Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
komotar
Regular User

Default Supercar rally named "the Quote challenge" in SLO

Ok, so here's the deal.

I heard just today on the radio, that a rally very similar to the gumball is arriving in Lj today. Ofcorse I grab the camera and go......

Basic facts: The guy who started this rally said he'd done the Gumball and said it wasn't good enough. He said there was too much driving involved, not enough partying.
Anyway, this year, they're going from St. Moritz - Istanbull - Monaco.
50 Cars or so. The guy said because they wan't to keep it exclusive, I say because htey can't find more.

Some of the costumes, and almost everybody had costumes were prettey original.

What I found pathetic was the gallardo painted in general lee colours like Maxe's Ferrari, 3 "police" BMW's and some other unoriginal stuff.

Started sept 10th finish sept 17th. The cars I saw: the SLR, two M5's, M6, 355, 360CS, 360 Spider, 2 Vanquish, Streched limo, standard limo, 1 murci, 2 gallardo, a bunch of porsches, mini, CL 55, ML55...

I opened this thread because I have never heard of this Rally. They all come from the Netherlands. Maybe a car or two from Germany.

Got lots and lot's of pics, but expect them toward the end of the comming week.

Here's their site. You can track some of them via satelitte or something like that.

I had my gumball shirt on and the guy, the founder picked up on that in like 3 seconds. We started talking. He seems like a nice guy.

http://www.thequotechallenge.com/

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:14 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

Default Re: Supercar rally named "the Quote challenge" in

Sound great, look forward to your pics.

Originally Posted by komotar
....He said there was too much driving involved, not enough partying.....
Wrong attitude IMO.....it should be all about the driving.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:18 AM   #3
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

WTF, that is a complete ripp off of the Gumball.... why can't they come up with something original :roll:

Hell, at least there were some exotics in the streets of Ljubljana!!! Where did they go anyway (in Lj.)?

WE WANT PICS!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
redbaron
Regular User

The site of quote has also some pics of the quotechallenge

:arrow: http://www.quotenet.nl/2005/09/12/140722.php

The Murcielago with the Gulf colourscheme looks great!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #5
Wutputt
Regular User

Actually I've known this rally since their 2003 edition. It's sponsored (or organised) by a Dutch lifestyle magazine called Quote. So as you said, their main objective is to get into the spotlights, and the driving only comes into second place. Though there are some amazing cars entering every year.

I'm really looking forward to your pics, Cyril!
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
liveseytowers
Regular User

Looking forward to seeing the pics The best I ever see is a Gallardo in town and a couple of F360's. The Gallardo owner actually won it in one of the competitions you see at airports! You would rag the tits off it
liveseytowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

All these "Road Rallyes" are really themselves getting to be "unoriginal"

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:17 PM   #8
Toronto
Regular User

is that a gulf lambo? that is a slap in the face for all lemans fans
Old 09-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #9
redbaron
Regular User

Sadly a participant of this rally died, this is the official babelfished press report:

This morning a very heavy unilateral accident has occurred in the third stage of The Quote Challenge. Galzignato Levis and David Nicolussi have had an accident with their Ferrari 360 in Bulgaria, approximately 100 kilometres for the Turkish border. The driver's mate would be immediately died. Concerning the destiny of the driver can be said nothing with certainty. He has been transported to the hospital. Eye Eric Wolbert, himself, speaks participant to the The Quote Challenge concerning an enigmatic accident. They drove for us on a quiet two-lane road. All of a sudden the Ferrari to left, rams the crash barrier, shoots back gone and affects a couple trees mops to play at marbles eventually on the right side of the way. According to Wolbert was no talk of high velocities, lets there stand to a dangerous overtakingmanoeuvre. ' incomprehensiblely, a perfectly bit asphalt was and those boys were no furious drivers.' Wolbert have been shocked and fear the responses. I weet what is said concerning The Quote Challenge, but security everybody's own responsibility is and do race you on the circuit. How terribly also, this can happen always and everywhere. The Bulgarian recherche confirms that reading and speaks concerning a ' single driver accident ' that to blame sudden stuurfout of the driver are to a technical failure of the car or. It is emphasised that the way was entirely free. Also organizer Sjoerd van Stokkum of Lambo Events lets know that security is the individual responsibility of every participant. In the regulations stands that The Quote Challenge are no race, but rally for people who love cars and festivals. There are fifty participants, I warn every day that we must watch out, but a ongeluk can exclude you never. Quote are no organizer or operator of The Quote Challenge, but already celebrate year eventsponsor. According to head editor Jort cellar the accident is extremely shocking. ' this is a nightmare scenario ', explains he. But if you continue driving Europe and Asia with fifty teams sixthousend kilometre, you can exclude never something. That knows the participants also. There are always fast boys who want look up the borders. We have nothing against keep on driving where it is possible, but the security of the participants and especially mede-weggebruikers can be never endangered. Participants who that, however, do deserve disqualification. According to cellar its booklet does not sponsor The Quote Challenge primary as autorally, but as a network event of entrepreneurs and free spirits.
according to an eye-witness the 360 was doing about 150 km/h and suddenly went straight left. The co-driver died, the heavily injured driver was taken to a hospital.

redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Sounds like possible "drunk" from previous nights festivus ...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:58 AM   #11
Anonymous

Originally Posted by RC45
All these "Road Rallyes" are really themselves getting to be "unoriginal"

and their competitors are to, remember the GT3000 team did the gulf colours for gumball, i'm also willing to bet someone has a police car, oh is there a 2cv to maybe
Old 09-14-2005, 08:43 AM   #12
taygunho
Regular User

quote challenge has arrived to Turkey. I saw a grey murcielago (door number 29), blue 964 carrera (no28) and moded hummer h2. But i had no time to turn-on my camera. they appeared and disappeared in three seconds.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #13
nurbrun
Regular User

apparntly on there website the f430 was in the 2003 rally(not posible) and it has 659 bhp!