Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:49 PM   #106
callen
Regular User

well I know i dont have ANY money to contribute right now to Jabbas world, since I am in University and literally have 250 bucks to my name right now....BUT i do have a credit card and I can always do it the american way: "buy now, pay later" i totally support contributions as long as they are economically feasible for us "poorer' members. 8)
Old 10-11-2005, 10:52 PM   #107
ZfrkS62
Regular User

idea to get around the copyright thing: He legally changes his name to Jabba

Seriously though, i think that for the regular members, an extension of the fast track dl group would be a great idea, extending them into the homemade section of the vault, that would bypass the whole copyright issue about top/5th gear.

dunno what there would be for DL members...but i don't really care, cuz we've been reaping the benefits of Jabba's generousity and the admin's hard work.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 10-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #108
callen
Regular User

yah i dont agree that payment (donation) should make you any more valuable than the next guy who didnt donate as much... plus I thought there was copyright issues with top gear/ 5th gear.... so we shouldnt just let any old guy with $20 bucks access to all the vids... should we? I dont think so, I still believe you have to work for the perks on this site, and that it should not be something you can buy.
And with that said, I will donate without a doubt.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM   #109
T-Bird
Regular User

well I figured something like this was coming someday so I am more than happy to help out anyway I can.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:14 PM   #110
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i'm so behind on my reading in JW. i just found this tread and what ever happened i'm 100% for what ever discission you guys have.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #111
nthfinity
Regular User

.hell I`ll label them Armani if thats what he wants...(this would have to be done in the night time at work tough as faking brand names are not something we do... )
LMAO Brembo, thats hilarious; im all for JW merchandice, but i cirtainly dont want you in jeopardy

whats goin on with phatbimer... he seemed cool enough before?
now it seems hes an asshat

Edit:
Holy crap, i just recieved a costom title! kick ass thankyou Jabba
Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #112
ZfrkS62
Regular User

you just now noticed it? i saw that earlier today

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 10-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #113
nthfinity
Regular User

i spent some hours defragmenting earlier, not much JW surfing earlier today, until about about 15 minutes ago
Old 10-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #114
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Holy crap, i just recieved a costom title! kick ass thankyou sir (Dan?)
I wish i was special too :cry: :cry: :cry: heheh I like ur title its a cool one!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #115
RC45
Regular User

whats goin on with phatbimer... he seemed cool enough before?
now it seems hes an asshat
My observations as well

Edit:
Holy crap, i just recieved a costom title! kick ass thankyou sir (Dan?)
Awesome...

hehe
Old 10-12-2005, 02:59 AM   #116
WhiteP
Regular User

I really like the idea of donation. I just hope that the donation is enough to keep JW running. The initial donation may be big money and enough to help JW solves the current issue since everyone never donate to JW before. However, once members donate to JW a few times or even the first time, they may not or will not donate again after the first few payments. Then JW will face the same problem again.

Anyways, I m really out of idea. If the donation thing is ready, I can always contribute some money. Even though I m saving a downpayment for my first piece of real estate, I really have to help JW. JW is pretty much the best site I can find online, providing so many car videos I ever want, and many nice people like Jabba, TT, Dan, FF and many others....... Thanks! Thank you so much!

Count me in!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 03:00 AM   #117
nchs09

this has to be one of the biggest threads evah. not in size but every reply is like HALF A PAGE

well as a member of jw i dont use the forum alot now to post. i mostly lurk and when i see an intresting topic i post.. but jw still holds a place as one of the only 2 forums i post in.. and i used to post in it ALL THE TIME
but time is not on my side now a days

so whatever u decide.. donations or fee for pics and what not...

i will contribute

*edit*

btw i know whatever happens ill help out BUT so that no more strain happens again in the future... how about regulating size of signatures?

i mean some of them are CRAZY huge and im sure that slows down alot.
also im sure the search button is @ fault for slowing down forums as on www.tranceaddict.com we have THE SAME problem. maybe a way to fix that?

**second edit*** ok read some and saw someone suggested about the sigs. well how about making the avatars only pics and not jifs. look @ urs dan. i mean ya its cool but little here little there helps alot

not putting anything on u. but i say just pics in avatars and not crazy gifs
Old 10-12-2005, 03:51 AM   #118
sameerrao
Regular User

I'm in. The site rocks. Jabba, Pls post the paypal details up.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 10-12-2005, 04:37 AM   #119
Pokiou
Regular User

Hey guys i know i dont come here much but im still willing to put some money in let it be 10 aus or 100 aussie dollars...

this forum is great so keep up the work

Pok
Old 10-12-2005, 05:11 AM   #120
stmoritzer
Regular User

after having read the newest 60 posts :shock: since I left yesterday, I can support the ideas of callen, hamlet and brembo

to make it short: IMO,

free access to the forum for new members for a couple of month, so they will see how cool JW is or leave - and the Oldies and especially the Mods can "check" the new mebers (if you've to pay from start, "nobody" will subscribe without knowing what he gets)
after that, an annual subscriptions is the most faisable way IMO to cover the costs... after subscriptions -> access to UL/DL club (comment: I second the previously mentioned idea of not giving everybody willing to pay a direct access to the vids -> this would end in some guys only downloading the unique amount of HQ-vids from JW server without contributing to the community)

so the subscription and the Access to UL/DL club is somehow connected (it make sense, the big amount of traffic is done in this section, am I right Dan? ) but of course the Mods are free to decide case by case...

Dan/Jabba what do you think about this way foreward ?

8)

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
Closed Thread