I wish they would have made it a little more sports car oriented but at the time it was made more people were interested in a GT than a true sports car. I know they made a few lighter weight versions but I wish that for example the suspension was a little stiffer. The suspensions where pretty soft with quite a bit of roll. It would have been interesting to see what a 959 would have done on the NS with a better setup and in competition with their 961 race version.

The thing I find so amazing is the advancement that has been made in automotive technology since the 959. Porsche spent so much $ on that car and poured everything they knew into it and yet 8 years later a normally aspirated 993 could keep up with it on the NS :shock: .

St-anger what is your opinion of the AWD system on the 959 was it just too complicated and overkill. It seems like Porsche has been trending towards lighter simpler AWD systems that are less involved, unless needed, after introducing the AWD on the 959. Great article though . Thanks.
If you are a 959 lover, you'll like this: it's simply the best and most complete and extensive article I've seen on the 959.

http://www.autozine.org/959/959_1.htm
J-San is offline   Reply With Quote