Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
Their run not that slow when drifting ever seen high speed drifting.
You ever seen the same tracks run without sliding?

Sliding a turn at 50mph may seem fast, but the same corner with grip could eb as high as 80 or 90mph.

It's a dumb sport.

And after a month of practice I will woop and "Drift King" you care to clal up.

I am ready for the challenge - sent a PM when you have the sponsorhsip sorted out
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:40 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

LMFAO!

grip driving..... think about it.... faster, more fun, and actual sport

give me a race with 10 cars on the grid all "having" to go sideways for 30 laps, and pit stops etc. with the fastest man on the track winning

oh, wait.... that wont happen.

drifting is dumb, and slow

rally.... do they drift?
in tight 300+ degree hairpins, yes, as the steering lock wont let them grip drive it quickly
on dirt?
different physical properties to asphalt, where digging in the dirt provides the most traction.

apples and ghram crackers mate.

the grip driver will win every time in every condition
Old 10-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
pagani
Regular User

I can slide my mountainbike a bit
Us is to far away for me when day maby.
First i have to get my drivers lincene i am starting soon whit driving lessons may one day in the future when can afford a decent car.
Some of the japanese drivers do both grip driving and drifting.
And some of those drift cars could be very fast track cars whit a couple of tweaks in the suspension department.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
TopGearNL
Regular User

I would like to see a Lotus Exige race around that track against that R34, mm I wonder who would win?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #20
pagani
Regular User

Normal grip driving??
A well tuned skyline can be pretty fast round a racetrack
I think it will be close.
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...95528051075022
Here is a movie of the car.
It's a pretty serious car the engine is good for 500+hp so it schould have good engine reponse most decent track skyline have 500 to 800 hp.
And are running proper suspension and brake setup.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
TopGearNL
Regular User

Normal grip driving??
A well tuned skyline can be pretty fast round a racetrack
I think it will be close.
Well the skyline might be fast but its a drifters car, drift setup and with a drifter in it
Old 10-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #22
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

No shit drifting is slower. Everyone who has the basic understanding of physics should know that.. But to be fast you must slide the car to rotate it quick in the corners.

And if you practice anything (even "grip" driving) you will become better at it, its simple as that. Chances are you wont be the next Schumacher or "Drift King" but you will be able to do it.

I'm going to stick by my story and say that it is not as easy as it looks.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #23
5vz-fe
Regular User

The best analogy for drifting I can think of is Dunk Contest. In a dunk contest, it's really not about scoring.....it's about getting the ball in in the most fancy way. It is without doubt nice to watch, but pointless in a basketball game point of view. However, in an actual game, some dunks are crucial, as much as drifting in a race. But the point is, the tail out and counter steer will be minimal, and the spin and ball thru and under the legs are cut out.

Just my 2 cents........I love to see the tail of a car slide out...but I also enjoy the ideal line of a F1 car around the track. As for track days, I prefer the later, cause it will probably have a higher chance for my car to return home safely.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

refer to this 10 page thread about how stupid drifting is

:arrow: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...r=asc&start=20
Old 10-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #25
PaulGT2164
Regular User

the pro drifters are very very skilled. if you look at most of thier resumes, several have won multiple series or events in wheel to wheel racing. i imagine they drift just to have some fun and entertain.

and for the people who say its easy, why dont you take your car to a track day or something, and have someone take some video of you slinging your car through a corners at a high rate of speed, inches from the wall, and stay in total control throughout the entire corner. then i might agree, but till then, it takes alot of skill.

seems like everytime someone posts a video or topic of something related to drift, the thread gets filled up with the same people bashing it.

and as for rhys millen goes, considering the guy has consistantly won or placed highly in numerous rally events, drift events, and set multiple pikes peak records over his career (which spans over 10 years as a pro driver) i dont think this "proves" its easy, because he is a better driver than most, if not all, of us.

is drifting a sport? i dont know. I enjoy watching it, and i respect the talent of the drivers, and i respect the performance and capabilites of the car. its good entertainment, kinda like reading some of the posts on this thread, and the lengths some people will go just to convey their already well known dislike for something, and it still entertains me that these people take all the time to read and post about something they have no interest in.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:22 PM   #26
5vz-fe
Regular User

Drifting was never stupid.....it's about entertaining urself in a different way in a car. Why do u f**k your gf in all different kinda positions when missionary will get u the ends? There are things in life that don't require effiency
Old 10-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by PaulGT2164
and for the people who say its easy, why dont you take your car to a track day or something, and have someone take some video of you slinging your car through a corners at a high rate of speed, inches from the wall, and stay in total control throughout the entire corner. then i might agree, but till then, it takes alot of skill.
Since I am "some people" - again - give me YOUR car or a sponsored car and 30 days and I guarantee you I will be able to place at national Drifting Events.

For anyone with a modicum of driving aptitude it is no different to learning open wheel racing, rally racing or endurance racing.

Track exposure, experience and the ability to practice and push the limits without worry of cost or consequence is all thats needed..

and yes 30 days is all it would take - and considering you couldn't beat Schumi after 30 days training that might indicate "drifting " is the easiest motor sport there is

seems like everytime someone posts a video or topic of something related to drift, the thread gets filled up with the same people bashing it.
Thats because it deserves bashing - its stupid.

and as for rhys millen goes, considering the guy has consistantly won or placed highly in numerous rally events, drift events, and set multiple pikes peak records over his career (which spans over 10 years as a pro driver) i dont think this "proves" its easy, because he is a better driver than most, if not all, of us.
Sure - he has had "10 years" so he better be "gooder" than the rest of "us"

But again - the "drifting" shit, doesn't tap into his 10 years experience as much as a run up Pike's Peak does..

30 days... thats all it would take

is drifting a sport? i dont know. I enjoy watching it, and i respect the talent of the drivers, and i respect the performance and capabilites of the car. its good entertainment, kinda like reading some of the posts on this thread, and the lengths some people will go just to convey their already well known dislike for something, and it still entertains me that these people take all the time to read and post about something they have no interest in.
Much like people who take the time to read and respond to the very posts that take the time to respond to the posts about not liking stuff.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #28
pagani
Regular User

Drifting is what pro drives do in their spare time.
Even dutch racing star tom cornonel do's some drifting.
Drifting is about show and fun not about taptimes.
Maby rc45 can be the pro drifting instructor and he can learn you drifting in 30 day course.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

Drifting is what pro drives do in their spare time.
Even dutch racing star tom cornonel do's some drifting.
Drifting is about show and fun not about taptimes.
Exactly - in other words ANYONE can do it giving the access to cars and tyres to trash
Old 10-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #30
pagani
Regular User

I think you need some skill to be good at drifting.
Maby a racing series whit sideways driving only would be cool.
And the name would be driftracing.
If it was my own car than also would be track driving for don't want to spend all my money on new tires all the time.