Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-26-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Gnome
Regular User

Default Upload limiting software

Does anyone know of any good upload limiters?

I'm not going to abuse it, just keep a few KB/s of outgoing bandwidth reserved for certain programs. That way maximum outgoing traffic on DC++ can't slow down my own surfing.

I tried the DU Super Controler, but it just messed up windows, so I had to uninstall it...
Old 08-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

themar..I'm amazed, any time someone has a question regarding computers you always have a good answer...

I've never heard of this..I'm gonna have to check it out
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:47 PM   #3
gigdy
Regular User

yeah netlimiter is great. Just dont share the program on dc. most places will kick for sharing it and ban for using it. but its pretty hard to get caught using it.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
Gnome
Regular User

Thanks!

You see, I have a 2.4Mbit/s ADSL. I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but it should be something like 300 KB/s download, but only ~70 KB/s upload. Most of the time I have something like 15 KB/s download, and 70KB/s upload on DC++. I have this theory that the confirmation messages that are sent from my computer to the source of the download are cued because of the maxed out upload, and thus slowing down my download. (Was that understandable, or did you fall off?) So now I'll experiment with a small restriction on the uploads...