Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default PS3 keeps astounding me...

...so far the only USB device that the PS3 hasn't detected and been able to use, is the iPhone, but that is no surprise, as Windows can't even see the flash memory on the iPhone until you run iTunes.

But can you imagine how pleasently surprised we were when I brought an $80 Epson CX8400 colour printer home yesterday - and just for shits and giggles we plugged it up to the PS3.

Wham bam thankyou mam, it not only detected an Epson printer was connected, but even saw it as a CX8400, and we went to the Photo Album and printed out a couple photos directly from the PS3, with a choice of paper type, paper size etc.

So ---- for the love of God can someone PLEASE send a PS3 over to the farging morons in Redmond and get Micro$haft to see what a well designed and useful and expandable and universal serial bus equiped game console is supposed to funciton like...

This device is the best home entertainment gadget we have ever bought - bar none (well there was the Sybian... but thats not really for use with guests in the living room )

Flawless 1080p BluRay support, native DVD upscaling and playing, universal support for every USB storage device to upload and download and save data to, photo album, printer support, unlimited harddrive storage upgrade support, video file player and storage (I dont watch videos grabbed off MW on the PC anymore), CD to MP3 ripper, music library and web browser.

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, an awesome game console, with native backwards compatibilty (with the 20GB and 60GB versions) to play all PS1 and PS2 titles (well, everyone we have tried).

And there a bunch of PSP compatibility functions I have no interest in for now.

If you are planning on joining the BluRay camp this year, do yourslef a favour and start at least with a PS3, you will not regret it for an instant.

In the last year, all the XBox360 has been used for, is to play Test Drive Unlimited, Forza, Forza2, PGR3 and PGR4 - thats pretty much it - I mean ther ereally is nothing else you can do with it.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote