Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 05-12-2004, 01:28 PM   #121
st-anger
Regular User

...same here zipp...
i mean, i had the feeling for quite some time that JC might not really like Porsche.....just my view, i don´t watch that much TG, so i wasn´t that surprised that he slightly prefers the SLR...

on the other hand i´ve a friend, i think i told you b4, who had an option on a SLR, actually attended the customer event in france, sure he liked it, who won´t, BUT he also had the option for the CGT too, and after his customer ride in Leipzig he cancled the SLR option....
i think that says it all, he said the SLR is not even close to the performance of the CGT on a tricky track...
the presentation of the SLR took place on a (more or less) oval, so only for showing off the 0-60 performance which is definitely amazing, also a top speed run of real ( GPS ) 205mph, but not a real handling course like it´s in leipzig...
but nevertheless, plz don´t underestimate the SLR too much, it´s a bloody fast car, i´m definitely curious about the NS time, i expect it not to be that much away from the CGT, and the auto box suits the SLR fine, it can´t be compared with a e.g. SL55 box, i´ve heared that from several sources, and they all agreed that the SLR isn´t that far behind from the CGT...

to the PCCC, it´s been again a press car for the TG test, the production cars are very very easy to drive, no need to revv the engine when driving off, one can drive off even without too much gas, just like on a std. Porsche, i couldn´t believe that myself too, because when i had the ride in the CGT (press car) the clutch really seemed to make some "problems", but on the production cars it´s no problem at all, i´ve already tested that
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:41 PM   #122
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
to the PCCC, it´s been again a press car for the TG test, the production cars are very very easy to drive, no need to revv the engine when driving off, one can drive off even without too much gas, just like on a std. Porsche, i couldn´t believe that myself too, because when i had the ride in the CGT (press car) the clutch really seemed to make some "problems", but on the production cars it´s no problem at all, i´ve already tested that
Lucky man

I am not that surprised that JC prefer the SLR, he often have an opinion which differ from the rest of the "world". I suppose that it's his "english side"
But anyway, i am sure the SLR can be surprising in a lot of ways, can' t wait to see it on Top Gear and 5th Gear
Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #123
robruf
Regular User

st-anger, loved that scanning job. The article was super and I would probably choose the CGT as it appeals more to me, if I want a fast Benz I will get a Brabus V12. When I did the DNA test, I came out with the GT2 as my most likely car followed closely by the GT3RS, GT3, Carrera Coupe and the Turbo Coupe. I think that I will take all 5, thank you very much.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:18 AM   #124
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
Aha, very interesting to know!!

I think I've indeed underestimated the SLR too much. Because most reviewers (turbo.fr, Richard Hammond, ...) said it wasn't too good at taking corners like other supercars.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 03:55 AM   #125
WhiteP
Regular User

WOW.. those cars are bloody fast on the track.. 1:20...and 1:19... The SLR really surprised about the performance... I thought it will be 2-3 secs slower than the Carrera...

I m also not too surprised about JC's decision...since he sold his F355 and bought a SL.. may be at his age.. he's simply too tired about supercars.. he wants something easy to drive, luxury and fast...

Thanks for the scan I want to buy this issue..
WhiteP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #126
st-anger
Regular User

AMS: Carrera GT and Abarth Carrera GT-L driven by WR...

:arrow: hi-res pics

page1
page2
page3
page4
page5
page6

again, sorry german only...
Porsche 911
Old 05-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #127
miguellaborde
Regular User

Default Where can I download the GT3 V's Helicopter

Hello, I am new to Jabbas World, could anyone please tell me where exactly i can get a copy of the GT3 Video

Many Thanks

Miguel
miguellaborde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 07:24 PM   #128
5vz-fe
Regular User

Default Re: Where can I download the GT3 V's Helicopter

Originally Posted by miguellaborde
Hello, I am new to Jabbas World, could anyone please tell me where exactly i can get a copy of the GT3 Video

Many Thanks

Miguel
www.racingflix.com
Old 05-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #129
mrzonda
Regular User

thanks st anger, i was in the middle of reading the article in the other thread when the bandwidth was used up, haha
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:56 AM   #130
1zippo1
Regular User

German takes me a bit more effort to read then English, but I'll certainly give it a try!

Thanks for the nice scans St-anger!!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #131
st-anger
Regular User

CGT transmission diagram:

Porsche 911
Old 05-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #132
Toronto
Regular User

can't wait to read that WR artical (have to wait for my dad to come home to translate, he is german )
Old 05-15-2004, 10:03 AM   #133
Kz
Regular User

how can he choose the SLR over the carrera gt!!!!
Kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:13 PM   #134
Chingachgook
Regular User

It's not strage JC choosed hte SLR over the CGT. It's more a GT rather than a Supercar,or better, racecar for the road. Auto gearbox, heavier and more easy to control...but for a true driving lover, the CGT is simply the BEST
Old 05-15-2004, 06:14 PM   #135
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chingachgook
It's not strage JC choosed hte SLR over the CGT. It's more a GT rather than a Supercar,or better, racecar for the road. Auto gearbox, heavier and more easy to control...but for a true driving lover, the CGT is simply the BEST
I think you got it perfectly right.

CGT is a drivers supercar.

SLR is an old mans supercar...easy and relaxing(how ironic)

And the Enzo is a car for an adrenaline junkie...pure G force fest, and more grip then you can handel..........
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote