Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #106
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Nice tv RC. I know a uncle who has one that is the same size I think but it has speakers on the sides. Saw it at his house when he had a Super Bowl Party last year. It is freaking great in person man!
Yeah, the same TV with the surround sound built into the "elephant ears' is about $1800 extra.. and if you saw it last year, that means he was a "launch" buyer.. launch price for that bad boy was about $8000... hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #107
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

That is a neat setup RC puts my tiny 32" to shame, BIG TIME!
Old 01-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #108
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Not at all man.. everyone's setup deserves praise and credit... It's been a long time coming this upgrade, be patient - the way prices are falling, you'll have an 80" Plasma before you know it
Old 01-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #109
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
Nice tv RC. I know a uncle who has one that is the same size I think but it has speakers on the sides. Saw it at his house when he had a Super Bowl Party last year. It is freaking great in person man!
Yeah, the same TV with the surround sound built into the "elephant ears' is about $1800 extra.. and if you saw it last year, that means he was a "launch" buyer.. launch price for that bad boy was about $8000... hehe
I guess I forgot to say that bastard is loaded. hehe
We are thinking about a 65inch Mitishibushi (SP?) DLP for the living room and if I can convince my dad I saw a few cheap 42 inch, 1080p, hdmi outputting tv's for around 1500-1700 for my room. So gotta be very good for about one or two months since that will be about the time when the house will be done and about the time when we will purchase the TV's. *crosses fingers*

Originally Posted by RC45
Not at all man.. everyone's setup deserves praise and credit... It's been a long time coming this upgrade, be patient - the way prices are falling, you'll have an 80" Plasma before you know it
Also I heard some of the major manafacutres of LCD's got busted for price fixing so this might help make it easier to afford a nice tv and also some thing about overproducing them. No clue if the second one is true or not.

*EDIT*
Nice Signature and Avatar combonitation McLaren4eVa!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #110
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

^^ Thanks, love that building just ashame it doesn't make the cars go any faster lol.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 AM   #111
gigdy
Regular User

your gonna have to start watching out for guys who want to date your daughter just so they can play with your electronics and whatnot. (when shes old enough which i presume will be never)
Old 01-05-2007, 02:13 AM   #112
RC45
Regular User

Here is the PS3 Web Browser in action.

You can have 6 browsers open at once, and ALT-Tab between them, and they can be viewed page or full screen at a time.

Wireless keyborad/trackball in hand and kicked back on the couch is the only way to browse JW..

Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #113
ViperASR
Regular User

wow RC, awesome awesome setup. I'm increadably jelous!

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #114
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
wow RC, awesome awesome setup. I'm increadably jelous!
Now imagine how I feel when I go to the race track, and guys pull up with tractor trailors loaded up with 6 priceless Ferraris just to play with on a Sunday morning..
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #115
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

So heres a question for you RC. Should I get one over the 360? Is the extra money worth it?
Old 01-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #116
ARMAN
Regular User

HOLISHIT :shock: thats what I call browsing in style!

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #117
TopGearNL
Regular User

Wireless keyborad/trackball in hand and kicked back on the couch is the only way to browse JW..
Thats the spirit!

JW Pimp!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #118
RC45
Regular User

So heres a question for you RC. Should I get one over the 360? Is the extra money worth it?
If you are a Microsoft Home Theatre PC kind of person, you probably are better off going with the 360 and all the Micro$haft addons... but if you are not going to be streaming your video from the PC via the XBox360 then its whether the PS3 games and Blu-Ray is of more use to you than the XBox360 games and HD-DVD.

For me, I was completely blown away by a demonstration of Blu-Ray on a 73" 1080p HD TV... and It left a bigger impression on my mind than the 1080i (upscaled to 1080p) HD-DVD demo.

Native and simple 1080p support from the player, system and Blu-Ray over the native 1080i and not so simple support from the player and system for HD-DVD is what won me over.

We did not have any type of HD tv until now, so we decided to go in at the top and future proof ourselves a little bit.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #119
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Very nice RC! Damn now I just want it even more...but I dont think I will get/want one till GT5 comes out as I only play mostly racing games or sports. Also RC when viewing the web sites how are the load times for pages? Fast...slow....inbetween? I heard some people bitching about load times being slow. But I also heard Sony fixed alot of the problems.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #120
666fast
Regular User

Looking good RC. BTW, I like your hardwood flooring.

Is there an InfraRed port anywhere ont he PS3? Seems like a major oversight on Sony's part. If you want the PS3 to be the main media portal for peoples home, it seems kind of dumb to render programmable remotes useless.

Bah, whatever.

Nice TV though, congrats! You've made me jealous and I'm considering picking up an HDTV now.Should I consider my Tax return spent? LOL

Off to do more research, I think I might do it.