Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-07-2005, 04:37 AM   #1
Skyliner
Regular User

Default [Update] BMW 325i E30 biturbo

Finally got time to upload some pics of my brothers new car. He sold the red one I posted previous in this thread:
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...highlight=345i

Well this time its a less complicated operation since he is using the original engine to start with.
basically it is a german 1989 BMW 325iA imported to Denmark. It comes without sunroof and electric windows (which is a good thing and what he was looking for), and with 175 tkm on the clock.

The standard engine and box is gonna go and replaced with a biturbo unit and a manual 5-speed.. The engine comes from an old totalled car, so manifold + intercooler is ready to fit, but we are currently making complete new piping since the old one looked like shit plus some of it needed to be changed anyway due to mounting of a new engine management system... Also we are making a complete new 3' stainless exhaust which should be done by the end of this week, and then be send of to welding along with the piping.

Next job is gonna be suspension and brakes. At the front there will be mounted E36 hub, E36 Gewindefahrwerk (don't now the english word here), E36 M3 3,2 wishbones, E30 M3 bushes plus some other parts from an E36. The front brakes are 300 mm and comes from a E46 328i.
The rear suspension and brakes comes from a E36 323i compact
The steering rack will be replaced with one from a E36 M3 3.0

He is not sure about which wheels he wants to put on yet so any suggestion would be appreciated. They have to fit on a E36 and be either 7*16 or 7½*16

[Edit] some more pics added

~80 bhp
BMW 325i; M-tech II
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Nice looking project you got there Thanks for reading the rules too. Now you say it's your brother's car?but will be driving it as well i take it?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #3
78vette
Regular User

Nice Ride! I have a 1985 bmw 535I single turbo. We should talk sometime.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:24 PM   #4
coombsie66
Regular User

Awsome!!!! I would be really really interested in seeing the ins and outs of this project, please post as many updates as you can!!! Im especially interested in when you replace the steeing rack as i want to do the same to my E30 325i sport.
Best of luck, and judging by the rear end grip of my 175bhp one, yours is gunna be a fucking handfull!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
Skyliner
Regular User

It was back from the painter monday but I haven't been home since so no pics of the car.
The exhaust and complete piping have been welded, so now it just need a lot of polishing. The engine should be ready to put in either this or the next weekend.
Only major problem is retrieving the coil overs from Germany and the Racing clutch from OMP

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Nice looking project you got there Thanks for reading the rules too. Now you say it's your brother's car?but will be driving it as well i take it?
Of course I can. And I'm looking bloody forward to it! If everything goes like planned we are going to a huge BMW meeting at Ring Knutstorp (former F1 track) in Sweden (~400 cars if the weather is good) and do some racing.

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Awsome!!!! I would be really really interested in seeing the ins and outs of this project, please post as many updates as you can!!! Im especially interested in when you replace the steeing rack as i want to do the same to my E30 325i sport.
Best of luck, and judging by the rear end grip of my 175bhp one, yours is gunna be a fucking handfull!!!!!!!!!
Well the last one he had, was sporting about the same power as he expect from this one, with the huge difference there is instant power instead of just lag until ~3000 RPM . But with a good set of tires, a decent suspension setup and a LSD its not that bad. But it should be able to make some nice slides
~80 bhp
BMW 325i; M-tech II
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote