Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Battle welts from the paintball field

So, i've had my marker for about a year now. Haven't gone since i got it and it's been about 10 years since the last time i went.

Back then i don't think they had speedball. it was just a game of hide and seek in the woods. with paint. There were a few indoor places that had forts set up for scenario type games, but largely, it was just woodsball.

It was my brother, step dad and step brother and myself. Thanks to me, the 3 of them got markers too. The field we went to was an indoor speedball field. Probably big enough for 4 on 4 battles but larger than that just gets crowded, though one game was 5v5.

Now, 10 years ago, these things left some pretty noticeable welts. i mean black and blue type welts. my marks from this one, with the exception of one, are just red and probably won't bruise.

i did a lot better than i thought i would after not playing for so long, and only playing speedball for the first time ever. I didn't get hit until the 3rd game, and after that it was all downhill The left side of my body took a pounding since i was paying more attention to the guys i had cornered in the back right bunkers most of the time that i never saw the other guy sneak up the left tape and say hi

One shot i took though really pissed me off because i was already hit and turning to walk off the field with my marker raised and got a couple in the armpit only one broke but the one that bounced hurt the worst.

three i took during a firefight when the other guy that i didn't know was still in came up the left side

the one i took in the armpit

left my knee sticking out when i crouched down

from closer range. there are a couple of blood blisters that didn't show up

i don't think the top one broke, but the lower one did

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Minacious
Regular User

I have now seen parts of you that I never thought I would. :shock:

I have always wanted to give paintballing a try.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

it's a total blast. Being in SoCal i'm sure there's a field within spitting distance of you. It's not that expensive to play. Unless you buy a case of paint, then you start getting near the $100/day area.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote